Air Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Sai
Posts: 198
Joined: 31 Mar 2012, 22:35

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Sai » 15 Mar 2018, 14:34

Nice video.
Does this mean TUI / Tec4Jets does also the maintenance for Air Belgium?
Or only stickering and initial cabin conversion?

Sabena youngster

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Sabena youngster » 15 Mar 2018, 15:28

Sai wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 14:34
Nice video.
Does this mean TUI / Tec4Jets does also the maintenance for Air Belgium?
Or only stickering and initial cabin conversion?
Sabena does the maintenance but since a 340 doesn't fit in hangar 8 (sabena hangar) they use TUI's hangar

TLspotting
Posts: 1279
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 15 Mar 2018, 16:30

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 13:45
TLspotting wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 20:26
.....
OO-ABA is being stickered at Sabena Aerospace's Hangar (at BRU).
...
Greetings !
Thibault
Just seen the video posted by Amavro.
This is not the Sabena Aerospace hangar, Loods 31, but just across the street in the TUI / JetairPort / Tec4Jets hangar 40.

H.A.
Indeed !
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11288
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 15 Mar 2018, 21:47

Image

© Christian Vanbellinghen (Facebook)

User avatar
Vic Diesel
Posts: 194
Joined: 06 Feb 2018, 10:10

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Vic Diesel » 15 Mar 2018, 21:56

Nice picture! Is it known already when it will leave BRU?
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, working in Brussels)

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11288
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 15 Mar 2018, 22:06

Vic Diesel wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 21:56
Nice picture! Is it known already when it will leave BRU?
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-b ... rtificate/

User avatar
Vic Diesel
Posts: 194
Joined: 06 Feb 2018, 10:10

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Vic Diesel » 15 Mar 2018, 22:15

luchtzak wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 22:06
Vic Diesel wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 21:56
Nice picture! Is it known already when it will leave BRU?
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-b ... rtificate/
Well, that means Air Belgium will fly from CRL to China, beginning mid-April. So far so good (?). My question was: OO-ABA seems to be currently on the apron in BRU. Will it leave the airport at some point to fly crew training flights? If yes - is it known when that will happen?
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, working in Brussels)

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11288
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 15 Mar 2018, 22:19

Vic Diesel wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 22:15
luchtzak wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 22:06
Vic Diesel wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 21:56
Nice picture! Is it known already when it will leave BRU?
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-b ... rtificate/
Well, that means Air Belgium will fly from CRL to China, beginning mid-April. So far so good (?). My question was: OO-ABA seems to be currently on the apron in BRU. Will it leave the airport at some point to fly crew training flights? If yes - is it known when that will happen?
If there is news you will read it in the forums, most of the time less than 24 hours before the flight.

Passenger
Posts: 6235
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Passenger » 15 Mar 2018, 22:21

OO-ABB positionned from LGG to BRU today:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... b#10b851d0

DeltaWiskey
Posts: 547
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 18:33

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by DeltaWiskey » 15 Mar 2018, 22:38

I like their livery. Very recognisable. :)

SR20
Posts: 381
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 09:14

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by SR20 » 15 Mar 2018, 22:41

Passenger wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 22:21
OO-ABB positionned from LGG to BRU today:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... b#10b851d0
I suppose OO-ABA will do the opposite very soon. Parking is less expensive in LGG than in BRU 😜

brusselsairlinesfan
Posts: 836
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 14:44

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by brusselsairlinesfan » 16 Mar 2018, 07:20

luchtzak wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 21:47
Image

© Christian Vanbellinghen (Facebook)
Absolutely amazing! This is what you can call a true beauty! Congrats Air Belgium!

Acid-drop
Posts: 2605
Joined: 29 Jun 2005, 00:00
Location: Liège, BE
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Acid-drop » 16 Mar 2018, 07:36

DeltaWiskey wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 22:38
I like their livery. Very recognisable. :)
I like it too.
We can easily recognize our flag
Image
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sean1982
Posts: 3164
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by sean1982 » 16 Mar 2018, 08:27

Very striking livery in a time of dullness! Top :)

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1044
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 16 Mar 2018, 09:07

May I suggest we put to sleep this "wrong flag" issue?

As an engineer who could only sort things to be either white or black (though with indulgence coming with age I now accept up to 64 shades of grey), I must say that this livery is simply stunning.
Light-years away from the overall plain white with a spot of xxx (pick your colour, not too dark in low light conditions ;) ).

The aircraft wears the colour of Belgium, period. It is not a flag.

Red Devils do not wear the colours in the "proper" order either.


Has anyone complained about British Airways not to respect the Union Jack by exhibiting these frivolous coloured stripes on BA tails?


In times where there is a possible risk of seeing the "national airline" going unter alles, let's cheer up and support Air Belgium.

H.A.
Attachments
Red Devils.jpg

Bralo20
Posts: 1429
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Bralo20 » 16 Mar 2018, 09:23

Acid-drop wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 07:36
I like it too.
We can easily recognize our flag
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting it, I didn't dare to post it since the last time someone didn't take it to well :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MUIGLEB RIA would be a better name for the airline :mrgreen:

Bralo20
Posts: 1429
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Bralo20 » 16 Mar 2018, 09:30

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 09:07


The aircraft wears the colour of Belgium, period. It is not a flag.

Red Devils do not wear the colours in the "proper" order either.
They shouldn't have made it to look like a flag than... They obviously made this livery to resemble a Belgium flag but they didn't respect the (I admit, maybe unwritten) rules about flags so when you see the plane flying or just standing there it's like they put the flag with the wrong side to the mast. Same applies to the registration on the right side of the plane.

Look at many airlines around the world who have a flag somewhere on the fuselage and you'll notice how it should be displayed. Have a look at military uniforms where, if worn, the flag on the left upper arm is pictured in reverse.

Regarding the Red Devils. They sport the colours indeed but the design of their apparel doesn't resemble a flag which is different from the Air Belgium livery which does resemble a flag. So both don't compare to each other.

b720
Posts: 847
Joined: 04 May 2006, 00:00

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by b720 » 16 Mar 2018, 10:46

Well if u look at the aircraft flying above you, the order of the colours will be correct ;-))
Let’s cheer Air belgium! They are very courageous to launch the fights when Cathay is corn bing in a few weeks! And not to choose BRU!
Wishing them all the luck in the world, and I hope their venture proves successful!

Stij
Posts: 2194
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Stij » 16 Mar 2018, 10:51

On the flag... I'm convinced it's on purpose because of the target market: China.

Could be mentioned before, I don't know... 26 pages is a lot to reread...

In China red and yellow stand for good fortune (Look at Hainan's colour scheme), black stands for water and is considered a neutral colour. and as our Chinese friends are very supersticious, I'm convinced they inversed the order on purpose: you don't want to fly "neutral", you want to fly "Good fortune"!

Cheers,

Stij

Bralo20
Posts: 1429
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Bralo20 » 16 Mar 2018, 11:20

Stij wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 10:51
On the flag... I'm convinced it's on purpose because of the target market: China.

Could be mentioned before, I don't know... 26 pages is a lot to reread...

In China red and yellow stand for good fortune (Look at Hainan's colour scheme), black stands for water and is considered a neutral colour. and as our Chinese friends are very supersticious, I'm convinced they inversed the order on purpose: you don't want to fly "neutral", you want to fly "Good fortune"!

Cheers,

Stij
I thought about that also and most likely that's indeed the reason. But don't have the audacity to call your airline Air Belgium. Call it Chinese Air or something, whatever is available, call it even Air BELCHI or something. If you have the balls to call your airline Air Belgium then the least you can do is having the colours right. ;)

But despite that I do wish them all the best and maybe I'll even fly them at one day.

Post Reply