VLM (SHS Antwerp Aviation) news 2018 - 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: VLM (SHS Antwerp Aviation) news 2018

Post by sn26567 »

VLM just published the news that they are in liquidation:

SHS Antwerp Aviation (VLM) goes into liquidation
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Exit old Fokkers from ANR !

Big Q : who Will take over LCY now ? FlyBe ATR ? TUI E190, Eurowings D8q4 ????

Or another chinese with too much money ?

Hope KLM put some E175 there KLM Vlaams lol

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Yes, it must be possible to operate ANR-LCY profitably, and I am confident someone will fill the void rather quickly. Or will Stobart replace it with a Southend service? But that would be less convenient for the diamond traders, and they are the prime users.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Flew once to Southend, not a real option..
LCY has it !
If not , BA will start BRU quickly I guess :)
Or SN van fill the gap ... But they are toooo slow as always on such opportunity, see BOS,extra NYC...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

ostair

Post by ostair »

Will Eastern airways fill the gap?

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

The very last flight had 7 people on board for the MUC-ANR route but was pretty much full when it left ZRH.

Flanker3

Post by Flanker3 »

Vizion Air, why don't you guys take over what's left?
You guys know what you're doing, plus you have an active Part145, Part M, a quality department in VLM.

Take it over for peanuts, keep it lean and small, use it for you own charters and expand the charter business organically.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Something is in my mind :
VLM Airlines Slovenia still exists?
VizionAir too?
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

My vote goes to TUI for the ANR-LCY route...
Weekdays + Sat leave ANR at 0700 and LCY at 0800
Weekdays + Sun leave ANR at 1900 and LCY at 2000
Having a jet on the route with a schedule that fits business people in both directions and they would do well!

PttU

Post by PttU »

JustPlanes wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 09:20 My vote goes to TUI for the ANR-LCY route...
Weekdays + Sat leave ANR at 0700 and LCY at 0800
Weekdays + Sun leave ANR at 1900 and LCY at 2000
Having a jet on the route with a schedule that fits business people in both directions and they would do well!
On such short routes, the difference between a jet or a turboprop is too small.
I don't know the LF on the ANR-LCY, but the E190's from TUI can carry over twice as much passengers as the F50's. Yes, TUI might add some citytrippers, but it will be hard to got a decent load to make it profitable for them.

SLM

Post by SLM »

And what about the Vizion air fokker 50? Do they still have one in the Vizion colours? tx

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

There are only 2 options for a real LCY operation: BA and Flybe. They would be able to offer some connections too.

My preference would be to have BA on the route as is feels like a real business airline at LCY.

What I expect is to see Flybe operated by an Eastern Airways Saab 2000. Eastern have a Saab available as from today since their BA contract for the Isle of Man from LCY ended yesterday.

Stobart Air operating as Flybe to Southend might increase frequencies, but is rumoured to change branding as from Summer season 2019... some even suggest it to become a Ryanair partner (hard to believe for me, but future will tell. Stobart announcement about their Southend operation expected in September).

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

SHS Antwerp Aviation (VLM) goes into liquidation

Friday 31 August 2018 — SHS Aviation B.V., the majority shareholder of the N.V. SHS Antwerp Aviation (VLM), today decided at an extraordinary general assembly to dissolve the Belgian airline and to liquidate it. Earlier this month it was announced that VLM would discontinue the connections to Aberdeen, Birmingham, Cologne-Bonn, Maribor, Munich and Rostock and that VLM would henceforth focus on business charter flights and the Antwerp-London City Airport and Antwerp-Zurich routes. Also the scheduled flights from Antwerp to London City and Zurich are now cancelled. The settlement takes effect immediately. Youri Steverlynck and Birgitta Van Itterbeek (Monard Law) were appointed as liquidators. They are responsible for the contacts with potential buyers.
https://pr.flyvlm.com/shs-antwerp-aviat ... quidation#
Bullshit.

Dissolve and liquidate? To negociate with potentional buyers? They have a look at their books, and they tell them "thanks but no thanks, we'll negociate with the court liquidator after the bankruptcy".

What is there to sell? Aircraft that have been sold already (commercial value 500.000 Euro each). A few slots, half of them at a non-congested airport? A branch name that has been damaged for the second time in a few years?

By going into voluntary liquitation, they are just gaining time to avoid collateral damage to the other VLM. The two lawyers from Monard Law will now talk to the external VLM accountants, and these talks will create a bit of time between "ceased operations" and "declared bankrupt".

Maybe someone within VLM can confirm that they have recieved their pay cheque for July?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

If I understand well the slots became very expensive in London City and I'm not sure the Antwerp flight can sustain that!?!?
The Diamond bussiness only need it one week a month when De Beers has his sight and the sightholders's has to go there.
But even there they are not so much has before!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

VizionAir is still active, I got a message from them this morning.

Konus

Post by Konus »

SLM wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 10:23 And what about the Vizion air fokker 50? Do they still have one in the Vizion colours? tx
The VizionAir fokker 50 was OO-VLN which left the fleet to join Amapola Flyg on last Thursday.

The three remaining Fokker 50 aircraft are all three in the VLM cs.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

TLspotting wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 11:04 VizionAir is still active, I got a message from them this morning.
But VizionAir will stay with or without VLM but they will have to find there planes from another company.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

lumumba wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 11:43
TLspotting wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 11:04 VizionAir is still active, I got a message from them this morning.
But VizionAir will stay with or without VLM but they will have to find there planes from another company.

They still have a cooperation with Polish SprintAir, don't they have?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Slots at Heathrow are expensive too, yet airlines are able to make money. You know the operating cost hence passengers have to fly your airline.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

luchtzak wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 13:01 Slots at Heathrow are expensive too, yet airlines are able to make money. You know the operating cost hence passengers have to fly your airline.
I understand but Heathrow is a hub also Antwerp has to compete with Brussels Airport and the Eurostar.
Now I'm not saying it's not viable but I'm not sure it is.