BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

skumfiduse

Re: BRU Summer 2019: news, new routes, airlines

Post by skumfiduse »

Atlantis wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 20:03 Icelandair will double the number of flights between Iceland and BRU. During Summer they will fly 10 times a week. On Tuesday, Friday and Saturday they will fly twice a day

Source: Luchtvaartnieuws
This has already been announced before. Or they reconfirm their commitment, with unintentionally increased capacity because of the 737 max issues.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

10 flights a week with or without WOW ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nordikcam wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 21:37 10 flights a week with or without WOW ?
Icelandair alone. WOW flights are additional.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sterling

Post by sterling »

sn26567 wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 11:40 LOT Polish Airlines will launch 12 weekly flights between Brussels and Budapest from 2 September.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lot- ... bucharest/

To Brussels LOT will fly with E195 aircraft from Mondays to Saturdays based on the following schedule:

BUD-BRU 07:10-09:15
BRU-BUD 10:00-11:50

BUD-BRU 17:25-19:30
BRU-BUD 20:15-22:10

Thus LOT does it again: competing with a fellow Star Alliance member (SN) on the same route!
LOT = The new Turkish Airlines; Let's Operate (like) Turkish.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Ansett wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 19:37 LOT is filling the gap left a few years ago by Malev between BUD BRU vv. But their flights overlap/duplicate to some extent those offered by SN. I don't really see the point, but perhaps I'm missing something.
Ironically, some of the SN flights will be operated with Czech Airlines metal :?
Dear Ansett,

LOT has a base at BUD airport. They offer from BUD also long haul flights. So they are now also going to start up feeder flights to BUD and to those flights. BRU is a very important destination to/from Poland but also to BUD.

As second, LOT has the intention to be the biggest airline in that region. 4 New B787 will be delivered this year on top of the many they have already. For the next coming years, other B787 will follow.
They start also very nice new long haul destinations at really good prices.

Their intention is to bring a lot of people to Poland and offer them great connections from there.

As third I would like to add that I don't understand your link with SN operated with Czech metal, lease, to BUD. Budapest is the capital of Hungary, has nothing to do with Czech Republic.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

this is the summerlease , SN will have 2 A319’s from CSA operating out of BRU
Citybird
The flying dream

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

CTBke wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 20:27 this is the summerlease , SN will have 2 A319’s from CSA operating out of BRU
Yes, 1 during the summer season only, and the 2nd one seems to be for 12 months.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Qatar flight from Doha operated by A359 replaced by Boeing 777-300ER effective as from 1st April 2019. #Nojoke
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

I see here

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

three A319's operated by CSA ...

I also see an AR8 and three CRJ900

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Lufthansa is going to take over the flights from Star Alliance member LATAM between Muc and Sao Paulo.
This is really bad luck for BRU again as a pax flight between BRU and Sao Paulo is now very unlikely as LH will not allow LATAM to fly to BRU now with pax

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 15:28 Lufthansa is going to take over the flights from Star Alliance member LATAM between Muc and Sao Paulo.
This is really bad luck for BRU again as a pax flight between BRU and Sao Paulo is now very unlikely as LH will not allow LATAM to fly to BRU now with pax
How can LH forbid an independent airline to fly where it wants to fly?
Star Alliance is an Alliance, not the LH playground.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Kenlybe

Post by Kenlybe »

sn26567 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:04
Atlantis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 15:28 Lufthansa is going to take over the flights from Star Alliance member LATAM between Muc and Sao Paulo.
Latam is not even part of Star Alliance, but of Oneworld.

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

How can LH take over flights from the competition??
gtz
paul

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Star Alliance is not like a friendly club or whatever, Star Alliance is ruled by LH like they want to rule everything.
Like said many times, LH sees SN and BRU as a big obstacle. They best way for them was to take over SN. So one trouble less. With BRU they play it on the way to take as much as they can Star flights to their own airports in Germany.
When they were not the main owner of SN, things behind the scenes were much more easier when it came to negotiations with other possible partners. But that landscape changed drastically......

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Kenlybe wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:15
Latam is not even part of Star Alliance, but of Oneworld.
Indeed, was a typo of mine. I mentioned LATAM as a nice additional airline in the topic of BRU: Star and OneWorld

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

ZavCity wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:44 How can LH take over flights from the competition??
gtz
paul
LATAM left the German market bcs too much competition. But that was only nice written on paper to give a reason why to stop.

In a very short period after, LH start exactly a route to Sao Paulo with exactly three flights a week and even with bigger metal....

See the picture?....

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

Atlantis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:20 LH sees SN and BRU as a big obstacle. They best way for them was to take over SN. So one trouble less. With BRU they play it on the way to take as much as they can Star flights to their own airports in Germany.
Well, there is a rationale behind it from their perspective.

But trying to send everyone to MUC or FRA (horrible place), is not going to work though.
Sending people from BRU, ARN or CPH to MUC, to send them all to GRU means they have to make a certain detour (time and money wise less interesting). Plus, people have other options; via MAD or LIS, shorter and prolly cheaper. MAD for sure is a much nicer place to change than FRA.
CDG and AMS are just a train ride away.

I would of course like a BRU-GRU route, but there are many more (especially to the USA and Asia) which would make more sense.
And they won't happen, because the biggest Airline in BRU is owned by another Airline who will send everybody east before they will be sent west. Or first South to MUC to go North to Asia.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

ezis_bis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:49
Atlantis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:20 LH sees SN and BRU as a big obstacle. They best way for them was to take over SN. So one trouble less. With BRU they play it on the way to take as much as they can Star flights to their own airports in Germany.
Well, there is a rationale behind it from their perspective.

But trying to send everyone to MUC or FRA (horrible place), is not going to work though.
Sending people from BRU, ARN or CPH to MUC, to send them all to GRU means they have to make a certain detour (time and money wise less interesting). Plus, people have other options; via MAD or LIS, shorter and prolly cheaper. MAD for sure is a much nicer place to change than FRA.
CDG and AMS are just a train ride away.

I would of course like a BRU-GRU route, but there are many more (especially to the USA and Asia) which would make more sense.
And they won't happen, because the biggest Airline in BRU is owned by another Airline who will send everybody east before they will be sent west. Or first South to MUC to go North to Asia.
This is exactly what LH has in their mind. Filling their planes at BRU, flying to any airport in Germany and to let them transfer to any other destination.

On this way they want to create from BRU a less attractive airport, only good for leisure flights with Eurowings to the South of Europe. The premium passengers has to fly via other airports.

BRU and the BRU management was absolutely not happy with the full take over of SN by LH

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

Atlantis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 21:15 The premium passengers has to fly via other airports.
Well, I do think there are enough premium passengers to guarantee certain routes (BRU --> EU Capitals)
So those people won't really have to take 2h trains each time.

And there you can of course connect as well (SAS, Finnair, Aer Lingus)

But in general, it's not looking that great. It of course are lost opportunities for the Belgian economy, but this is of no concern to LH.

Though, on the other hand, I well working hub in Brussels (with lots of EU and Africa traffic) would also benefit LH. But I guess it'll be killed off, and it'll be more trips via CPH for me.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

ezis_bis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 21:58
Atlantis wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 21:15 The premium passengers has to fly via other airports.
Well, I do think there are enough premium passengers to guarantee certain routes (BRU --> EU Capitals)
So those people won't really have to take 2h trains each time.

And there you can of course connect as well (SAS, Finnair, Aer Lingus)

But in general, it's not looking that great. It of course are lost opportunities for the Belgian economy, but this is of no concern to LH.

Though, on the other hand, I well working hub in Brussels (with lots of EU and Africa traffic) would also benefit LH. But I guess it'll be killed off, and it'll be more trips via CPH for me.
For me Gare du Midi ( ZYR ) has a perfect service and AF from CDG goes everywhere in the world. LAX - YVR - BKK - YYZ - HAV/SCU - YUL - GIG my next trips !