Brussels Airlines in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sdbelgium

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by sdbelgium »

convair wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 20:40 2. And Ryanair doesn't offer connexions..
Not entirely correct. While they don't offer connections in most bases, you can connect from one to another Ryanair flight in place like OPO and BGY if the transit time is over two hours. Also, they (will) offer connections onto the Air Europa long haul network in MAD, i.e. arriving on an FR flight into MAD and departing onto the UX network and vice versa.

convair

Post by convair »

sdbelgium wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 10:01
convair wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 20:40 2. And Ryanair doesn't offer connexions..
Not entirely correct. While they don't offer connections in most bases, you can connect from one to another Ryanair flight in place like OPO and BGY if the transit time is over two hours. Also, they (will) offer connections onto the Air Europa long haul network in MAD, i.e. arriving on an FR flight into MAD and departing onto the UX network and vice versa.
Right, but the matter discussed here was a potential BRU-FRA link by Ryanair. :)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I don't understand why they don't fly directly to FIH!!!
First in Luanda they cut the flights from 3 to 2 so normally there will be more passengers per flight,so less seats free on the FIH-BRU leg and they have cut already the flights from 7 to 4 on FIH and this in the summer timetable!

It doesn't make it easier for the transfer pax after 8 or 9 hours flight from the USA you have to fly 10:35 minutes to Kinshasa.... instead of 7:55 not a good option if you ask me.
They did not try hard enough to find a better solution????
I'm a bit upset because for us here in Luanda it's very bad.
All benefit for Lufthansa who keeps is 3 direct flights and TAP with is 8 flights.(STAR ALLIANCE)
Hasta la victoria siempre.

travellover

Post by travellover »

Beside PEK, Brussels Airlines is now code-sharing with Hainan on PVG - BRU and BRU - PVG.
Does it mean that Russia has given SN the green light to code-share with HU to/from PVG above its territory ?

HU7921/ SN4118 inbound.
HU7922/ SN4117 outbound.
The same code-share agreements where used in 2010/2011.

Source Brussels Airport A/D.
Cheers

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

travellover wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 03:08 Beside PEK, Brussels Airlines is now code-sharing with Hainan on PVG - BRU and BRU - PVG.
Does it mean that Russia has given SN the green light to code-share with HU to/from PVG above its territory ?
I think that the opposition didn't originate from the Russians but from Lufthansa who would have preferred the passengers to fly via Frankfurt on LH metal.
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Finally return to 5 flights a week on Mumbai : no flight on saturday and tuesday.

SN501

Post by SN501 »

nordikcam wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 21:06 Finally return to 5 flights a week on Mumbai : no flight on saturday and tuesday.
It seems the flight on Saturday is only operated during the winter season. It's available again as of November 3.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

SN501 wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 22:11
nordikcam wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 21:06 Finally return to 5 flights a week on Mumbai : no flight on saturday and tuesday.
It seems the flight on Saturday is only operated during the winter season. It's available again as of November 3.
So they fly less in the summer timetable than in the winter?
I heard it was a big success and they even cut Toronto to upgrade Mumbai?!

I really think they have to fly daily because for example they don't fly daily to any destination in Africa so if they don't fly daily to Mumbai(for example) it make the connection possibility small and difficult compare to Paris etc...

At one end it has to by daily like New York etc....than it can be attractive.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

travellover

Post by travellover »

lumumba wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 22:25
SN501 wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 22:11
So they fly less in the summer timetable than in the winter?
I heard it was a big success and they even cut Toronto to upgrade Mumbai?!

I really think they have to fly daily because for example they don't fly daily to any destination in Africa so if they don't fly daily to Mumbai(for example) it make the connection possibility small and difficult compare to Paris etc...

At one end it has to by daily like New York etc....than it can be attractive.
All the travel guides advise that the best time to visit most of the country, therefore, is during the cool, dry season, between November and March. Probably it impacts the downgrading of the schedule for summer 2018, taking in account the smaller share of tourists among the passengers.

https://www.roughguides.com/destination ... hen-to-go/

On the other hand, Bernard Gustin, for instance, said in an interview last December about the addition of the Saturday flight on BOM last winter, that the more frequencies there are for BOM and l/h network generally, the better it is.
Cheers

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

And we left for a New Festival of SN l/h cancellations ... today Accra and Lomé moved to tomorrow ... tomorrow Toronto moved or not ... scary! The new CEO does not just have the work to do ( pain sur la planche ) , but the whole bakery!-+

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

The age of many of those A330's is showing more and more. To some extent it's normal, but it really seems to become more than normal. But it's not like the management doesn't know, in case you missed it 7 much newer, more reliable and more efficient A333's will join the fleet soon and already this summer as from June OO-SFC will join the fleet so that there is a 'hot spare' on many days of the week (currently there is usually 1 A330 on the ground almost every day, but that's mostly for regular maintenance).

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Why don’t they call Air Belgium?
Two A340s ready to go with a couple of hours notice. (I know why, but I will be shot down in flames if I write it down)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

RoMax wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 13:45 The age of many of those A330's is showing more and more. To some extent it's normal, but it really seems to become more than normal. But it's not like the management doesn't know, in case you missed it 7 much newer, more reliable and more efficient A333's will join the fleet soon and already this summer as from June OO-SFC will join the fleet so that there is a 'hot spare' on many days of the week (currently there is usually 1 A330 on the ground almost every day, but that's mostly for regular maintenance).
Yes ! I had perfectly noted that 7 new aircrafts were programmed ... well 7 ... one has already gone to Eurowings. ;) Let's go!
So at the time of booking I ask the registration of the aircraft to know if I may be impacted ... More simple: do not book ... book elsewhere and that's what I do and that I regret! :roll:

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Poiu wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 13:52 Why don’t they call Air Belgium?
Two A340s ready to go with a couple of hours notice. (I know why, but I will be shot down in flames if I write it down)
Who says they're ready to go in a couple of hours for SN?!
Do you really think SN is cancelling (or delaying by 24h) long haul flights just because it's too proud to wet-lease from e.g. AB?! Any idea about the costs of this vs. a 1 time wet-lease? I would really expect some realism on this forum instead of those stupid theories.
nordikcam wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 14:02 Yes ! I had perfectly noted that 7 new aircrafts were programmed ... well 7 ... one has already gone to Eurowings. ;) Let's go!
So at the time of booking I ask the registration of the aircraft to know if I may be impacted ... More simple: do not book ... book elsewhere and that's what I do and that I regret! :roll:
The A330 fleet roll-over planning is not impacted by the 10 month wet-lease to EW, several aircraft are simply coming in early vs. the moment they are needed to effectively replace current A330's. Early termination of lease contracts is in most cases not an option at all.
7+1 (SFX is of the same generation) and like with any fleet replacement program, it takes some time. Phasing in 7 new A333's between now and end 2019/early 2020 is a huge amount of work for a small airline like SN (besides all the other work of new A320's entering the fleet, the A340's for EW, etc.).

You'll never exclude AOG's completely even with the newest most reliable fleet around, and with a small fleet like the one of SN it will always cause trouble at some moment and when a last minute wet-lease aircraft is not available...well then this happens.

Besides, do you have the statistical proof that this a much more regular issue at SN than other airlines? It's always easy to judge on an airline (or other company) which you're following much more closely (e.g. because of personal interests, because of what you regularly use yourself, ...). That doesn't mean the grass is that much greener on the other side.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

RoMax wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 14:07
Besides, do you have the statistical proof that this a much more regular issue at SN than other airlines? It's always easy to judge on an airline (or other company) which you're following much more closely (e.g. because of personal interests, because of what you regularly use yourself, ...). That doesn't mean the grass is that much greener on the other side.
I obviously do not have official statistics ... but I have mine! In 2017 : 3 YYZ with SN of which 2 canceled.
1 with AC and 1 with LH who were operated on. 6 with AF / KL that were operated too. If the grass is not greener, there is grass!

But it's because I'm attached to SN that I rattle! "Qui bene amat, bene castigat" ! ( Qui aime bien, châtie bien ) ;)

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

The state of some of SN's A330 is just appalling... You should see the mid-galley of OO-SFW (just when you enter via door 2), I'm sure even AFSCA/FAVV would not dare to approve and certificate what I've seen... Last year when I took them to Canada, the contrast with AC Dreamliners was hmm hmm hmm.

Some of these planes almost 25 years of age and on the kneecaps, I think the lavatories are still Air Inter' style. A real shame. I'm not sure Kam Air would want them.

You'll tell me OK, but even Delta flies 25 yrs 767s. OK, but when they retrofit them, it's the whole cabin cell, including lavatories and galleys. And DL keeps receiving A350s and A330s to cover their future needs.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Poiu wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 13:52 Why don’t they call Air Belgium?
Because I think that calling Mont-Saint-Guibert in a "certain" language requires skill and swallowing its own "pride". After all, as they internally keep saying, "they are the kings of Africa"... (sic !).
I think that before becoming center of excellence for the EW A340, they should have fixed their operational/mx issues with their own existing fleet.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Darjeeling wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 15:23 The state of some of SN's A330 is just appalling... You should see the mid-galley of OO-SFW (just when you enter via door 2), I'm sure even AFSCA/FAVV would not dare to approve and certificate what I've seen...
Amazing how an airline with planes like that can be a 'center of excellence'. :o

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

nordikcam wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 14:26
RoMax wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 14:07
I obviously do not have official statistics ... but I have mine! In 2017 : 3 YYZ with SN of which 2 canceled.
1 with AC and 1 with LH who were operated on. 6 with AF / KL that were operated too. If the grass is not greener, there is grass!

But it's because I'm attached to SN that I rattle! "Qui bene amat, bene castigat" ! ( Qui aime bien, châtie bien ) ;)
I m a cabin crew for Brussels Airlines, in the hundred of flight (50x2) that I operated last year on long haul, only two was delayed with 24h.

I’m really sorry if 2 of your flight was cancelled, this is what we call bad luck. But still it s really unlikely to have a cancelled flight.

Oh and by the way last week Lufti cancelled a flight to JFK, we had some of the pax on board.

This is aviation...

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 16:14
I m a cabin crew for Brussels Airlines, in the hundred of flight (50x2) that I operated last year on long haul, only two was delayed with 24h.

I’m really sorry if 2 of your flight was cancelled, this is what we call bad luck. But still it s really unlikely to have a cancelled flight.

Oh and by the way last week Lufti cancelled a flight to JFK, we had some of the pax on board.

This is aviation...
Thank you for these remarks. I generally appreciate your comments like those of Romax or others. That said, and if I may, "bad luck" is a "typical" answer ( réponse type ) to a customer "lambda". I do not think that a general management can be satisfied in AG to say "Oohh...bad luck" ... there is a real problem and the passenger who perceives it is a passenger often "lost".