Air Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Air Belgium in 2018

Post by luchtzak »

No decision yet after the BSCA Board Meeting, negotiations ongoing.

JustPlanes

Re: Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Post by JustPlanes »

Just curious... they say they will start CRL-HKG in March... March is already in 10 weeks..
If the idea is to start in March the bookings should be opening up right now!
Cathay's BRU-HKG has been open for booking for months....

Emirates who is slightly better known than Air Belgium just announced STN-DXB. Something they will easily sell with all their worldwide sales points not to mention the fact they already operate 8 flights a day from other airports in LON to DXB... and yet they won't start the route till June giving them the average time it takes too announce and start a new route (6 months)...

Air Belgium is not helping themselves by announcing startup after startup...if anyone was waiting to book them for next summer they're probably already booked on any of dozens of nonstop and one connection flights...

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I don't think this is for the belgian market anyway.
Belgian tourists will always fly cheaper with a connection in LHR or FRA (or even DXB).
The BRU flight is pretty much for business only, those who don't count too much, that direct flight is most of the time 250euro more expensive (but how fill a plane with those ?) and the CRL flight will be only for chineese tourists, that's my feeling
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

asianbaba1

Post by asianbaba1 »

Does the aircraft painting in Niky new cover photo is real painting or just a ps photo?
it looks like real for me, but i cant search any news about the painting.

here is the link : https://twitter.com/NTerzakis

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Photoshop I hope.

If not they not only managed chose to ignore the correct order of colours, but they actually also managed to paint the flag besides the registration the wrong way, it's painted red, yellow, black while it has to be reversed on the left side of the plane, this one should be on the right side of the plane.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Actually it's photoshopped, you can notice it at the red part, it just stops in the middle of the plane while the yellow and black are going further under the fuselage.

lucas

Post by lucas »

Bralo20 wrote: 24 Dec 2017, 17:20 Actually it's photoshopped, you can notice it at the red part, it just stops in the middle of the plane while the yellow and black are going further under the fuselage.
I think that it's photoshopped too, but you can't see it by the red part. On other pictures that you can see on their website, it is like that. So I think it will be like that in real life.

http://airbelgium.com/en/gallery/Air-Be ... t#images-3

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

lucas wrote: 25 Dec 2017, 11:28 I think that it's photoshopped too, but you can't see it by the red part. On other pictures that you can see on their website, it is like that. So I think it will be like that in real life.

http://airbelgium.com/en/gallery/Air-Be ... t#images-3
In the renderings it's more professionally done, the red goes to the middle of the NLG bay where it should touch the red of the other side. In the PS version the red goes in front of the NLG bay and just stops where the other side should start. Also the red in the rendering stays at a fixed distance from the yellow while the distance between the red and the yellow increases in the PS version.

;)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

I am looking forward to the opening of reservations for flights CRL HKG in march with Air Belgium...I'm a little bit curious. Or all ( AOC + aircraft + runway and airport ) will arrive in a while !

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Bird

Post by Bird »

Nice Picture ;)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It's just a repeat of that unconfirmed rumour from L'Echo.

asianbaba1

Post by asianbaba1 »

Any updated news about the base BSCA ?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

asianbaba1 wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 13:55 Any updated news about the base BSCA ?
...and about the AOC...and about the 4 aircraft ... ;)

ttubbie

Post by ttubbie »

All this speculation about AB by ignorant people who think that you just need a few hundred extra meters of runway to start a successful airline makes me laugh. AB will be a dead born or short lived baby or rather more a fantasy. VG airlines bis.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

ttubbie wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 19:56 VG airlines bis.
I guess it will be worse compared to VG Airlines, afaik it didn't take Van Gaever that long to get an AOC and at least they flew to some destinations. At this point I'm not sure that AB will take off, we can only hope they'll succeed but I have my doubts.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Another competition for them: Hainan, new routing Brussels-Shenzhen:
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/haina ... -shenzhen/

SLM

Post by SLM »

Why not trying other countries?