A passenger opens emergency exit and walks out of Ryanair flight in Malaga

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Homo Aeroportus

A passenger opens emergency exit and walks out of Ryanair flight in Malaga

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

If it ain’t Boeing, I ain’t going.
It is a Boeing? Then I’m going …. Out !
Now !!

A passenger just couldn’t wait anymore, popped open the emergency exit and walked out of a Ryanair flight after arrival in Malaga.

https://www.tourinews.es/uploads/s1/12/ ... 4848-n.mp4

http://www.diariosur.es/malaga-capital/ ... 58-nt.html

FR8164 had left STN on 01JAN with a delay of 1 hour (STD 18:50, actual 19:51 according to FR24). Upon arrival in Malaga (23:12 vs 22:45) it is reported that the passengers could not disembark and were left to wait for a bus for 30 minutes, supposedly without information as to the reason of the delay.
After a while, the man quietly moved up the queue in the aisle, reached for the over wing exit door and walked his way out onto the wing.

Due to the lack of cooperation from the Captain who had not considered setting flaps to 40, the Pax hesitated jumping out in the dark when reaching the wing trailing edge. Ground crew arrived on scene and advised the passenger to quietly return inside where the cabin crew invited him to wait for the Guardia Civil.

2018, a New Year ?
Really? :lol:

H.A.

luchtzak

Re: Trivia 2018 (miscellaneous news)

Post by luchtzak »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 22:59 A passenger just couldn’t wait anymore, popped open the emergency exit and walked out of a Ryanair flight after arrival in Malaga.
OMG .... that didn't help speeding up things ;-)

Thanks for posting, gave me a funny article on our main page: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ryana ... on-malaga/

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

luchtzak wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 02:04
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 22:59 A passenger just couldn’t wait anymore, popped open the emergency exit and walked out of a Ryanair flight after arrival in Malaga.

Thanks for posting, gave me a funny article on our main page: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ryana ... on-malaga/
This could have been avoided when Ryanair had told the passengers why they had to wait.

From a British news article: "...Fernando Del Valle Villalobos, who filmed the unnamed man making his unconventional exit, said: "Yesterday on January 1 after leaving London an hour late and arriving in Malaga only to be left waiting another 30 minutes inside the plane, with no explanation as to why from Ryanair, this man decided he wasn't going to wait any longer...."

(and no: this is not "I agree with the man").

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Passenger wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 11:47

This could have been avoided when Ryanair had told the passengers why they had to wait.

From a British news article: "...Fernando Del Valle Villalobos, who filmed the unnamed man making his unconventional exit, said: "Yesterday on January 1 after leaving London an hour late and arriving in Malaga only to be left waiting another 30 minutes inside the plane, with no explanation as to why from Ryanair, this man decided he wasn't going to wait any longer...."

I am 99% sure that the crew informed the passengers, but not all passengers are listening to what is being said...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

luchtzak wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 12:22
Passenger wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 11:47

I am 99% sure that the crew informed the passengers, but not all passengers are listening to what is being said...
I cannot count on 10 Fingers how many times I need to repeat myself 5 times before I’m actually being listened to every single flight. People think because they fly once a year they know better than the crew :roll:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 22:29 I cannot count on 10 Fingers how many times I need to repeat myself 5 times before I’m actually being listened to every single flight. People think because they fly once a year they know better than the crew.
In this particular case, it's seems indeed that no information was given. The guy who filmed it, says so. And why would a passenger deboard through the emergency exit? Probably indeed because he waited already half an hour without someone telling what was going on, and he didn't want to add another half hour to it.

Apart from safety and security, aviation also involves dealing with human beings - aka as "passengers" or "the people who pay your salary". Some people indeed fly only once a year. But contrary to what you say, they don't think they know it better than the crew. They are just unaware of most things that frequent flyers know by experience.

(and I can't count on 10 fingers how many times a public address call was inaubible (onverstaanbaar)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 00:26
sean1982 wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 22:29 I cannot count on 10 Fingers how many times I need to repeat myself 5 times before I’m actually being listened to every single flight. People think because they fly once a year they know better than the crew.
In this particular case, it's seems indeed that no information was given. The guy who filmed it, says so. And why would a passenger deboard through the emergency exit? Probably indeed because he waited already half an hour without someone telling what was going on, and he didn't want to add another half hour to it.

Apart from safety and security, aviation also involves dealing with human beings - aka as "passengers" or "the people who pay your salary". Some people indeed fly only once a year. But contrary to what you say, they don't think they know it better than the crew. They are just unaware of most things that frequent flyers know by experience.

(and I can't count on 10 fingers how many times a public address call was inaubible (onverstaanbaar)
About 3 weeks ago I spend 4,5hrs on a taxiway with nothing to say as we didn’t know either what was going on and when we were going to move. The misconception the crew always knows what’s going on is completely and utterly wrong. I spend many hrs waiting without knowing the exact reason why. Also in FR we used to inform our customers straight away once we knew what was going on.

On top of that, what is wrong with waiting half an hour? Is the world coming to end after that? Whats the deal with people being so impatient nowadays? Being “unaware” doesnt mean it gives you the right to pull an emergency exit does it?

You clearlh have a bee up your bonnet against crew and Because it is FR for sure. The only one on this forum that would defend this nutcase.

sn26567

Re: A passenger opens emergency exit and walks out of Ryanair flight in Malaga

Post by sn26567 »

According to a reaction on Facebook, this is just half of the story. One should also listen to the other version.

The passenger had an asthma attack during landing an asked the crew for help. There was no reaction from the flight attendants. Probably he then had an additional panic attack. And this could explain his irrational behaviour.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 11:17 According to a reaction on Facebook, this is just half of the story. One should also listen to the other version.

The passenger had an asthma attack during landing an asked the crew for help. There was no reaction from the flight attendants. Probably he then had an additional panic attack. And this could explain his irrational behaviour.
"Asthma" was also said as reason on Dutch tv news yesterday, though not as "asthma "attack" - but as "it was an asthma patient urgently needing some fresh air".

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Passenger wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 12:58
sn26567 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 11:17 According to a reaction on Facebook, this is just half of the story. One should also listen to the other version.

"Asthma" was also said as reason on Dutch tv news yesterday, though not as "asthma "attack" - but as "it was an asthma patient urgently needing some fresh air".
An aircraft does not have fresh air?

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

luchtzak wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 13:38
An aircraft does not have fresh air?
In some case ,changed air pressure in aircraft cabins can cause breathing difficulties for some people with asthma.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Parked at a remote stand for the night rest so engines probably switched off, airconditioning off (remember it's Ryanair, so fuel consumption must be limited). And then half an hour without airco and all doors closed, full house? Sure, someone with asthma urgently needs some fresh air.

A problem that could have been avoided with one simple PA call: "we're sorry, we're waiting for the buses, we expect them any minute now".

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 15:05 A problem that could have been avoided with one simple PA call: "we're sorry, we're waiting for the buses, we expect them any minute now".
Yes, that surely would have resulted in a rush of fresh air to relieve his so-called astma attack (All of which btw, still does not warrant pulling an emergency exit)

In some way he was lucky that it was a B737 because on an A320 he would have inflated a slide as well. Hopefully a five digit fine will be given.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 15:21
Passenger wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 15:05 A problem that could have been avoided with one simple PA call: "we're sorry, we're waiting for the buses, we expect them any minute now".
Yes, that surely would have resulted in a rush of fresh air to relieve his so-called astma attack (All of which btw, still does not warrant pulling an emergency exit)
You still don't get it, do you? You are dealing with passengers, people, human beings. They have paid for their tickets, and that entitles them to some basic rights, like basic information when something goes wrong. In this case, it was telling the passengers why they had to wait that long. And if the cabin crew didn't knew, they should have asked the cockpit crew.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 15:39
sean1982 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 15:21
You still don't get it, do you? You are dealing with passengers, people, human beings. They have paid for their tickets, and that entitles them to some basic rights, like basic information when something goes wrong. In this case, it was telling the passengers why they had to wait that long. And if the cabin crew didn't knew, they should have asked the cockpit crew.
If BA trusts me to look after Sir Paul McCartney and Julia Roberts, to name a few, not to mention hundreds of people who pay thousands of pounds for their first or business class ticket, I think my people skills are up to par ;) the possible reason as to why no information was given (are we sure no info was given?), I explained that a few posts ago. I dont think Im the one who isnt getting it.

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

If this person had an asthma attack, why didn't the crew just one of the main doors to get him some fresh air and when he feels better, just ask him to go back to his seat and wait for the bus?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Yuqu12 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 16:03 If this person had an asthma attack, why didn't the crew just one of the main doors to get him some fresh air and when he feels better, just ask him to go back to his seat and wait for the bus?
FR opens the doors by default after parking even when having to wait to disembark, unless it’s an airbridge which is unusual. So if SOP was followed the doors should have been open.