BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 985
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by CTBke » 01 Oct 2018, 18:45

luchtzak wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 18:26
TLspotting wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 17:53
Primera Air won't launch new routes due to bankruptcy...
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/prim ... -tomorrow/
hopefully UA will pick up the afternoon flight to EWR on a 757
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2119
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by cathay belgium » 01 Oct 2018, 19:18

Hi,

Or a return of AA ;) to JFK....
Miss the AA tail around BRU !

CXB
New types 2018 : AN140-B1900D-Bell212-Bergfalke4-B772LR-A320NEO-YAK42

convair
Posts: 1599
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by convair » 01 Oct 2018, 19:33

And why not an SN flight to BOS?

User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2119
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by cathay belgium » 01 Oct 2018, 20:06

Hi,

Because LH said no ;) go via FRA ( in a B748-A359 )

CXB
New types 2018 : AN140-B1900D-Bell212-Bergfalke4-B772LR-A320NEO-YAK42

b720
Posts: 828
Joined: 04 May 2006, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by b720 » 01 Oct 2018, 20:24

Or SN evening flight to NYC

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33841
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 01 Oct 2018, 20:54

convair wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 19:33
And why not an SN flight to BOS?
... with their future A321LR?
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1400
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 02 Oct 2018, 11:45

CTBke wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 18:45
luchtzak wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 18:26
TLspotting wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 17:53
Primera Air won't launch new routes due to bankruptcy...
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/prim ... -tomorrow/
hopefully UA will pick up the afternoon flight to EWR on a 757
I suppose if UA would have any such plan, they would have gone ahead with or without Primera starting this route... So I very much doubt it. And within A++, I don't think LH would be all to eager to accept it, either.

nordikcam
Posts: 830
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:22
Location: Uccle

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by nordikcam » 02 Oct 2018, 12:18

Conti764 wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 11:45
CTBke wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 18:45
hopefully UA will pick up the afternoon flight to EWR on a 757
I suppose if UA would have any such plan, they would have gone ahead with or without Primera starting this route... So I very much doubt it. And within A++, I don't think LH would be all to eager to accept it, either.
Bad weather for Brussels but I do not think that LH @ FRA or MUC will benefit if I judge the behavior of my traveling colleagues and mine. The bad weather of Brussels is more for the benefit of CDG or AMS.
It's a feeling or a comment and not a basic analysis ..

SabenaForever
Posts: 451
Joined: 24 Dec 2003, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by SabenaForever » 07 Oct 2018, 01:07

Ryanair starting BRU-Girona from 01/04/2019, 3x weekly

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33841
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 07 Oct 2018, 10:19

SabenaForever wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 01:07
Ryanair starting BRU-Girona from 01/04/2019, 3x weekly
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ryan ... -brussels/
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 555
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by TLspotting » 07 Oct 2018, 10:28

Monday flight operated by Girona-based aircraft and Wednesday, Friday flights operated by Brussels-based aircraft.

Schedule :

FR5234 GRO - BRU 12:05 - 14:00 1------
FR5233 BRU - GRO 14:25 - 16:20 1------
FR5233 BRU - GRO 14:00 - 15:55 --3----
FR5234 GRO - BRU 16:20 - 18:15 --3----
FR5233 BRU - GRO 17:50 - 19:45 ----5--
FR5324 GRO - BRU 20:10 - 22:05 ----5--
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

Passenger
Posts: 5691
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Passenger » 07 Oct 2018, 11:09

The disappearance of Primera Air doesn't create an opportunity for Brussels Airlines, Air Belgium, United, AA, who ever. The dusappearance only creates an opportunity for carriers with the same business model as Primera Air had: long haul narrow seat pitch low budget cattle class stripped fare.

TLspotting
Posts: 555
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by TLspotting » 07 Oct 2018, 13:28

Let's see Norwegian then...
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

nordikcam
Posts: 830
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:22
Location: Uccle

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by nordikcam » 07 Oct 2018, 14:16

TLspotting wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 13:28
Let's see Norwegian then...
If they do not disappear too...

sean1982
Posts: 3099
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sean1982 » 09 Oct 2018, 02:50

Passenger wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 11:09
The disappearance of Primera Air doesn't create an opportunity for Brussels Airlines, Air Belgium, United, AA, who ever. The dusappearance only creates an opportunity for carriers with the same business model as Primera Air had: long haul narrow seat pitch low budget cattle class stripped fare.
You might want to reconsider that statement:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/10 ... -york.html

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10515
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by luchtzak » 09 Oct 2018, 07:26

sean1982 wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 02:50
Passenger wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 11:09
The disappearance of Primera Air doesn't create an opportunity for Brussels Airlines, Air Belgium, United, AA, who ever. The dusappearance only creates an opportunity for carriers with the same business model as Primera Air had: long haul narrow seat pitch low budget cattle class stripped fare.
You might want to reconsider that statement:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/10 ... -york.html
I would fly 500,000 passengers across the Atlantic if they pay an average of €1,000 per ticket any day (example) but not 2,000,000 passengers if they'd only pay around €400.

It's yield not total passengers that count.

sean1982
Posts: 3099
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sean1982 » 09 Oct 2018, 08:26

luchtzak wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 07:26
sean1982 wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 02:50
Passenger wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 11:09
The disappearance of Primera Air doesn't create an opportunity for Brussels Airlines, Air Belgium, United, AA, who ever. The dusappearance only creates an opportunity for carriers with the same business model as Primera Air had: long haul narrow seat pitch low budget cattle class stripped fare.
You might want to reconsider that statement:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/10 ... -york.html
I would fly 500,000 passengers across the Atlantic if they pay an average of €1,000 per ticket any day (example) but not 2,000,000 passengers if they'd only pay around €400.

It's yield not total passengers that count.
Agree, while BA can nearly fund it’s entire operation just with the NY route and Norwegian is losing money on it, Its disconcerting to see what they have achieved in a short period of time. Some of them are new pax for Sure, but most of them once flew BA, AA, etc ....

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10515
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by luchtzak » 09 Oct 2018, 11:13

Ryanair to launch six new routes from Belgian airports (from Summer 2019) – Michael O’Leary reaches out to Belgian unions

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ryan ... an-unions/

Darjeeling
Posts: 207
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 10:13

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Darjeeling » 18 Oct 2018, 12:06

Qatar Airways is reintroducing the A350-900 (but without Qsuites) as from March 31st, seemingly on both of its flights (QR194/196).

It's rather an upgrade in terms of pax comfort, as the 77W still have the (very) old QR product on the BRU route.

8-)

SabenaForever
Posts: 451
Joined: 24 Dec 2003, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by SabenaForever » 19 Oct 2018, 08:54

Darjeeling wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 12:06
Qatar Airways is reintroducing the A350-900 (but without Qsuites) as from March 31st, seemingly on both of its flights (QR194/196).

It's rather an upgrade in terms of pax comfort, as the 77W still have the (very) old QR product on the BRU route.

8-)
It seems that the A350 is only deployed in april. 6 weekly A350 and 2 weekly 77W.
From may it is the 77W 8weekly.

Post Reply