TUI fly Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Kapitein

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2018

Post by Kapitein »

Somebody has more info about OO-SRO, OO-LOE and OO-LIS?
Apparently newcomers for TB this year

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Kapitein wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 11:29 Somebody has more info about OO-SRO, OO-LOE and OO-LIS?
Those registrations are really weird because aircrafts belong to TUI are registered : OO-Txx...
737-8 : OO-TUx
E190 : OO-TEx (so TEB the next)
MAX : OO-TMx
Maybe 788 : OO-JDM, OO-TDA or OO-TDL ?
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

@TLspotting: do not forget the Belgian CAA want to keep one and the same registration for one and the same aircraft. They have a limit, I think of 10 years, before an ex-OO plane can get a new/different OO-xxx.

And, if you'll excuse the nitpicking, the plural of "aircraft" is "aircraft" - "aircrafts" is not an existant word in English. Not an easy language, in the details!

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 11:53 @TLspotting: do not forget the Belgian CAA want to keep one and the same registration for one and the same aircraft. They have a limit, I think of 10 years, before an ex-OO plane can get a new/different OO-xxx.
OO-LOE, OO-SRO were never used, OO-LIS was a Jodel D120 which was cancelled 36 years ago in 1982.

So these registrations are free and clear to use.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Thanks, @Bralo, you show more courage for research than I could muster on this "sunny sunday afternoon" :) OO-SRO rang a strong Sobelair bell in my dusty memory but I can really find no trace...

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 12:42 Thanks, @Bralo, you show more courage for research than I could muster on this "sunny sunday afternoon" :) OO-SRO rang a strong Sobelair bell in my dusty memory but I can really find no trace...
Apparently OO-SRO was indeed used but I guess the digital records of FOD Mobiliteit aren't going that far back. After a bit more research it seems that OO-SRO was a Sud Aviation SE210 VI-N Caravelle, in service with Sabena from around 1961 until ????.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Strange registrations though, first they broke with the OO-Jxx registrations in favour of OO-Txx and now some random ones unless There's a Loe, a Lis and a Sro that will get a plane named after them? :mrgreen:

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

737MAX wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 20:42
Kapitein wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 11:29 Somebody has more info about OO-SRO, OO-LOE and OO-LIS?
OO-SRO and OO-LIS are 2 B737-800's.
OO-LOE is the 2nd B787-8 (ex Thomson).
Thx 737MAX

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The Dreamliner (787 OO-JDL) seems to be AOG at Punta Cana (Dominican Republic).

(sources: FR24.com and Planefinder.net)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Passenger wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 15:15 The Dreamliner (787 OO-JDL) seems to be AOG at Punta Cana (Dominican Republic).
Wednesdays' TB303/304 will be G-VYGM (AirTanker A332):
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-vygm
https://www.flightradar24.com/JAF303P/10592537

Sai

Post by Sai »

I noticed the pics in the flightradar app.
Rather special to see an Airbus A 330 in TUI livery.

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

News in French: passengers took seats of other passengers who paid for them and refused to move.

How come?

https://www.rtl.be/info/vous/temoignage ... 91768.aspx

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Having lived the cabin crew side of things, allow me to say this: there’s always multiple sides to a story.
We’ve heard the side from the disgruntled passengers, but without counterstory by the crew or passengers who apparently refused to move, there’s really no saying whether what they say is true, or slightly exaggerated. Keep in mind; boring stories don’t generate revenue for a newspaper either ;-)
We won’t know what happened without both/all sides of the story.
During my time as crew, I’ve had quite a few passengers in wrong seats. Some of them moved quite easily, some of them needed a more direct approach. You do the best you can.
Thomas

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

With so many details and the interview with TUI spokesperson Florence Bruyère, the story seems true.

In such a case, the captain should have threatened to disembark the passengers sitting in the wrong seats. They would probably have moved to other seats rather than to remain in Cancun!

But calling the police to remove the passengers, retrieving their baggage in the hold, delaying a plane at the risk of paying an EU261 penalty, I can understand that the captain wanted to take off as fast as possible. He preferred inconveniencing three passengers who were in their right rather than a whole planeload.
André
ex Sabena #26567

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

While the story might be true, and it probably is, it might as well be exaggerated by the passengers in the article, that's why I'd like to have the other side of the story as well.
Just as an example, they may have initially agreed to switch seats, and only afterwards noticed that the seats they switched to were less than ideal.

Once again, I'm not saying this is how it, went, I'm just advocating that just because something happened, doesn't mean it went exactly the way one party involved in the story says.
Thomas

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Shonix wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 11:47 News in French: passengers took seats of other passengers who paid for them and refused to move.
How come?
https://www.rtl.be/info/vous/temoignage ... 91768.aspx
sn26567 wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 18:45 With so many details and the interview with TUI spokesperson Florence Bruyère, the story seems true.
In such a case, the captain should have threatened to disembark the passengers sitting in the wrong seats. They would probably have moved to other seats rather than to remain in Cancun!
But calling the police to remove the passengers, retrieving their baggage in the hold, delaying a plane at the risk of paying an EU261 penalty, I can understand that the captain wanted to take off as fast as possible. He preferred inconveniencing three passengers who were in their right rather than a whole planeload.
I don't believe that RTL story. When it really happened as described, it was a standard situation for the crew: you ask their boarding passes, you show them the seat numbers and you ask them to move to the seats on their boarding passes. If they refuse, you call the purser. If they insist, the purser calls the captain. If they then refuse, the captain orders them to leave for safety reasons: "when passengers don't listen to the crew in a non-safety situation, they will surely not listen to the crew in a safety situation".

The passengers tell it all happened in ten minutes after boarding. Time enough for the captain to threaten what André (sn26567) said: "move to your seats, or I will offload you".

On top, it's clear that Florence Bruyère (TUI) was mislead by RTL, as her answer is the one that TUI gives in case of a downgrading before or at the gate. Not on the aircraft.

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 18:45 In such a case, the captain should have threatened to disembark the passengers sitting in the wrong seats. They would probably have moved to other seats rather than to remain in Cancun!
I agree with that!
KriVa wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 19:46 While the story might be true, and it probably is, it might as well be exaggerated by the passengers in the article, that's why I'd like to have the other side of the story as well.
Just as an example, they may have initially agreed to switch seats, and only afterwards noticed that the seats they switched to were less than ideal.
Once again, I'm not saying this is how it, went, I'm just advocating that just because something happened, doesn't mean it went exactly the way one party involved in the story says.
They say they always book those seats for valid reasons
Passenger wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 21:39 On top, it's clear that Florence Bruyère (TUI) was mislead by RTL, as her answer is the one that TUI gives in case of a downgrading before or at the gate. Not on the aircraft.
That interpretation of Florence Bruyère's answer is pathetic BS! (Had it happened on FR, you'd be going through the roof!)

What is clear to me is that you're both trying to downplay the incident!
As André says, the story seems true. (enough)

Why try and discredit the victims i.s.o. blaming the culprits?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

convair wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 22:30 Why try and discredit the victims i.s.o. blaming the culprits?
If you are right, then the "culprits" are the crew who totally failed in a standard situation: to remove people, unwilling to leave their non-assigned seats.

convair

Post by convair »

Passenger wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 22:53
convair wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 22:30 Why try and discredit the victims i.s.o. blaming the culprits?
If you are right, then the "culprits" are the crew who totally failed in a standard situation: to remove people, unwilling to leave their non-assigned seats.
I think so. Good you gave it a second thought.