Brussels Airlines in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1029
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by CTBke » 25 Sep 2018, 10:25

it appears that as from 28/10 ASL isn't operating for SN anymore as SN3628/3629 but instead SN is separating their own flights again to 06:50 and 09:25(now on SN metal)

from SN3631/3632, 3633/3634 (SN metal) SN3628/3629 (ASL metal)
to SN3631/3632 (SN metal) SN3628/SN3629 (SN metal)

just temporary or did Lufthansa decided ASL is no longer needed?
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
Ozzie1969
Posts: 685
Joined: 03 Sep 2004, 00:00
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Ozzie1969 » 25 Sep 2018, 13:35

CTBke wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 10:25
it appears that as from 28/10 ASL isn't operating for SN anymore as SN3628/3629 but instead SN is separating their own flights again to 06:50 and 09:25(now on SN metal)

from SN3631/3632, 3633/3634 (SN metal) SN3628/3629 (ASL metal)
to SN3631/3632 (SN metal) SN3628/SN3629 (SN metal)

just temporary or did Lufthansa decided ASL is no longer needed?
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the origin and the destination of these flights ?

Magiktrix
Posts: 102
Joined: 15 Sep 2011, 04:10
Location: Jodoigne
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Magiktrix » 25 Sep 2018, 14:04

CDG

TLspotting
Posts: 970
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by TLspotting » 16 Oct 2018, 12:17

Eurowings and Brussels Airlines expected to merge for end-2020...

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... m=facebook
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Aerofool
Posts: 51
Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 17:46

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Aerofool » 16 Oct 2018, 12:19

"Eurowings, Brussels to merge by end-2020" (ch-aviation)
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... y-end-2020

Can't read more than this on their website, so no idea where they got their information...

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1029
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by CTBke » 16 Oct 2018, 13:08

Aerofool wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 12:19
"Eurowings, Brussels to merge by end-2020" (ch-aviation)
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... y-end-2020

Can't read more than this on their website, so no idea where they got their information...
finally a timeline so both employees and travelers know what to expect and when
Citybird
The flying dream

C96C
Posts: 59
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by C96C » 16 Oct 2018, 13:28

Can someone write a summary of the article? Not everyone has access to ch-aviation.

Thanks!

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34731
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 16 Oct 2018, 14:13

C96C wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 13:28
Can someone write a summary of the article? Not everyone has access to ch-aviation.
Subscription to ch-aviation is expensive. Aviation24 doesn't have access, hence we called Brussels Airlines, which told us there is nothing new.

Earlier this year, SN CEO Christina Foerster granted an interview to a Belgian newspaper in which she said that the organisational integration (not the merger) between Eurowings and Brussels Airlines would be completed by end-2020, beginning 2021. Journalists from more distant countries, like Switzerland, retained only the fact that the merger would be completed by end-2020.

In fact, the integration is proceeding at a normal pace, without hurry. That process takes time.

If a more detailed calendar is defined, if more recent information arises, we shall be contacted together with the mainstream press.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flanker3
Posts: 37
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 00:20

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Flanker3 » 16 Oct 2018, 20:18

I wonder if Tolipanebas will survive the thought that he will be working for a low cost airline.
So much fot SN staying a stand alone branch under LH.
Some of us have been shouting that this would happen, yet the naive SN fanboys never quite wanted to believe it.
Makes one wonder if they were SN fanboys or LH propaganda people?

The blood and sweat that the staff have spilled for this airline will now disappear into oblivion.
It was all in vain my friends (including all the endless discussions we ve had on this board.)

737MAX
Posts: 209
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by 737MAX » 16 Oct 2018, 20:24

Flanker3 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 20:18
I wonder if Tolipanebas will survive the thought that he will be working for a low cost airline.
What an arrogant statement. If you’re not directly impacted by this merger, don’t judge those who are.

Poiu
Posts: 537
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Poiu » 18 Oct 2018, 00:15

737MAX wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 20:24
Flanker3 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 20:18
I wonder if Tolipanebas will survive the thought that he will be working for a low cost airline.
What an arrogant statement. If you’re not directly impacted by this merger, don’t judge those who are.
Not arrogant at all, just giving someone a dose of their own medicine.

Passenger
Posts: 5996
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Passenger » 18 Oct 2018, 07:56

Poiu wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 00:15
Not arrogant at all, just giving someone a dose of their own medicine.
Before knowing which medicine to give, a doctor or pharmacist wants to know the symptoms. And it seems you have missed them:
sn26567 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 14:13
Earlier this year, SN CEO Christina Foerster granted an interview to a Belgian newspaper in which she said that the organisational integration (not the merger) between Eurowings and Brussels Airlines would be completed by end-2020, beginning 2021. Journalists from more distant countries, like Switzerland, retained only the fact that the merger would be completed by end-2020.
Repeat: integration. Not merger.

Stij
Posts: 2145
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Stij » 18 Oct 2018, 08:02

Passenger wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 07:56
Repeat: integration. Not merger.
What's in a name... the result will be the same...

Cheers,

Stij
See where I've flown at OpenFlights!

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34731
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by sn26567 » 18 Oct 2018, 14:28

Integration, IMHO, does not go as far as a merger.

Integration means that the IT systems will be made compatible, the products will be made similar, but some characteristics will remain different: brand name (a typical Belgian name for SN, especially for long-haul), livery, uniforms,...

A merger would mean everything would become Eurowings (or Brussels Airlines, but let's not dream).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij
Posts: 2145
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Stij » 18 Oct 2018, 15:08

sn26567 wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:28
Integration, IMHO, does not go as far as a merger.

Integration means that the IT systems will be made compatible, the products will be made similar, but some characteristics will remain different: brand name (a typical Belgian name for SN, especially for long-haul), livery, uniforms,...

A merger would mean everything would become Eurowings (or Brussels Airlines, but let's not dream).
Hi André,

I hope you're right, but I doubt it for short-haul... I think we'll be drinking Warsteiner or sekt with a pretzel between BRU and MAD in 2020... with a safety demonstration in English and German…

Maybe a compromis à la Belge… "Brussels Wings"...

Cheers,

Stij

P.S. On brand recognition... I'm just back from a trip to Uganda... They still speak about SN Brussels instead of Brussels Airlines...
See where I've flown at OpenFlights!

Boavida
Posts: 391
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 23:54

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Boavida » 18 Oct 2018, 15:23

My dream scenario: name change to Sabena for all African (and other intercontinental destinations) + several business routes within Europe. Eurowings for all the rest (mostly leisure European destinations).

I mean come on. Brussels is after Washington DC the biggest diplomatic city in the world. You can't just replace the home carrier with a lowcost airline...!

User avatar
Av24.be
Posts: 4454
Joined: 09 Nov 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by Av24.be » 31 Oct 2018, 14:25

From the Lufthansa Group press release: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... -for-2019/

Brussels Airlines' financial figures are now included into the Eurowings figures.

Eurowings

Eurowings reports an Adjusted EBIT of EUR -65 million for the first nine months of 2018. The EUR 210 million decline on the prior-year period is attributable in particular to a non-recurring expense of EUR 170 million for completing the integration of parts of the former Air Berlin, and to additional costs incurred as a result of flight delays and cancellations.

“In 2017 we seized a historic opportunity in the consolidation of Europe’s aviation sector,” comments Carsten Spohr. “And it was the right decision to do so in strategic terms, even if this has given Eurowings a very challenging 2018. We view the one-off costs of integrating these operations and of our rapid expansion as a long-term investment that will help sustainably strengthen our market position.”

convair
Posts: 1706
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by convair » 01 Nov 2018, 13:06

Av24.be wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 14:25
From the Lufthansa Group press release: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... -for-2019/

Brussels Airlines' financial figures are now included into the Eurowings figures.

Eurowings

Eurowings reports an Adjusted EBIT of EUR -65 million for the first nine months of 2018. The EUR 210 million decline on the prior-year period is attributable in particular to a non-recurring expense of EUR 170 million for completing the integration of parts of the former Air Berlin, and to additional costs incurred as a result of flight delays and cancellations.

“In 2017 we seized a historic opportunity in the consolidation of Europe’s aviation sector,” comments Carsten Spohr. “And it was the right decision to do so in strategic terms, even if this has given Eurowings a very challenging 2018. We view the one-off costs of integrating these operations and of our rapid expansion as a long-term investment that will help sustainably strengthen our market position.”
No more traffic figures, no more financial figures: it's now clear that Brussels Airlines no longer exists, except as a legal entity! And maybe soon as an empty shell?

ezis_bis
Posts: 189
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 17:11
Location: Tallinn, EU

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by ezis_bis » 04 Nov 2018, 09:32

I landed from Addis and saw an EW a330. Is this one to be painted in SN colours, or it goes to DUS too ?

pitrixplanespotting
Posts: 453
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 18:11

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by pitrixplanespotting » 04 Nov 2018, 12:09

It is OO-SFJ (here D-AIKJ). An Ex-Lufthansa A333 to be transfered to Eurowings operating on an SN-reg.

I was there yesterday, they towed him into the hangar! (nearly no heathaze :o )
DSC00331.JPG

Post Reply