The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

cathay belgium

Re: Sukhoi (EI-FWD), operating for Brussels Airlines stuck on runway 25R and forced to be towed to its stand

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

It is already implented in the booking system .
Flight in november !
Guess you can join me then in BMA !

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

convair

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by convair »

b.lufthansa wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 10:02 On the 19th of May EI-FWD broke down at Zadar Airport and was ferried to its base in Venice six days later. The aircraft seems to be in repair until the 18th of June, ferried back to Brussels to operate SN2049 to Birmingham (18/06/2018) and has now been grounded at Birmingham since then.
If I understand correctly, of all current SN European destinations, only BMA represents a potential problem for the A319.
It's a pity they can't borrow 2 or 3 suitable (Embraer or Bombardier) regional jet planes within the LH group in order to get rid of the Sukhois.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

I don't see ESSB, Bromma, to be a problem for the A319.
Maybe a tad difficult due to politically sensitive noise issue but the runway is long enough.
Actually it is not 1668m as mentioned on the front page as both thresholds are displaced, enabling a longer run when taking off from TWYs Y1 or Y5 (used to be A and B if I remember well).
The AIP gives TORA of 1668m but ASDA of 1779m.
On the other hand I cannot reconcile AIP (29MAR18) with the Chart (same date !) as the chart gives TORA = TODA = ASDA = LDA .... :?

Nevertheless, FLR is more difficult to handle, with a shorter RWY at 1605m, yet several A319s operate there every day.

TORA : Take Off Run Available, till the end of the declared runway.
ASDA : Accelerate Stop Distance Available, with the addition of an area with pavement strength designed for occasional us only.

I'll miss the BAe/RJ "catapult" take off at ESSB.
Used to get the few additional centimetres before lining up, stand up on the brakes, apply power and let go. :D
This was mainly due to the absence of reversers I understand.

H.A.

sn26567

Re: Sukhoi (EI-FWD), operating for Brussels Airlines stuck on runway 25R and forced to be towed to its stand

Post by sn26567 »

Flying to BMA on 25/6, return on 29/6. SSJs scheduled. I cross fingers!
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

News from the nursery ;) :
B still in Zadar (since more than a week now :( );
D (that refused to move from 25R) under intensive care :cry: ;
A, C, E and F seem to be doing OK the last few days :) .

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

Sukhoi is considering a new name for its superjet: the Stuckoi Superjet !! :lol:

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

b.lufthansa wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 12:56 Sukhoi is considering a new name for its superjet: the Stuckoi Superjet !! :lol:
after OO-STUC now SN has a fleet of Stuckhois :p
Citybird
The flying dream

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

SN or maybe LH can fire the nursery !! I hope so !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

CTBke wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 13:15
b.lufthansa wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 12:56 Sukhoi is considering a new name for its superjet: the Stuckoi Superjet !!
after OO-STUC now SN has a fleet of Stuckhois
nordikcam wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 14:53 SN or maybe LH can fire the nursery !! I hope so !
At this moment, the trophy still belongs to another Belgian airline (a start up), with two serious technicals on a handful of flights.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passenger wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 19:06
CTBke wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 13:15
b.lufthansa wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 12:56 Sukhoi is considering a new name for its superjet: the Stuckoi Superjet !!
after OO-STUC now SN has a fleet of Stuckhois
nordikcam wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 14:53 SN or maybe LH can fire the nursery !! I hope so !
At this moment, the trophy still belongs to another Belgian airline (a start up), with two serious technicals on a handful of flights.
Yes...but the Stuckhoi Super Superjet stays on the second step ! ;)

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

Ansett wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 20:13 As mentioned by Passenger the SSJ is a very comfortable plane. Too bad it is not technically reliable.
The fact that LH, 100 % owner of SN, does not seem (as far as I know) to be willing to help and lets SN sort out the mess alone is quite worrisome. If I missed something, please tell me.
"You wanted those SSJ's, Beeline", said Mutti Lufty "you sort out the issues by yourself too", continued Mutti Lufty. 😂

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

You get what you pay for... no doubt SN opted for the deal with Cityjet because it was cheaper than leasing half a dozen of their own regional jets so now the whole thing ends up being a nightmare for those pax involved in the many cancellations.... Instead of looking for some short term solution why didn't they go for some Embraers or C-Series and started their own regional ops... The retirement of the Avros is not something that happened overnight!
Recently we visited Air Baltic and their new C-Series operation which seems to be really successful... and the planes are doing so well they've ordered a bunch more... Heck they even fly them to Abu Dhabi! SN could have operated them on the regional flights currently operated (or cancelled) on the SSJ and even on some longer routes where they can't fill an Airbus... Would have been a great plane to do things like Athens and Istanbul overnight and get max utilization...
All this will not help their bottom line or their future!

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

And in the mean time, Cityjet is in talks with LH about an extension of their contract. If i am correct, the current contract is until next year. Wondering what will happen??

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

EI-FWA operated normally flight SN2254 BLL-BRU this morning. But immediately thereafter it was AOG at BRU. Flight SB23p3 to GOT is cancelled. Again!

How long shall we have to endure this comedy, or should I say tragedy?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

If I may summarise:

CityJet has six Sukhoi SSJ100-95 aircraft (EI-FWA to FWF), of which four are supposed to fly for Brussels Airlines, of which three are painted in SN livery (EI-FWD to WWF). Due to the many problems, the now seem to fly (when they are able to fly) exclusively for SN.
  • FWA has just been declared AOG at BRU
  • FWB is in VCE since 11 June, where it flew from BRU as BCY041P. AOG?
  • FWC is in BMA where it landed yesterday night as SN2309. Return flight SN2310 of this morning cancelled. AOG?
  • FWD has been seen last on the tarmac of BRU on 20 June, coming back from BHX as BCY042P. AOG?
  • FWE has been flying BSL-BRU this morning as SN2702 with a delay of close to two hours, but at least it seems operational
  • FWF is flying to BMA as SN2303, with a delay of close to one hour, but at least it is operational.
Two aircraft flying out of six? A catastrophe!
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Post by sn26567 »

With all the problems seen these last few weeks with the CityJet SSJ100s operating for Brussels Airlines, I thought it would be useful to open a thread covering these stories. Let's go!
André
ex Sabena #26567

quixoticguide

Re: The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Post by quixoticguide »

Interjet had the same problems in january 2018 and grounds 4 SSJ 100s for spares.
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... for-spares
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Homo Aeroportus

Re: The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

sn26567 wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 11:04 With all the problems seen these last few weeks with the CityJet SSJ100s operating for Brussels Airlines, I thought it would be useful to open a thread covering these stories. Let's go!
Could even open an hourly status report ...
:mrgreen:

For FR24 :
EI-FWA was indeed supposed to run the GOT and has been cancelled but one hour later she took off to operate the service to NTE. ETA 11:32

EI-FWC was planned to leave BMA this early morning as SN2310 but that flight was cancelled. Now she comes back as SN2308 from BMA, ETA BRU 12:00

Guess not the time to quit smoking at SN Ops...

H.A.

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

A good occasion to get out of this deal of delays and cancellations and get some reliable planes in service! but why do I have a feeling they are going to extend the deal...

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

JustPlanes wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 04:28 A good occasion to get out of this deal of delays and cancellations and get some reliable planes in service! but why do I have a feeling they are going to extend the deal...
because it's probably the cheapest option and Cityjet will lower it's price as AF doesn't want to see the SSJ operating their routes ..
Citybird
The flying dream