Ryanair in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Ryanair in 2018

Post by Passenger »

sdbelgium wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 10:07 After announcing two new Summer bases in France, Ryanair has today announced it is to close both the EIN and BRE bases in 5 weeks from now and reduce NRN base from 5 to 3 aircraft.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryan ... t-strikes/
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ryan ... ederrhein/

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

737MAX wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 10:36 Looks like they're really working hard on getting the social climate "back" to a good level :roll:
Yet some people incist it's "too early" to strike against these gestapo tactics :roll:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 14:35
737MAX wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 10:36 Looks like they're really working hard on getting the social climate "back" to a good level
Yet some people incist it's "too early" to strike against these gestapo tactics
It's not because A practises gestapo tactics towards B, that B is allowed to practise gestapo tactics towards C.

(C = the innocent passengers who do nothing more then to sit at home and to buy at ticket).

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Passenger:
Don’t start.
Thomas

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

All is well said by Ansett ! :-)

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Guys and girls,

A word of warning beforehand:
I don’t feel like stifling a good discussion, so if you want to discuss this subject, keep it civil.
As long as no mud is flung, you can basically say whatever you want, as long as it’s within reason.
We don’t tend to delete posts “just because“.
As long as your arguments make sense, and you don’t attack others or suggest less than legal solutions, be free to discuss anything and everything.
If it doesn’t fit within this topic, feel free to make another one.
If you don’t feel like following those very simple rules, well... you’ll see.
Thomas

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ansett wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 15:19 Please, do'nt use words like "Gestapo". They are too historically and politically charged and no airline CEO in the Western world, is using gestapo methods.

Imho, the best word one can use is "rogue CEO" or "rogue airline". Please, be careful when you use certains words.
I wasn't there in the forties, but I have 11 years in that company, this is just the tip of the icebrg of the things I saw. I agree with the rest of your post. The outworldishness of some baffles me

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Stop saying that Ryanair is cheap please. Only their basic fares are cheap - excluding everything. And only on condition thay you book very early. Example: the parents from this 17-year old girl payed more then 400 € for her Ryanair ticket from Brussels to Catania (flight that became a Brussels-Rome and annex a coach transport to Sicily).
https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180802_03644927

On top, the basic fare is just "as from". Each Ryanair passenger generates a lot of ancilarry revenu.

Regarding the working conditions at Ryanair: I have never stated that they are fine - at the contrary. I remember when I reported about a KRO Brandpunt tv broadcast about these working conditions, and in particular to the pressure that Ryanair puts on their pilots, that someone particular here attacked me very visciously.

Regarding the reasons that the trade unions mention for their strike - and that most people here, sadly, seem to accept: not that long ago, the EU Court of Justice has explained how to get a local labour contract: simply by going to the local labour court. The EU Court has ruled that a local judge may rule that local labour contracts apply for crew based at that country. Seems a lot easier then organizing a strike, isn't it?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 15:56 Regarding the working conditions at Ryanair: I have never stated that they are fine - at the contrary. I remember when I reported about a KRO Brandpunt tv broadcast about these working conditions, and in particular to the pressure that Ryanair puts on their pilots, that someone particular here attacked me very visciously.
Because that particular thing was not true and because you couldn't and still can't apparently understand the differnence between fuel uplift and fuel burn.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 16:28
Passenger wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 15:56 Regarding the working conditions at Ryanair: I have never stated that they are fine - at the contrary. I remember when I reported about a KRO Brandpunt tv broadcast about these working conditions, and in particular to the pressure that Ryanair puts on their pilots, that someone particular here attacked me very visciously.
Because that particular thing was not true and because you couldn't and still can't apparently understand the differnence between fuel uplift and fuel burn.
Part one of your statement was contradicted by Dutch court. Twice.

Part two of your statement is untrue. And typical Sean: when you don't have arguments, you play the man.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Ahhhh..

Checked my booking from EIN to CTA = cancelled !!!

Not possible to rebook online from another airport !
Curious what Will happen.
No email, sms from them... Just checked my booking...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

One of my friends flights from Eindhoven to Agadir (in December) has been cancelled too, she opted for a refund.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It's a Black Monday for them at the LSE:
-12.81% at this very moment:
http://www.lse.co.uk/SharePrice.asp?shareprice=RYA

But the sun will shine again on Tuesday.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 17:44
sean1982 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 16:28
Part one of your statement was contradicted by Dutch court. Twice.

Part two of your statement is untrue. And typical Sean: when you don't have arguments, you play the man.
And because a court says so it's true? No, it's that court's view, I was there, 11 years, I trained there 10 of them, its not true ... point.
Secondly, I dont think the judge understands the difference between fuel uplift and burn either, nor has the judge ever experienced the joy of Spanish ATC when in the flightdeck on a good day, let alone when things go wrong.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

cathay belgium wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 18:11
No email, sms from them...
Ryanair pretends every passenger has been warned...
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Another Ryanair LIE !!!!

No mail, call,sms !!

Checked my booking after I heard the news ...
Mentions CANCELLED !

Have bookings for 6 persons , no news yet !
Contacted via FB , at 1807 today, no answer...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

737MAX wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 19:38 Sean1982 has 11 years of experience at that particular airline and some more at others. «Passenger» only has experience in reading stuff on the internet. I personally know who I find interesting to read. The choice is not difficult. Reality or fiction, it’s all about preferences...
That's indeed what Sean writes about me: "he knows only internet". Actually, I do not need internet. But I use internet a lot indeed, because I prefer to add a clear proof to my posts as much as possible.

Let me add something personal. Long time ago, in the previous century, I have worked at the commercial department of an airline. And before that, I did the practice for my IATA course at an African airport. So I do have more sources then just internet. I'm not going into detail about my actual activities because xxxxxxxxxxx - and maybe I will meet him during a lecture I give (unpaid, that is)... For my own safety, I cannot disclose more details.

Bottom line: I have choosen "Passenger" as nickname because I'm one of the older generation = the ones who grew up with "Klant is koning". The customer is allways right. Passengers pay our salaries, so let's respect them the upmost (my only exceptions: disruptive and/or drunken passengers).

It's a pity that so many people here show so little respect towards passengers when it goes about strikes.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

When it's not possible to book a decent reschedule online for a flight that has been cancelled, passsengers should contact the Ryanair customer service (...) by mail and demand a reschedule within x days.

When Ryanair refuses or doesn't answer, passengers should contact the National Enforcement Body that the EU has installed in all countries for complaints about EU Rule 261/2004:
https://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/neb_en
pdf list with all contact details:
https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr ... bodies.pdf

In brief: just send a mail with your complaint and all relevant booking details like mails to/from Ryanair to:
passenger.rights @ mobilit.fgov.be

Intervention by the NEB is free of charge.

Link for complains in the Netherlands:
https://www.ilent.nl/onderwerpen/passag ... luchtvaart

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Despite social actions, Ryanair welcomed 13.1m passengers (+11%) in September 2018

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ryan ... mber-2018/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 10:07 Despite social actions, Ryanair welcomed 13.1m passengers (+11%) in September 2018
To compare what is comparable: without the additional passengers of Laudamotion, Ryanair increases by 6%.
André
ex Sabena #26567