Air Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
b.lufthansa
Posts: 142
Joined: 15 Sep 2008, 08:25

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by b.lufthansa » 13 Aug 2018, 22:51

TLspotting wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 22:19
nordikcam wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 21:41
Aerofool wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 17:51
Apparently, Air Belgium raised its prices? A round trip is now announced on the home page as from 499 euros. Wasn't it 449 before?
Yes...
Going to contact the spokeman tomorrow.
Why ? Are you going to ask every time an airline increases a ticket price ? Pffff ....

TLspotting
Posts: 1834
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 13 Aug 2018, 23:00

b.lufthansa wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 22:51
TLspotting wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 22:19
nordikcam wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 21:41

Yes...
Going to contact the spokeman tomorrow.
Why ? Are you going to ask every time an airline increases a ticket price ? Pffff ....
That's not my goal at all.

I'm the main admin of Facebook group Air Belgium Fans (KF/ABB), and I would like to share the info about prices change on it so I need to know which are minimum prices for return. ;)
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Passenger
Posts: 6476
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Passenger » 13 Aug 2018, 23:36

Possible answers:
1. our load factors are increasing;
2. our load factors are still low, but our CFO told us we cannot afford 449 € any longer.

Answer they will give you:
1. our load factors are increasing.

Flanker3
Posts: 38
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 00:20

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Flanker3 » 14 Aug 2018, 03:28

Frankly I was never able to find any 449 EUR rates that I could fly.

How are load factors? I doubt that they're doing well.
They need to be more aggressive on pricing.

As I always said, yield management can only make a difference once you are constantly full.
Until then, you are not doing yield management, you are speculating.

SLM
Posts: 149
Joined: 21 Jan 2016, 16:31

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by SLM » 14 Aug 2018, 07:42

Still no news about new destinations? tx

SR20
Posts: 422
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 09:14

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by SR20 » 14 Aug 2018, 08:13

Zhengzhou (Heinan), Wuhan (Hubei), Taiyuan (Xhansi) starting from late september

http://m.trends.levif.be/economie/entre ... 77581.html

http://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20180814_03663023//
Last edited by SR20 on 14 Aug 2018, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

kly
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 11:18

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by kly » 14 Aug 2018, 08:23

The loading factors are pretty good compared to July when I first took AB to HKG. When i departed there were only 50 pax or less whilst when I returned there were more than 100.

According to Standaard. The loading factors have gone up from 52-60% (july) to 75-80%(august). So I thing they are getting to it not to mention they added 1 more flight to HKG.

TLspotting
Posts: 1834
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 14 Aug 2018, 08:47

SR20 wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 08:13
Zhengzhou (Heinan), Wuhan (Hubei), Taiyuan (Xhansi) starting from late september

http://m.trends.levif.be/economie/entre ... 77581.html

http://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20180814_03663023//
Zhenzghou for end September, Wuhan for October and Taiyuan for November.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Flanker3
Posts: 38
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 00:20

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Flanker3 » 14 Aug 2018, 10:22

kly wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 08:23
The loading factors are pretty good compared to July when I first took AB to HKG. When i departed there were only 50 pax or less whilst when I returned there were more than 100.

According to Standaard. The loading factors have gone up from 52-60% (july) to 75-80%(august). So I thing they are getting to it not to mention they added 1 more flight to HKG.
That's pretty good indeed.
Bravo to Air Belgium and let's hope to see connections to TYO from October as mentionned in the article.

Desert Rat
Posts: 1146
Joined: 08 May 2007, 09:38

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Desert Rat » 14 Aug 2018, 11:51

ABB should rent a small A/C to connect Lyon and bring the "Peugeot" guy's to Wuhan where the factory is located...😉

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11383
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 14 Aug 2018, 11:54

“Requesting slots on Chinese destinations is a complex process, hence we don’t have additional information like e.g. frequencies,” an Air Belgium spokesman told Aviation24.be

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... zhou-wuhan

Acid-drop
Posts: 2647
Joined: 29 Jun 2005, 00:00
Location: Liège, BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Acid-drop » 14 Aug 2018, 12:10

What about cargo on the way back ?
They cant really lose easy revenue, can they ?
Terzakis wondered aloud where the Walloon businessmen are, because eight out of ten business travellers come from Flanders
80% doesnt surprise anyone i think...
Flemish people are over represented in all positions as this article explains
http://m.trends.levif.be/economie/polit ... 84023.html
But again, nothing surprising, there are 6.5 millions flemish for only 3.6 millions waloons.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Passenger
Posts: 6476
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Passenger » 14 Aug 2018, 15:25

kly wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 08:23
The loading factors are pretty good compared to July when I first took AB to HKG. When i departed there were only 50 pax or less whilst when I returned there were more than 100.

According to Standaard. The loading factors have gone up from 52-60% (july) to 75-80%(august). So I thing they are getting to it not to mention they added 1 more flight to HKG.
When you have 257 seats, about 50 pax is 20% and about 100 pax is 40%. Together with the few previous reports, their load factor cannot be near 52%-60% / 75%-80%. Unless for a few flights with high load of Chinese tourists. But even then: with those Chinese tour groups, revenu is rather low. And it's far too soon to see their presence on Amadeus realizing in bookings.

Actually, I predicted "good load factors..." when someone asked if their basic rate (449) went up to 499:
Passenger wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 23:36
Possible answers:
1. our load factors are increasing;
2. our load factors are still low, but our CFO told us we cannot afford 449 € any longer.

Answer they will give you:
1. our load factors are increasing.

TLspotting
Posts: 1834
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 14 Aug 2018, 15:44

luchtzak wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 11:54
“Requesting slots on Chinese destinations is a complex process, hence we don’t have additional information like e.g. frequencies,” an Air Belgium spokesman told Aviation24.be

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... zhou-wuhan
I also tried to contact him, but I got no answer about these new destinations.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Desert Rat
Posts: 1146
Joined: 08 May 2007, 09:38

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Desert Rat » 14 Aug 2018, 15:59

And who are you to contact airline people about their strategy or their business...may I ask?

sean1982
Posts: 3183
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by sean1982 » 14 Aug 2018, 16:03

Passenger wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 15:25
kly wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 08:23
The loading factors are pretty good compared to July when I first took AB to HKG. When i departed there were only 50 pax or less whilst when I returned there were more than 100.

According to Standaard. The loading factors have gone up from 52-60% (july) to 75-80%(august). So I thing they are getting to it not to mention they added 1 more flight to HKG.
When you have 257 seats, about 50 pax is 20% and about 100 pax is 40%. Together with the few previous reports, their load factor cannot be near 52%-60% / 75%-80%. Unless for a few flights with high load of Chinese tourists. But even then: with those Chinese tour groups, revenu is rather low. And it's far too soon to see their presence on Amadeus realizing in bookings.

Actually, I predicted "good load factors..." when someone asked if their basic rate (449) went up to 499:
Passenger wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 23:36
Possible answers:
1. our load factors are increasing;
2. our load factors are still low, but our CFO told us we cannot afford 449 € any longer.

Answer they will give you:
1. our load factors are increasing.
Another anti post :roll:

Good Friends of mine are crew at AB. Loads are indeed up to around 70% on recent flights

TLspotting
Posts: 1834
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 14 Aug 2018, 16:22

Desert Rat wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 15:59
And who are you to contact airline people about their strategy or their business...may I ask?
I'm the main admin of Facebook group Air Belgium Fans (KF/ABB)...
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36085
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 14 Aug 2018, 17:18

Flanker3 wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 10:22
Bravo to Air Belgium and let's hope to see connections to TYO from October as mentioned in the article.
As I understand it, the route to Tokyo (and to Cebu, Philippines) will be through a connecting flight in Hong Kong. Will that connecting flight be operated by Hong Kong Airlines? It seems that Air Belgium has good relations with that airline, whose lounges it uses in HKG.

Air Belgium also badly needs feeder flights at the Belgian end, and there it seems that nothing is in the pipeline yet...
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 1834
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 14 Aug 2018, 18:36

sn26567 wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 17:18
Flanker3 wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 10:22
Bravo to Air Belgium and let's hope to see connections to TYO from October as mentioned in the article.
As I understand it, the route to Tokyo (and to Cebu, Philippines) will be through a connecting flight in Hong Kong. Will that connecting flight be operated by Hong Kong Airlines? It seems that Air Belgium has good relations with that airline, whose lounges it uses in HKG.

Air Belgium also badly needs feeder flights at the Belgian end, and there it seems that nothing is in the pipeline yet...
Indeed, I think Bart made an error in its article, HKG is a codeshare hub.

"Niky Terzakis proposera de nouvelles destinations via le hub de Hong Kong", that's what Le Soir wrote.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36085
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 14 Aug 2018, 21:05

TLspotting wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 18:36
Indeed, I think Bart made an error in its article, HKG is a codeshare hub.

"Niky Terzakis proposera de nouvelles destinations via le hub de Hong Kong", that's what Le Soir wrote.
Bart did not make an error; he said that Air Belgium would like to fly to Tokyo and Cebu, but did not specify whether it would be direct or via a hub in HKG.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Post Reply