The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

jan_olieslagers

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by jan_olieslagers »

For as little as I know about commercial air transport, it seems obvious to me it is all a matter of basic rate per hour or per flight or per whatever (xx in the example below), plus SLA's: how much less will we pay for every time service is not delivered as agreed. All of this is open to negotiation, and the one who least needs the contract/business is on the firmest ground.

SLA: "service level agreement". I.E. it is agreed between parties that such and such service shall be provided, at a cost of xx €; a minimum of yy% must be delivered and failing that there is zz € less due.

b.lufthansa

Re: The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Post by b.lufthansa »

According to a pilot familiar with the aircraft, the Sukhoi has currently a very tight MEL. The slightest issue is already reason for AOG.

A minimum equipment list (MEL) is a list which provides for the operation of aircraft, subject to specified conditions, with particular equipment inoperative (which is) prepared by an operator in conformity with, or more restrictive than, the MMEL established for the aircraft type. (ICAO Annex 6: Operation of Aircraft)

AOG is Aircraft On Ground

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Someone i know is supposed to fly on Tuesday from BHX to BRU at 6.05AM, wonder how that will turn out, it's been flying fine all week but this morning guess what...cancelled.

AND this is already a free re-booking cause originally we booked a 10.40am flight but that one seems to have ceased all operations for at least 11 or 12 days now and we never got any message from Brussels Airlines via Text or Email that it was cancelled, i noticed it wasn't listed under ''My Bookings'' on their website, only the return flight was.

Had to call them past Tuesday to hear it got cancelled but they offered a free rebooking to the 6.05AM flight, but after it being cancelled this morning i hold my heart for next Tuesday...
Dunno if it matters or relates to anything but this morning it seems that it was FWF that got cancelled

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Someone i know is supposed to fly on Tuesday from BHX to BRU at 6.05AM, wonder how that will turn out, it's been flying fine all week but this morning guess what...cancelled.

AND this is already a free re-booking cause originally we booked a 10.40am flight but that one seems to have ceased all operations for at least 11 or 12 days now and we never got any message from Brussels Airlines via Text or Email that it was cancelled, i noticed it wasn't listed under ''My Bookings'' on their website, only the return flight was.

Had to call them past Tuesday to hear it got cancelled but they offered a free rebooking to the 6.05AM flight, but after it being cancelled this morning i hold my heart for next Tuesday...
Dunno if it matters or relates to anything but this morning it seems that it was FWF that got cancelled

T
As an alternative maybe consider VLM Airlines through Antwerp airport instead next time ? They are flying BHX-ANR-BHX every workday. ;)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

dcoops wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 14:57 Possibly a new delivery for Cityjet...?

BCY042P has just positioned into EBBR from Venice with hex code 4CAFA9. EI-FWG or a miscoded box?

Rgrds
D.
Cityjet has sent a new Sukhoi over to Brussels, this one is registered EI-FWG in full Brussels Airlines livery. Thanks to Skumfiduse for the tip!

convair

Post by convair »

luchtzak wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 13:28

BCY042P has just positioned into EBBR from Venice with hex code 4CAFA9. EI-FWG or a miscoded box?

Rgrds
D.
Cityjet has sent a new Sukhoi over to Brussels, this one is registered EI-FWG in full Brussels Airlines livery. Thanks to Skumfiduse for the tip!
Already in operation to/from Nantes this morning. Too fast for FR24 to identify it; still unkown in their data!

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

FLYAIR10 wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 10:19 As an alternative maybe consider VLM Airlines through Antwerp airport instead next time ? They are flying BHX-ANR-BHX every workday. ;)
We used to when they flew SOU - ANR before they went bankrupt in 2016, never saw our 110 euros again.
Having said that, this whole Brussels Airlines saga ain't much better seeing she can still get cancelled on Tuesday morning at random, I hate that we paid for a flight and you're not even sure it's gonna fly.

On that note it seems the flight from this morning was butter smooth and it was the same FWF plane that got cancelled yesterday.
Guess I'll call their call center Monday and ask if the tuesday morning flight is still going, or let her try the online check in Monday night, heard some people say that if it's cancelled you can't check in online the night before.

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Rgrds
D.
EI-FWG already cancelled for tomorrow 6am from BHX to BRU, off to a great start.
That gives me more hope though my Tuesday 6am flight will happen but who knows, hope they don't cancel SN2050 2 days in a row.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

thisguy wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 08:06

Rgrds
D.
EI-FWG already cancelled for tomorrow 6am from BHX to BRU, off to a great start.
That gives me more hope though my Tuesday 6am flight will happen but who knows, hope they don't cancel SN2050 2 days in a row.
The SSJ 100...or how to organize a beautiful against advertising .... scary!

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

According to Flightstats, https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-d ... =964818497 it is now EI-FWF that will be your horse on SN2050 03JUN.

I note that this flight is code shared with BM, EY, LH, TG and UA.
Nice advertising coverage indeed ....

H.A.

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 12:31 According to Flightstats, https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-d ... =964818497 it is now EI-FWF that will be your horse on SN2050 03JUN.
Yeah just seen that, it got cancelled on Friday 6am but flew fine yesterday morning at 6am so not sure how I feel lol.
Did see that it's last flight on Monday 2 July is gonna be BHX - BRU as SN2048 at 6pm so hope its feeling up to the task to do that again 12 hours later at 6am as SN2050.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

FWA : BRU since 29 June
FWB : VCE
FWC : Flying, flights cancelled 30 June
FWD : BRU
FWE : Flying but with flights cancelled
FWF : Flying but with MAN flights cancelled
FWG : Flying but with BHX flights cancelled
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

jerry

Post by jerry »

I am on the morning rotation from MXP-BRU tomorrow. Pray for FWF

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

BHX - BRU for 3 July at 6am just changed again from EI-FWF to EI-FWG.
Last activity for FWG is landing in BRU last night from MXP and cancelling the evening flight to BHX last night and morning flight tomorrow from BHX to BRU.

See it got a couple of flights tomorrow incl ending with an evening one from BRU to BHX so praying it goes smooth so I can get the Tuesday morning 6am one.
Though I find it unacceptable we have to "pray" for our flight to turn up, they need to sort this Sukhoi crap.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The SN inflight magazine says that 5 SSJ100s are assigned to its flights. Since CityJet does not seem this aircraft on other duties, that means that two aircraft can be AOG any time without affecting SN's traffic.
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

they need to sort this Sukhoi crap
Perhaps. But how can you tell? It may just as well be they are unable or unwilling to perform proper maintenance. I do not hear of the same level of problems from other operators of the type? [[edited to add: @Ansett does mention similar issues at Interjet]]

One may however question SN's continuing use of CityJet - they do fail to deliver properly. Just hope the contract/SLA punishes that severely enough to really hurt.
Last edited by jan_olieslagers on 01 Jul 2018, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Well I didn't mean Sukhoi crap as in crap planes but I meant like all the delay and cancelled flights crap that is going on, I never had this issue with BHX - BRU before Brussels Airlines started using Cityjet and the Sukhoi planes.
I believe before all this my 10.40am flight from BHX was by Flybe and they definitely used different planes, but this is the first time in over 4 months of using that route and I saw they changed planes and use Cityjet.

I'm a noob when it comes to flying, I know nothing about planes and only about booking a flight and showing up on time, but can anyone explain why the evening flight tonight to BHX and the morning flight tomorrow from BHX to BRU already got cancelled this morning at like 7am while FWG ( the plane in question ) still did a flight this morning from MXP to BRU arriving with 30 mins delay at 10.42am ?

I'm sure there is a very good reason for ( or not lol ) but it just seems weird to me the plane wouldn't make a flight scheduled like 10 hours after landing, let alone already get cancelled for the next morning ( though I guess that's due to it not flying to BHX tonight in the first place )

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

thisguy wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 19:43 Though I find it unacceptable we have to "pray" for our flight to turn up, they need to sort this Sukhoi crap.
As it is necessary, in fact, to ask the type of plane or its registration to be sure to leave, I changed my company on the European network where I was still flying with SN. I came back from two trips to Florence and Milan Malpensa this week in Embraer de KLM. It was perfect!

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Most cancellations these days are due to lack of crew not due to technical problems :roll:
Best regards,

Airbuske

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

airbuske wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 09:15 Most cancellations these days are due to lack of crew not due to technical problems :roll:
You certainly know more than me ... but for a passenger it is the same ... the plane does not fly!
And a passenger who has to fly prefers the plane to be in the air!