Introduction of Brussels Airlines' fifth Belgian Icon OO-SND: Aerosmurf #SNSmurfs

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

KriVa

Re: Introduction of Brussels Airlines' fifth Belgian Icon OO-SND: Aerosmurf #SNSmurfs

Post by KriVa »

That's the flight arriving on the 25th, it will perform the return flight from TLV on the 26th, though.
I'm not quite sure where FR24 gets its data from, but suffice to say it's not always correct.
SND is still foreseen on the LIN and TLV flight on the 25th.
Thomas

luchtzak

Re: Introduction of Brussels Airlines' fifth Belgian Icon OO-SND: Aerosmurf #SNSmurfs

Post by luchtzak »

KriVa wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 14:05 That's the flight arriving on the 25th, it will perform the return flight from TLV on the 26th, though.
I'm not quite sure where FR24 gets its data from, but suffice to say it's not always correct.
SND is still foreseen on the LIN and TLV flight on the 25th.
I think that flightradar24 works with updates every xx hours, as otherwise the servers will get clogged with data-requests. YouTube also does it counting views only every xx hours. (cron jobs)

convair

Post by convair »

Also remember that, with the start of the summer season tomorrow, the timetables are likely to undergo some changes and that some aircraft are returning from maintenance, with possibly a few hiccups here and there. :)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Beautiful, funny...good idea !

Aerofool

Post by Aerofool »

In its press release, Brussels Airlines says the first flight will be on Sunday at 9.50 AM:
"Tomorrow at 09.50 AM Aerosmurf will take off to London for its maiden voyage (flight SN2093). Find the complete flight schedule of the aircraft via https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... aerosmurf/

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

Hallo

on this "aerosmurf" schedule no word about a LHR rotation tomorrow!
gtz
paul

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I have just checked again, SND is back to being scheduled for SN2093 to LHR.
Thomas

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Why did they not follow the original drawing?
Somebody know?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

lumumba wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 22:20 Why did they not follow the original drawing?
Somebody know?
My best guess would be to have a white nosecoin. As they had a lot of issues with the parking guidance on the other belgian icons.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Shengenzone wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 23:33
Somebody know?
My best guess would be to have a white nosecoin. As they had a lot of issues with the parking guidance on the other belgian icons.
Thx

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Congrats Quixoticguide !

Thanks to your photo FR24 has now updated OO-SND.
Screenshot 2018-03-25 17.14.29.png
Though still not knowing where she flies to.
;)

Guess heading for LIN?

H.A.

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 17:23 Congrats Quixoticguide !

;)

Guess heading for LIN?

H.A.
Yes it was LIN - chosen for the almost-inaugural service because it is the home town own Maria Mascellani, whose design was realised on the Areosmurf. F/O on this flight was her boyfriend, a pilot for SN himself.
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, Brussels-based)

RTM

Post by RTM »

Shengenzone wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 23:33
Somebody know?
I don't think they went far from the original design on the left side at all. They put Smurfette in the drivers seat, and the attendant was replaced by a male Smurf, other than that, it is more or less the original design. They had to bring the height of the design down though, to transfer the flat 2D design onto a round 3D aeroplane. If they would not have done that, it would have looked odd from certain angles. And this way it allowed them to paint some sort of fuselage around the design, with a white(ish) nose, which will indeed aid in getting the aircraft automatically docked. They did learn from Rackham smashing into a boarding bridge. Other benefit is that in case of a radome replacement, it will visually not have the same effect as when Rackham flew around with a white nose for a couple of days.
Vic Diesel wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 09:53
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 17:23 Congrats Quixoticguide !

;)

Guess heading for LIN?

H.A.
Yes it was LIN - chosen for the almost-inaugural service because it is the home town own Maria Mascellani, whose design was realised on the Areosmurf. F/O on this flight was her boyfriend, a pilot for SN himself.
Her brother, if I am not mistaking...

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

RTM wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 16:10 Her brother, if I am not mistaking...
Correct. Her brother is first officers at Brussels Airlines and was in the cockpit during the unveiling ceremony.

Best regards,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Can we now what flight the Aerosmurf will perform today?
Thanks

By the way I love the Gargamel and Azrael touch :D :D :D

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

lumumba wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 08:40 Can we now what flight the Aerosmurf will perform today?
Thanks

You can! https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/ ... smurf.aspx

Via: Aerosmurf article on aviation24.be

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

luchtzak wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 09:04
lumumba wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 08:40 Can we now what flight the Aerosmurf will perform today?
Thanks

You can! https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/ ... smurf.aspx

Via: Aerosmurf article on aviation24.be
Thx very much

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Well, to be fair: the website of SN is mostly not correct on where their special liveries are going. The best tip is just use Flightradar24.