Flying very low over Brussels?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Erna

Flying very low over Brussels?

Post by Erna »

I don't know where to ask this, but I saw something really strange today..... around 13:45 a plane with 4 engines (don't know what type is was, neither did I see which company) flew really, really low over the Zenith building in Schaarbeek (500 meters from the trainstation Bruxelles-Nord)..... it then made a really slow turn south and was then gaining really slowly height...

Anyone who can shed any light on this unusual behavior? :-)

Established02

Re: Flying very low over Brussels?

Post by Established02 »

Erna, my best guess is that you saw a B744 of Singapore Airlines Cargo heading to Sharjah.

This flight SQ7973 departed BRU at 13:33.

Erna

Post by Erna »

Thank you @Established02 !

Must have been a real heavy load! :-)

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Erna wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 15:07... flew really, really low over the Zenith building ... Anyone who can shed any light on this unusual behavior?
The plane that Established02 indicated, passed near the Zenith building at 13:51 at 3325 feet, so 1 kilometer altitude, which is not especially low. Although other planes at the same point are usually 300 to 500 meters higher and this plane was a big (and louder) one, which gives the impression of being lower, nothing really unusual happened here.
SQ7978.JPG

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

B747's climb like a pig anyway. When loaded, like a pregnant pig. :)

I remember when I worked near Brussels North station, the B747's climbing over the canal always looked low, very low, and struggling to gain altitude. That said, the C-130's were often even lower!