Brussels Airlines in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by sn26567 »

Don't forget that, whatever the decisions of the Board, SN will continue to employ thousands of Belgians. Jobs are at stake. If you want to boycott, do it with the other airlines of the LH Group.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

sn26567 wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 17:33 Don't forget that, whatever the decisions of the Board, SN will continue to employ thousands of Belgians. Jobs are at stake. If you want to boycott, do it with the other airlines of the LH Group.
If you boycott SN for carriers like VLM and AB, they will grow exponentially and hire new staff, resulting in a status quo and it might help realise politicians that privatising your flag carrier for 100% percent is a bad idea. The Bpost model is ideal for businesses like that. And SN is currently using cheap staff on cityjet contract anyway + BMI regional + cheap new german staff for EW in DUS. Avro pilots where let down by SN... and the ongoing struggle between old TCAB and SN pilots is another struggle of how they don't threat their staff equally.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

FLYAIR10 wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 17:00
I really hope that the Belgian population will BOYCOT Eurowings as much as possible: why should Belgians fly with a lousy low cost company with no identity that has killed 'our' SN ? In that case, I'll fly with Ryanair, Easyjet or Vueling!
Please also consider flying VLM and Air Belgium instead and have them grow their marketshare on the BE-NL market. e.g. when going to Zurich, you could maybe go for booking VLM from Anwerp .MUCH cheaper than with the LH-group! (200-300 EUR with VLM vs +1000 Eur for a return ticket with LH-group!)

Let's allow VLM and Air Belgium (+ TUIfly-B) to grow and have them start to build a ounterweight to the LH monopoly on some routes.
I'm working for Brussels Airlines, I have no words for what you are writing here Flyair10 and Shengenzone.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

Brussels Airport is also in danger because LH decided to make EW hub in Dusseldorf ... No more real home carrier in Brussels means the end of the airport and Brussels as an air Platform!
No information concerning Vicomte Davignon reaction?

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

Inquirer wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 13:26 It might be high time for somebody with a fresh look on the future to step in and take over, because clearly both sides have historic reasons not to be able to go for what makes most sense?
Fully agree. You can fight the inevitable but it won't get you forward.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

FLYAIR10 wrote: ↑
02 Feb 2018, 17:00
I really hope that the Belgian population will BOYCOT Eurowings as much as possible: why should Belgians fly with a lousy low cost company with no identity that has killed 'our' SN ? In that case, I'll fly with Ryanair, Easyjet or Vueling!
Please also consider flying VLM and Air Belgium instead and have them grow their marketshare on the BE-NL market. e.g. when going to Zurich, you could maybe go for booking VLM from Anwerp .MUCH cheaper than with the LH-group! (200-300 EUR with VLM vs +1000 Eur for a return ticket with LH-group!)

Let's allow VLM and Air Belgium (+ TUIfly-B) to grow and have them start to build a ounterweight to the LH monopoly on some routes.
I'm working for Brussels Airlines, I have no words for what you are writing here Flyair10 and Shengenzone.
Hé Airbuske, no bad feelings. I've Always been a fan of SN and still am. Thusfar,whenever I have a realistic option I will try to fly them. But,I think it's good there is some counterweight to the monopolistic attitude of LH. The Belgium-Zurich case is illustrative. How is it possible the LH-group is still charging more than 1000 EUR for an economy return ticket these days? So,that's why I am also a fan of VLM on that route. at least that creates 'some' competition between BE and ZRH. So, from the passenger-customer point of view, hopefully VLM is succesful enough to build up and maintain the ANR-ZRH route (and some others) 8-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ansett wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 18:25 How long before we see feeder flights between BRU and DUS ?
It reminds me the good old days when this route really existed, with Yak-40 planes operated by a German airline whose name I forgot.
André
ex Sabena #26567

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

Was GENERAL AIR!
gtz
paul

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 19:11 It reminds me the good old days when this route really existed, with Yak-40 planes operated by a German airline whose name I forgot.
ZavCity wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 19:31 Was GENERAL AIR!
gtz
paul
If my memory is good, Freddy Van Gaever (D.A.T.) used to tell this story during his famous dinner speeches: "...We had a breakdown during the Yak's scouting trip for touroperators and tourism press. AOG somewhere in the middle of France, with local engineers not allowed to touch the engine. So we would be stranded there for days. Luckily for the group, tourism pioneer Pam Vermeulen (also from Antwerp) was one of the stranded pax. So he called home, and a Pam Vermeulen touring car drove to France to rescue them..."

(unfortunately I'm not 100% sure it was Yak. But it was a Russian aircraft, for sure)

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Why am i not surprised by this???

Because the germans are really familiar with having a totalising attitude. It was in 40's,it is now, and it will be tomorrow.

I am really afraid that a good decent belgian product will be gone AGAIN.

😪😪

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Shengenzone wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 18:00 Some SN staff started a petition.
https://secure.avaaz.org/nl/petition/Br ... LnLmb%2Bnl
Picked up by (at least one) main stream media:

https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland/we ... n~acdd1b42

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

I remember Carsten Spohr saying at the time of the full takeover that if they would change the name of the company "it would be a better one with a Belgian touch".

I don't see Eurowings have any Belgian touch... Is Spohr just a liar?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567 wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 22:03 Brussels Airlines and Eurowings integration plans were set to be laid out by end 2017, but the Air Berlin insolvency intervened and more urgent matters required all the attention of the "planners".

Nevertheless, the Belgian airline is already working on integrating its IT and fleet planning systems into that of parent Lufthansa.
Getting rid of the belgian mindset is also a good step to tranform brussels airlines into a low cost branch of Lufthansa, painted in eurowings colors while the long haul get the fancy new Lufthasa colors, adding lots of african fun indeed. But I must be drunk.
This was already pretty clear many months ago. Drunk a long time i guess
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

De Morgen also picked up the petition and wrote a more elaborate article in which Bernard gustin is called "a loyal soldier".
https://www.demorgen.be/economie/werkne ... -b52b5ab4/

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

De Tijd writes: "Germans undressing Brussels airlines" & "Brutally put aside" & "the masks fell of on the 1st of januari"
https://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/luchtvaa ... 1517608765

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

From social facebook
Je suis Gustin (2).jpg
Je suis Gustin.jpg
Je suis Gustin.jpg (6.16 KiB) Viewed 3375 times
Last edited by b.lufthansa on 02 Feb 2018, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

L'echo headlines: Auf wiedersehen herr Bernard Gustin!
https://www.lecho.be/opinions/edito/Auf ... 1517611053

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

OK I'm dreaming a bit now.... but Belgium should bring SABENA back this year and slowly start putting the airline back on track... so the country can have a National airline... Go talk to Al Bakker :) he has enough money and I don't think he's particularly friends with LH.... He just put money into Meridiana to get a gig in Italy... maybe he wants to put money into an airline in Belgium... He has enough planes too and he can set up a hub in Brussels...

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

This seems like the right moment for the pilots to stop their ridiculous actions. If Brussels Airlines wants to show it's value pilots without integrity is the last thing they need. Just as Sabena's pilots with their selfishness proved Sabana had no right to exists. These pilots should be ashamed of themselves and their egoistic mentality.