Air Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
FLYAIR10
Posts: 429
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 22:05

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by FLYAIR10 » 18 Apr 2018, 10:39

Quote
by TLspotting » 18 Apr 2018, 09:58
airtrainer wrote: ↑
18 Apr 2018, 01:32
Well let's hope for some additional flights, who knows
They won't, in their standard answer they say "hope to see you soon on one of our HK flights" or something else.
It's really sad and I'm angry against AB.
Seen the enormous succes of those 2 'rehearsal' 3h-flights,the positive vibe around Air Belgium and the disappointment of many Avgeeks in not getting onboard,maybe they could still do a 3d/4th flight under the form of a (commercial) ''daycharter"' to a touristic or not so common destination in France,Italy,.. Some suggestions: Montpellier,Perpignan,Le Havre,Lourdes ;) ,Genua,... With reasonable prices it should be possible to fill the plane again and recover the costs for the flight(s) and even donate a part for charity. Win-win for all parties involved.

User avatar
Vic Diesel
Posts: 97
Joined: 06 Feb 2018, 10:10

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Vic Diesel » 18 Apr 2018, 11:51

sn26567 wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 23:50
Vic Diesel wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 12:45
I also guess that a good portion of those seats were never REALLY up for sale: you know how badly family & friends need free flights. And press guys as well who usually get their buttocks polished by airline PR-guys' tongues in exchange for some "friendly articles"... :evil:
Well no, this time there were no seats for the press. If a press guy wanted to get onboard, he had to follow the same procedure as anyone.
That at least is good news.
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, working in Brussels)

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 5365
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Passenger » 18 Apr 2018, 12:01

Vic Diesel wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 11:51
sn26567 wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 23:50
Well no, this time there were no seats for the press. If a press guy wanted to get onboard, he had to follow the same procedure as anyone.
That at least is good news.
I dond't think that's the view from the newsdesk at Belga and/or at Het Laatste Nieuws, given the free publicity they have given Air Belgium on 13th April:
https://www.hln.be/reizen/air-belgium-z ... ~a3ea282b/

SR20
Posts: 172
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 09:14

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by SR20 » 18 Apr 2018, 12:43

An A343 Air Belgium should come and make a touch and go in LGG today at +- 1600 LT.

TLspotting
Posts: 361
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 18 Apr 2018, 13:07

OO-ABA expected at CRL for 16:15L
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 361
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 18 Apr 2018, 15:28

TLspotting wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 13:07
OO-ABA expected at CRL for 16:15L
Departure from Brussels at 15:50L, Arrival at Brussels expected at... 17:00L
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1216
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by KriVa » 18 Apr 2018, 15:31

OO-ABA has a flightplan for EBLG, not EBCI, with about half an hour delay now.
T/O around 1620 local.
EDIT:
Delayed again, T/O in BRU foreseen at 1640 local now.
Thomas

SR20
Posts: 172
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 09:14

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by SR20 » 18 Apr 2018, 15:51

KriVa wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 15:31
OO-ABA has a flightplan for EBLG, not EBCI, with about half an hour delay now.
T/O around 1620 local.
EDIT:
Delayed again, T/O in BRU foreseen at 1640 local now.
A touch and go is planned in LGG before landing in CRL. ETA at LGG is 1700 local.

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1216
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by KriVa » 18 Apr 2018, 15:59

Departure in Brussels is now foreseen at 1640 local, arrival in Liege at around 1700 local indeed. So the aircraft is not routing Brussels (BRU)- Brussels (CRL), but BRU-LGG-CRL.
As such, the times noted in the second flightplan (LGG-CRL) shouldn’t be taken into account, since the activation of that plan will depend upon the first, and won’t be updated until the aircraft is in Liege and has done the circuits.
Thomas

TLspotting
Posts: 361
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 18 Apr 2018, 16:05

KriVa wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 15:59
Departure in Brussels is now foreseen at 1640 local, arrival in Liege at around 1700 local indeed. So the aircraft is not routing Brussels (BRU)- Brussels (CRL), but BRU-LGG-CRL.
As such, the times noted in the second flightplan (LGG-CRL) shouldn’t be taken into account, since the activation of that plan will depend upon the first, and won’t be updated until the aircraft is in Liege and has done the circuits.
Not really professional, even if there is no passenger on board, ridiculous AB.
Yes I hate AB since yesterday, but if they don't apologise them, it's going to be CX!

Thibault
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

Amavro
Posts: 37
Joined: 24 Jan 2017, 20:41

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Amavro » 18 Apr 2018, 16:30

TLspotting wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 16:05
KriVa wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 15:59
Departure in Brussels is now foreseen at 1640 local, arrival in Liege at around 1700 local indeed. So the aircraft is not routing Brussels (BRU)- Brussels (CRL), but BRU-LGG-CRL.
As such, the times noted in the second flightplan (LGG-CRL) shouldn’t be taken into account, since the activation of that plan will depend upon the first, and won’t be updated until the aircraft is in Liege and has done the circuits.
Not really professional, even if there is no passenger on board, ridiculous AB.
Yes I hate AB since yesterday, but if they don't apologise them, it's going to be CX!

Thibault
Quite funny to see how imature your reaction is. Because you were not lucky enough to get a ticket for saturday's flight, you start hating AB. Today, everyone wants everything, immediately. I have tried to get one ticket too, but i'm not crying because i'll not board that plane saturday. I'm happy for the lucky ones.

Don't forget that it is a new airline. They do their best. They organise 2 flights for charities and some poeple still complain. That's insane.

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10137
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 18 Apr 2018, 16:37

Starting up right now, getting off blocks. OO-ABA
.
195BC19C-3171-42DB-8BB8-9428F651F52D.jpeg

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1216
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by KriVa » 18 Apr 2018, 16:43

Taxiing to 07R.
Thomas


Acid-drop
Posts: 2437
Joined: 29 Jun 2005, 00:00
Location: Liège, BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Acid-drop » 18 Apr 2018, 16:59

what the hell is wrong with their ADS-B ?
sigh ...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 5365
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Passenger » 18 Apr 2018, 17:22

Acid-drop wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 16:59
what the hell is wrong with their ADS-B ?
sigh ...
Planefinder.net shows more details:
https://planefinder.net/data/aircraft/OO-ABA
(see Flight tracking history)


User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10137
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 18 Apr 2018, 19:24

At Liège Airport © Frédéric Damoiseaux
20180418_170542.jpg
20180418_170543.jpg

Hamdi
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Apr 2018, 20:17

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Hamdi » 18 Apr 2018, 22:14

At Brussels South Charleroi Airport this afternoon
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

wernerrav4
Posts: 69
Joined: 18 Aug 2006, 15:22

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by wernerrav4 » 18 Apr 2018, 23:55

I saw him twice today on his way to Liege right above my house,nice view.

Post Reply