Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
JVSpotter
Posts: 58
Joined: 05 Feb 2017, 11:27
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by JVSpotter » 17 Feb 2018, 17:38

sn26567 wrote:
17 Feb 2018, 17:00
American Airlines flight #AA60 (Boeing 777-200 registered N762AN) from Tokyo to Dallas is diverting to Anchorage. Reason still unknown.
Medical emergency

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 26 Feb 2018, 17:46

The French Olympic team coming back from Korea to Lyon on Air France flight AF4001 (Boeing 777-200ER registered F-GSPR) made an unscheduled stop in Prague for fuel after an airborne delay transiting Mongolian airspace. It will then continue to Lyon.

Image
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 27 Feb 2018, 15:03

Qatar Airways flight #QR730 from DFW (B777-300ER reg. A7-BRG) is on its way to Doha after earlier diversion to Dublin due to a medical emergency.

Image
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Depretair
Posts: 314
Joined: 29 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by Depretair » 02 Mar 2018, 07:41

WOW Air flight 131 (KEF/MIA) (A321 TF-GPA) made a stop in Bangor yesterday. Any idea why ?

Thanks for any reply.

User avatar
quixoticguide
Posts: 1654
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 18:41
Location: Pyongyang, DPRK
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by quixoticguide » 02 Mar 2018, 11:38

Airspace around Dublin Airport is completely empty and airport will remain closed until Saturday because of #TheBeastFromTheEast
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 02 Mar 2018, 12:12

quixoticguide wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:38
Airspace around Dublin Airport is completely empty and airport will remain closed until Saturday because of #TheBeastFromTheEast
Ryanair cancelled all its Irish flights today.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger
Posts: 6280
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by Passenger » 02 Mar 2018, 15:29

Update from Flightradar24.com:

Number of cancelled flights per airport in Europe on Friday:
Dublin - 284
Heathrow - 197
Edinburgh - 115
Amsterdam - 89
Bristol - 75
Glasgow - 71
Geneva - 61

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 02 Mar 2018, 18:33

Air France flight #AF90 to Miami (A380 reg. HPJH) returned to Paris CDG due to a medical emergency

Image
André
ex Sabena #26567

SinJoy
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 14:59

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by SinJoy » 03 Mar 2018, 15:08

What happened to the flight A53524 from Strasbourg to Marseille?

761FE4F1-601D-4BE2-8D7F-5CE9BE5E8946.jpeg

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 03 Mar 2018, 16:49

SinJoy wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 15:08
What happened to the flight A53524 from Strasbourg to Marseille?
Hi SinJoy. Welcome to Aviation24.be.

But I don't know the answer. Maybe soon in this thread?
André
ex Sabena #26567

SinJoy
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 14:59

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by SinJoy » 03 Mar 2018, 17:03

Thank You. Found this Forum a while ago and bookmarked it since it was interesting and I found answers about diverted flights from here.

SinJoy
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 14:59

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by SinJoy » 03 Mar 2018, 18:49

Answering to myself.
It seems that it landed in Marseille anyway, altough it says status is unknown since sama plane flew from Marseille to Strasbourg later this afternoon. I think something was wrong with the plane since afternoon flight was over 2 hours late.
4E8786D6-A699-45D8-A50C-3532EEDC4909.jpeg
B481810D-0D63-4218-8438-26F411CD80FC.jpeg

SinJoy
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 14:59

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by SinJoy » 03 Mar 2018, 19:24

Found out that the plane had a technical stop at Lyon
9D3C7DF7-509C-458E-87BF-C00DF004576D.jpeg

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 03 Mar 2018, 20:54

Did the plane squawk 7700? Technical problems?
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 04 Mar 2018, 15:17

United flight #UA82 from Newark to Delhi (B777-200ER reg. N78008) is diverting to a rather distant Heathrow after a sharp turn over the North Sea. The reason why Heathrow was selected as diversion airport can be crew or maintenance availability, and better possibilities to handle passengers. Reason for the diversion is still unknown.

Image
André
ex Sabena #26567

globetrotter
Posts: 1027
Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by globetrotter » 05 Mar 2018, 04:06

PIA 777-200 diverted to Warsaw on 3rd March because of medical issue onboard, the flight was operating Islamabad-London.

User avatar
quixoticguide
Posts: 1654
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 18:41
Location: Pyongyang, DPRK
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by quixoticguide » 05 Mar 2018, 17:52

sn26567 wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 15:17
United flight #UA82 from Newark to Delhi (B777-200ER reg. N78008) is diverting to a rather distant Heathrow after a sharp turn over the North Sea. The reason why Heathrow was selected as diversion airport can be crew or maintenance availability, and better possibilities to handle passengers. Reason for the diversion is still unknown.

Image
Medical Emergency
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by sn26567 » 05 Mar 2018, 18:58

quixoticguide wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 17:52
sn26567 wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 15:17
United flight #UA82 from Newark to Delhi (B777-200ER reg. N78008) is diverting to a rather distant Heathrow after a sharp turn over the North Sea. The reason why Heathrow was selected as diversion airport can be crew or maintenance availability, and better possibilities to handle passengers. Reason for the diversion is still unknown.

Image
Medical Emergency
If it was really urgent, methinks that Helsinki was closer than London (3 hrs flight) and also has good hospitals!
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
quixoticguide
Posts: 1654
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 18:41
Location: Pyongyang, DPRK
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by quixoticguide » 08 Mar 2018, 09:48

sn26567 wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 18:58
quixoticguide wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 17:52
sn26567 wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 15:17
United flight #UA82 from Newark to Delhi (B777-200ER reg. N78008) is diverting to a rather distant Heathrow after a sharp turn over the North Sea. The reason why Heathrow was selected as diversion airport can be crew or maintenance availability, and better possibilities to handle passengers. Reason for the diversion is still unknown.

Image
Medical Emergency
If it was really urgent, methinks that Helsinki was closer than London (3 hrs flight) and also has good hospitals!
Yes or Oslo of Stockholm. I guess United has no crew in Helsinki.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

AquaplexAir
Posts: 16
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 08:26

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2018

Post by AquaplexAir » 08 Mar 2018, 11:49

Was this planned ?
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Post Reply