Brussels Airlines in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34731
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 10 Nov 2018, 20:40

convair wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 12:31
Any "unofficial" statistics of SN's performance for October?
Hidden in the Eurowings magma :(
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boeing767copilot
Posts: 1262
Joined: 13 May 2004, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Boeing767copilot » 11 Nov 2018, 10:18

SN502 JFK - BRU this morning was operated by A340-300 in EW livery. 🤨

TLspotting
Posts: 970
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 11 Nov 2018, 12:22

OO-SCX, indeed
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1455
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Conti764 » 12 Nov 2018, 17:54

Boeing767copilot wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 10:18
SN502 JFK - BRU this morning was operated by A340-300 in EW livery. 🤨
Well, technically it's still an SN plane, so it's logical SN deploys it on one of their own flights. At least it's better than leasing another plane and this way, pax can get used a litte bit to flying EW...

convair
Posts: 1706
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by convair » 12 Nov 2018, 23:14

Same scenario tomorrow apparently.

Matt
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Matt » 14 Nov 2018, 09:28

Indeed, saw it taking off this morning at work.

Just me or is the A340 significantly louder than the new A330 with trent700 engines?

Sorry for the bad picture, took if with my phone.

Stij
Posts: 2145
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Stij » 14 Nov 2018, 09:43

Welcome to Aviation24 Matt!

I'm afraid I don't see a picture... could be because it's your first post...

Cheers,

Stij
See where I've flown at OpenFlights!

Matt
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Matt » 14 Nov 2018, 09:46

Woops! Appearently too big and didnt see the :!: :D

Here's a link to the picture :D

https://imgur.com/a/g2OR09B

C96C
Posts: 59
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by C96C » 14 Nov 2018, 18:09

OO-SFJ, an ex LH A333, which will be wetleased to Eurowings in the near future, is sheduled to operate flight SN1205 to Dakar tomorrow (15/11). It will be the first flight of OO-SFJ in SN/EW-service.

source:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfj
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... 605SN1205D

I thought it would probably be an error from FR24, but then I checked the Brussels Airport site for confirmation.

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 962
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 14 Nov 2018, 18:54

C96C wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 18:09
OO-SFJ, an ex LH A333, which will be wetleased to Eurowings in the near future, is sheduled to operate flight SN1205 to Dakar tomorrow (15/11). It will be the first flight of OO-SFJ in SN/EW-service.

source:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfj
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... 605SN1205D

I thought it would probably be an error from FR24, but then I checked the Brussels Airport site for confirmation.

Well, the picture is not 100% clear.
According to Flightstats, flight SN205 15NOV :
14NOV 10:00z : Tail number changed to OO-SFJ
14NOV 12:54z : Changed to OO-SFC
14NOV 16:02z : Changed to OO-SFM
14NOV 16:05z : Changed to OO-SFJ
14NOV 16:59z : Status changed from scheduled to cancelled.
There is no SN1205 on Flightstats for tomorrow.

Brusselsairport.be at 17:45z : BRU-DSS on 15NOV : SN1205, delayed 11:05LT scheduled to 13:30.

At the same time, FR24 shows planning for OO-SFJ as
15NOV, BRU-DSS SN205 STD 11:05 : Cancelled.
16NOV, BRU-DSS SN203 STD 11:25 ; Scheduled.

Another day in paradise for the gals and guys at SN Ops & Mx it seems.

H.A.

User avatar
skumfiduse
Posts: 214
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 18:42
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by skumfiduse » 14 Nov 2018, 19:01

C96C wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 18:09
OO-SFJ, an ex LH A333, which will be wetleased to Eurowings in the near future, is sheduled to operate flight SN1205 to Dakar tomorrow (15/11). It will be the first flight of OO-SFJ in SN/EW-service.

source:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfj
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... 605SN1205D

I thought it would probably be an error from FR24, but then I checked the Brussels Airport site for confirmation.
I wonder what's the reason of OO-SFJ and OO-SCX operating Brussels Airlines flights. Is LH/EW testing the waters? Or is LH/EW supporting SN in their fleet renewal/issues and thus avoiding a more expensive ad-hoc external lease of equipment?

C96C
Posts: 59
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by C96C » 14 Nov 2018, 20:17

skumfiduse wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 19:01
I wonder what's the reason of OO-SFJ and OO-SCX operating Brussels Airlines flights. Is LH/EW testing the waters? Or is LH/EW supporting SN in their fleet renewal/issues and thus avoiding a more expensive ad-hoc external lease of equipment?
I guess the AOG of OO-SFZ

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4396
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by RoMax » 14 Nov 2018, 20:24

skumfiduse wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 19:01
I wonder what's the reason of OO-SFJ and OO-SCX operating Brussels Airlines flights. Is LH/EW testing the waters? Or is LH/EW supporting SN in their fleet renewal/issues and thus avoiding a more expensive ad-hoc external lease of equipment?
SFY is in C check and SFZ is still AOG.
So SN simply has a shortage on a few days of the week and they fill that gap with THEIR OWN AIRCRAFT. It doesn't matter that they are in EW paint and intended for EW wet-lease ops, they are still aircraft in SN's fleet and if they are not needed in Germany now and/or if EW can operate its flights with their other aircraft, it would be nonsense to get an expensive wet-lease with more often than not an inferior cabin and service while you have aircraft with LH cabin and SN crew available in the fleet.

Btw, do you really think LH/EW would spent special time, effort, money to test the waters like that? xp A decision on branding isn't exactly going to be based on 'testing the waters' with a few occasional flights by EW branded aircraft :p

Darjeeling
Posts: 211
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 10:13

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Darjeeling » 15 Nov 2018, 11:50

In the wake of the future developments with EW, this one was published this morning on "La Libre" ...

Happy readings. ;)
Attachments
LLB.JPG

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34731
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 15 Nov 2018, 12:33

In brief:

1.LH doesn't care about SN. Spohr's pet project is Eurowings, and he wants it to succeed. But currently SN is doing well, and Eurowings not: heavy losses due to the integration of Air Berlin and rising fuel costs.

2. Spohr's credibility could be affected if Eurowings fails. But it cannot compete on costs with more efficient Ryanair and easyJet.

3. The integration of SN into EW is on the backburner and will be slow; there is resistance against a name change in Brussels.

My initial idea remains: it was a big mistake to try and integrate SN into EW. It should have been a network airline just like Swiss or Austrian.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair
Posts: 1706
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by convair » 15 Nov 2018, 13:29

I fully agree. It's also stupid (maybe even a little childish) to deny BRU the status of hub; as hinted in the La Libre article, it's kind of inviting the competition to take it up.

The popular success of Air Belgium (in spite of its many mistakes and hiccups) on this forum should make CS (start to) think. ;)

brabel
Posts: 146
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 10:51

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by brabel » 22 Nov 2018, 16:56

So for next summer season, SN isn't adding any new destinations, except for Kiev en Wroclaw that start this winter.
There are some extra frequencies on African destinations (Monrovia, Freetown (both probably because KLM is leaving these destinations), Accra, Lomé) and some European routes.

Shame there are no "new" routes anounced....

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11107
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by luchtzak » 22 Nov 2018, 17:06

brabel wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 16:56
So for next summer season, SN isn't adding any new destinations, except for Kiev en Wroclaw that start this winter.
There are some extra frequencies on African destinations (Monrovia, Freetown (both probably because KLM is leaving these destinations), Accra, Lomé) and some European routes.

Shame there are no "new" routes anounced....
Full press release= https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... tinations/

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34731
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 22 Nov 2018, 21:46

luchtzak wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 17:06
brabel wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 16:56
So for next summer season, SN isn't adding any new destinations, except for Kiev en Wroclaw that start this winter.
There are some extra frequencies on African destinations (Monrovia, Freetown (both probably because KLM is leaving these destinations), Accra, Lomé) and some European routes.

Shame there are no "new" routes anounced....
Full press release= https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... tinations/
I quote: "Brussels Airlines increases its flight frequencies to African destinations Accra, Freetown, Lomé and Monrovia to offer more flexibility and even better connecting options."

Seriously, Mr Spohr, is that a characteristic of a network airline or a low-cost carrier?
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2155
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by cathay belgium » 22 Nov 2018, 22:25

Hi,

Guess Africa will be Lufthansa operated by Brussels Airlines in SN livery .. with good connections to FRA-MUC.

All the rest will be Eurowings low cost ...

So the money spend is less and AFI will get used to Lufthansa...

Aren't they ,us belgians, getting used to Eurowings nowadays ... even to New York now !

CXB
New types planned for 2019 : A223,AN24
New types flown : AW139,B737MAX8,B763nonER

Post Reply