Lufthansa in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 25 Sep 2018, 19:13

Lufthansa aims to grow further in Italy with an investment of €100 million into Air Dolomiti, including doubling the fleet to 20 E195s, along with new bases and routes.

How about Belgium?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1085
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 25 Sep 2018, 19:46

sn26567 wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 19:13
Lufthansa aims to grow further in Italy with an investment of €100 million into Air Dolomiti, including doubling the fleet to 20 E195s, along with new bases and routes.

How about Belgium?
I suppose Air Dolomiti make loads of money while Brussels Airlines is not.

Remember what Kayser Sphor said : No money, no honey.
:mrgreen:

H.A.

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1614
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by Conti764 » 25 Sep 2018, 21:26

DeltaWiskey wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 21:28
Conti764 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 19:12
sn26567 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 18:31
Lufthansa is preparing to take over planning and control of Eurowings' long-haul network, as the subsidiary’s role in the segment evolves.
So far the Center of Long Haul Excellence... :lol:
The flights are still going to be operated by Brussels Airlines, it was never the intention that Brussels Airlines would decide which destinations Eurowings is going to offer. The operational and the commercial departments are split in most airlines / companies.
So this infamous 'Center' is nothing more then SN offering a wetleas-ish service to (its parent company) EW? So no deciding power for SN at all. Not for short to medium haul, not for long haul...

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 10 Oct 2018, 00:12

Lufthansa wants to focus on customers from India travelling to international markets via Europe, as the carrier evaluates whether it can add even more capacity into that market.

Of course, it can: SN will stop flying there...
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2195
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by cathay belgium » 10 Oct 2018, 07:42

Hi,

No wheeping LH biz markets will be LH..
Leisure EW is SN, it is just as always said...
We knew it...
Only Africa will survive in thé end and NYC...

CS don't like us :)

CxB
New types flown : A223,AN24,AW139,B737MAX8,B763nonER,DH Dragonrapide,EMB110 Bandeirante, Shorts360,Autogire MTOsport2010

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 11 Oct 2018, 21:41

Adria Airways to wet-lease three A319s to Lufthansa in winter 2018/19, with serial 4282 to commence operations on 15 October 2018 from Frankfurt for flights to Billund, Stuttgart and Geneva. Adria’s remaining two A319s will be stationed in both Frankfurt and Munich until March 2019.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 14 Oct 2018, 16:16

Lufthansa is launching a route from Frankfurt to Pune in India. Since it is not a heavily travelled route, it is operated by an A319, which does not have a sufficient range. Therefore, there is an intermediate stop in Baku, Azerbaijan.

The A319 also does not have dedicated business seats; therefore, business travellers get three economy seats for themselves to stretch their legs during the 11 hr 35 min of their flight.

This is deemed the worst Lufthansa flight. Did you say "A five-star airline"?

https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa-worst-flight/
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 16 Oct 2018, 11:47

sn26567 wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 16:16
Lufthansa is launching a route from Frankfurt to Pune in India. Since it is not a heavily travelled route, it is operated by an A319, which does not have a sufficient range. Therefore, there is an intermediate stop in Baku, Azerbaijan.

The A319 also does not have dedicated business seats; therefore, business travellers get three economy seats for themselves to stretch their legs during the 11 hr 35 min of their flight.

This is deemed the worst Lufthansa flight. Did you say "A five-star airline"?

https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa-worst-flight/
Fortunately, Lufthansa realised its mistake.

Lufthansa resumes Privatair 737-700 service (with a decent business class) to Pune from Feb 2019:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -feb-2019/
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 18 Oct 2018, 19:04

Lufthansa is examining options for its LSG Sky Chefs unit, including a sale or a tie-up with a competitor.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
MD-11forever
Posts: 207
Joined: 21 Jan 2004, 00:00
Location: Molenstede
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by MD-11forever » 23 Oct 2018, 16:35

Lufthansa is looking at 787s or additional A350s:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -body-deal

I guess they will not be for SN...

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1614
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by Conti764 » 23 Oct 2018, 18:38

MD-11forever wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 16:35
Lufthansa is looking at 787s or additional A350s:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -body-deal

I guess they will not be for SN...
They're suggesting those new jets will replace old A340's but neither Airbus or Bieing is keen to take them (back) since resale value has plunged...

The Carsten Spohr solution: send those A340's to SN and after a year or so, start whining on how SN doesn't make enough money... :roll:

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11347
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 31 Oct 2018, 14:24

Lufthansa reduces planned growth for 2019: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... -for-2019/

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1085
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 31 Oct 2018, 16:06

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
17 Mar 2018, 15:54
DannyVDB wrote:
17 Mar 2018, 14:18
Some interesting reading, but also some emerging questions:

https://investor-relations.lufthansagro ... /2017.html
....
3) On page 18 of the presentation BRU is said to have 52 planes in summer 2018, the same as in summer 2017.
....
Interesting reading indeed, thank you.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Pages from LH-APC-2018-charts-Spohr-Svensson.jpg

A second tail appears next to the EW one.
I suppose that mistake will be corrected for next year presentation.


H.A.

A second tail appears next to the EW one.
I suppose that mistake will be corrected for next year presentation.


Seems it didn't take that long.

moderne-flotte_09.jpg
A picture is indeed worth a thousand words.

I don't know if just wiping that B-tail from the row wouldn't have been more direct than this "farewell" take-off.

H.A.

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4418
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by RoMax » 31 Oct 2018, 19:12

That picture is already years old and regularly seen on LHG websites, press releases and presentations since several years. It even doesn't have the current LH and EW tail :roll: It's in fact the old version of the picture(s) commonly used today with LH, LX, OS on the left and SN, EW on the right to make the distinction between the 2 segments.

Poiu
Posts: 648
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by Poiu » 31 Oct 2018, 19:21

RoMax wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 19:12
That picture is already years old and regularly seen on LHG websites, press releases and presentations since several years. It even doesn't have the current LH and EW tail :roll:
I think you missed the fact it was a tongue in cheek comment

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4418
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by RoMax » 31 Oct 2018, 19:42

Poiu wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 19:21
I think you missed the fact it was a tongue in cheek comment
It's most probably just me, but I don't see the tongue in cheek aspect of his post referring back to a 'joke' he made himself in March by showing a picture today which is several years old.

User avatar
euroflyer
Posts: 688
Joined: 02 Nov 2006, 13:07
Location: Frankfurt and Brussels

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by euroflyer » 01 Nov 2018, 13:48

sn26567 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 11:47
sn26567 wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 16:16
Lufthansa is launching a route from Frankfurt to Pune in India. Since it is not a heavily travelled route, it is operated by an A319, which does not have a sufficient range. Therefore, there is an intermediate stop in Baku, Azerbaijan.

The A319 also does not have dedicated business seats; therefore, business travellers get three economy seats for themselves to stretch their legs during the 11 hr 35 min of their flight.

This is deemed the worst Lufthansa flight. Did you say "A five-star airline"?

https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa-worst-flight/
Fortunately, Lufthansa realised its mistake.

Lufthansa resumes Privatair 737-700 service (with a decent business class) to Pune from Feb 2019:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -feb-2019/
This was not a mistake ... PrivatAir service was not available for whatever reason. LH wanted to cancel the flights but was convinced by a number of very large German companies with large operations in the Pune area to keep the direct service, even if with a normal A319 just to make it possible for the employees of these companies to fly there without having to change planes.
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 14 Nov 2018, 22:28

Lufthansa reportedly wants to limit the number of take-off and landing rights in Dusseldorf and Berlin and to reduce the number of slots in Frankfurt and Munich, in order to avoid delays. The Federal Government to consider the idea.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 26 Nov 2018, 18:23

Lufthansa to start A319 service from Munich and Frankfurt to Tivat (Montenegro) on 13 and 14 April 2019, respectively.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Vic Diesel
Posts: 194
Joined: 06 Feb 2018, 10:10

Re: Lufthansa in 2018

Post by Vic Diesel » 29 Nov 2018, 12:14

As reported by Swiss aviation portal AeroTelegraph, Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr is looking into the Boeing 787 as possible part of the Lufthansa fleet, to operate either from smaller hubs as the A350 or from the same hub but on less frequented routes.
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, working in Brussels)

Post Reply