Another serious onboard incident in the U.S., this time on American American AA-591 - a buggy incident

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Another serious onboard incident in the U.S., this time on American American AA-591 - a buggy incident

Post by Passenger »

I'm really not defending "all passengers". But I don't like the opposite neither, with passengers blamed for not following the rules:
crew1990 wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 23:23 because a passenger didn't want to follow the rules and made a scandale of nothing.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to learn who that "passenger Eric" was. Because his report is fully contradicted by three other passengers (and by the mother). I will post those other reports on Monday.

crew1990

Re: Another serious onboard incident in the U.S., this time on American American AA-591 - a buggy incident

Post by crew1990 »

Read entirely what I wrote you'll realize that I'm not blaming the passenger, I'm blaming only if the story that SN26567 is true. In the case the story of the passenger is true then I blame the flight attendant, as simple. But if you reread my post you'll see that I don't take any position about it and I was using the conditional. I'm sorry If you didn't get my post the way I wanted it to be understand.

Beside that I know you are not defending "all passengers".

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

No worries, but let me give a hint: the source for "Eric's report" is a former steward from... American Airlines.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

crew1990 wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 19:47 Those folding stroller are not accepting neither in the cabin. At least not at Brussels Airlines, but the passenger have it back directly at the gate.
Not accepted based on? Once folded and wrapped it's not even recognisable as a stroller...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Didymus wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 07:44
crew1990 wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 19:47 Those folding stroller are not accepting neither in the cabin. At least not at Brussels Airlines, but the passenger have it back directly at the gate.
Not accepted based on? Once folded and wrapped it's not even recognisable as a stroller...
Usually on not enough stowage space available to stow it safely for take off and landing.

Passenger, calling everything that doesnt fit your propaganda "fake news" is very easy ...
Mounting a witch hunt based on a video of the aftermath of an event, where the details of the actual event are barely present and if they are, sketchy and contradictive, as well ...
Last edited by sean1982 on 24 Apr 2017, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

sean1982 wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 08:05Usually on not enough stowage space available to stow it safely for take off and landing.
That would be true for any sizeable piece of hand luggage that doesn't fit under a seat. I'm asking why SN treats it different from any other piece of hand luggage, which they don't in my experience.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Didymus wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 07:44
It's still recognizable, I see which kind of stroller you mean and I find this system very ingenious, however you know that one of the most importance thing in aviation is punctuality. For a couple of years now, passenger can buy a ticket without any luggage in the hold. Airlines are now facing a new problem, the space available in the bins which is slowing the boarding. As many passenger are now travelling with trolleys, this space is relatively quickly full and we often have to refuse cabin bag and have to put them in the hold because of lack of space. So knowing that, even if a foldable stroller doesn't take that much place, it's still take some space while it's not even used on board. We then give the priority to cabin bags.