TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by luchtzak »

TUI fly Belgium’s Summer 2019 schedule – six new destinations : https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... tinations/

TUI fly Belgium today (31 October) released its 2019 Summer schedule. From 31 March 2019, the holiday airline will add six new destinations to its network: Antwerp Airport (Tanger and Lublin), Liège Airport (Antalya, Izmir and Rhodes) and Antalya from Brussels South Charleroi Airport. TUI fly Belgium is the only Belgian airline that operates from all five Belgian commercial airports. Enfidha in Tunisia is the most connected destination: scheduled flights from five Belgian airports.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Not mentioned here, but it seems they are stopping next year flights to BCN from ANR and OST.
That's a pity I would say. :(
I had the impression these flights were doing well. The ones I saw being handled at ANR were most of the time close to full, both ways...

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Close to full indeed, but still less than on other destinations and at low prices... so my guess is that it was not making much money.

Btw still room available in the schedule from ANR on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday... one more destination to be announced?

ostair

Post by ostair »

FLYAIR10 wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 22:20 Not mentioned here, but it seems they are stopping next year flights to BCN from ANR and OST.
That's a pity I would say. :(
I had the impression these flights were doing well. The ones I saw being handled at ANR were most of the time close to full, both ways...
NCE won't be back at OST.
The TUI spokesman said that you don't really need a plane to go Nice.
Why don't they tell the real reason?

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

NCE won't be back at OST.
The TUI spokesman said that you don't really need a plane to go Nice.
Why don't they tell the real reason?
NCE is not the same as BCN. BCN is not only BCNcity with its citytrips (both ways),but also commerce and industry,trade, football,seacruises,VFR, catalan politicians(lol),other Costa Brava resorts,... If you can fill a plane with 90-112 seats ,even with a lot of seats sold at 39,99 EUR ,could that not be economically feasible? even not in summer-months june>sept ?? Apparently not.
TUIfly gives the impression of knowing what they are doing, but I'm puzzled with this one.
Maybe another airline can fill this niche...(The 'soon' to appear 'NewVLM', Easyjet (SEN-OST-BCN...? ) ,BMI(MAN-ANR-BCN and/or MAN-OST-BCN),... ;)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Yes, they can fill a plane for Antwerp-Barcelona, with tickets only. But not at high yield because there is competition closeby from Ryanair, Vueling and Brussels Airlines.

TUI is not only a point-to-point airline: it's also a touroperator. So apart from tickets only, they need to sell a certain number of travel packages on their flights too (like city trips and beach holidays). Barcelona is one of those tourist destinations with a high number of repeat visitors, and most of them don't need the services of touroperator TUI: they know where to stay (= the same hotel again), how to get to the city centre, ...

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

I doubt that Nador, Tanger, Lublin are top destination for touroperator complementary sales. Mainly tickets only destinations, in a VisitingFriends&Relatives context.
I would expect Greece to be more of a touroperator destination country, but out of ANR, no flights at all (while some are within range out of ANR)

ostair

Post by ostair »

I had a totally different question.
TUIfly is a division of TUI Belgium.

Not all of their flights have a deal. It seems that TUIfly have more and more "etnic" flights.
Even in France...
They must make money.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

TUIfly expanding operations at Lille (LIL) with 11 destinations for the summer season. But only 7 destination are available for 'flight only' bookings... (dutch only):
https://www.hln.be/reizen/tui-biedt-van ... a57ac845a/

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

DIBO wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 20:47 TUIfly expanding operations at Lille (LIL) with 11 destinations for the summer season. But only 7 destination are available for 'flight only' bookings... (dutch only):
In English: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... ixth-base/

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

737MAX wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 00:13
luchtzak wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 00:00
DIBO wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 20:47 TUIfly expanding operations at Lille (LIL) with 11 destinations for the summer season. But only 7 destination are available for 'flight only' bookings... (dutch only):
In English: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... ixth-base/
In English, but with a completely wrong title.

LIL was already a base for TUI, next to CDG/NTE/LYS in France......... they are expanding an existing base, that’s all.
The airline announced it as their sixth base, perhaps previously aircraft were never based at Lille Airport?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TUI fly Belgium will link Montpellier with Brussels South Charleroi as of 7/04 and with Casablanca as of 8/06, says Montpellier airport.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

SmartLynx Airlines and TUI Airlines Belgium sign a 3-year contract

Cooperation between the two companies began in 2016 when Latvian based ACMI provider wet-leased 2 aircraft to Belgium airline for a busy summer season.
The collaboration proved to be successful and continued during the following seasons with the increasing number of units leased each year.
At the end of 2018, SmartLynx Airlines and TUI Airlines Belgium reached their most ambitious agreement to date.
Starting in 2019, for 3 summer seasons in a row, 4 SmartLynx aircraft will be flying under TUI flight numbers sharing best business practices together. Belgium is considered to be the base for the 2019 operations and the bases for the remaining contract term will be decided.
Gunther Hofman, MD TUI fly Benelux: “We are very happy with this long term relationship with Smartlynx. During the last few years of cooperation, Smartlynx has proved to be a reliable partner, very cooperative in finding solutions and definitely a highly valued partner for TUI fly.”

https://www.smartlynx.aero/corporate/me ... e/news/752

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

TUI has a “new” bird flying around.
OO-TNB 737-800W
Ex-TUI fly Holland PH-TFB

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 12:19 TUI fly Belgium will link Montpellier with Brussels South Charleroi as of 7/04, says Montpellier airport.
No more: TUI fly stops the route before it is started due to the competition of Ryanair flying to both the neighbouring airports of Béziers and Nîmes.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... y-ryanair/
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

I asked Sarah Saucin from TUI and she answered me for both CRL-MPL and BRU-MIA that there were changes into TUI Group fleet
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 17:08 I asked Sarah Saucin from TUI and she answered me for both CRL-MPL and BRU-MIA that there were changes into TUI Group fleet
After several days, she gave the same reply to my own questions...
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

I think she was busy with all the press requests about the national strike...

Well, at least we have our answer. TUI has given up MIA, who's going to take over now? AB? Not ready...

Norwegian ? Long haul base rumours...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Someone btw at Salon des Vacances at Brussels this weekend, at Lille Airport stand told me a Boeing 787 of TUI was coming today or tomorrow to Lille... But it seems more that a DREAMLINER flight is planned for Wednesday or so...