Brussels Airlines in 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2017

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels Airlines and Tomorrowland created Amare, the fourth aircraft (OO-SNF) in the airline’s Belgian Icons series. Starting on Friday 24 February, AMARE will be spreading its wings and preparing for an amazing five-year journey spanning the skies over Europe and beyond.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... re/oo-snf/

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

And the beautiful made video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV19NaQLZK4

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Belgium's biggest airline has -once again- outdone itself on the PR front, including a typical Tomorrowland video:

Amare is the first Brussels Airlines plane to have a belly livery too, btw.

Enjoy. :ugeek:

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Disappointoing, from my point of view. Sheme itself looks great, but I don't personnaly see Tomorrowland as a major success of Belgium, rather a successfull economical branch of Brussels Airlines strategy (but not only).

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Crosswind wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:00 Disappointoing, from my point of view. Sheme itself looks great, but I don't personnaly see Tomorrowland as a major success of Belgium, rather a successfull economical branch of Brussels Airlines strategy (but not only).
I'm a fan, Amare is imho the most beautiful in the fleet, shortly followed by Magritte, Trident and Rackham. Compared to the others this one has more customisation, it has a belly livery and the interior has more special features also.

Regarding Tomorrowland: not everybody likes the festival nor the music played but you can't deny that Tomorrowland is a major succes. The only failures in the Tomorrowland brands are Tomorrowland Brazil and Tomorrowworld mostly due to an financial unstable partner (SFX) but the general perception about the Tomorrowland brand is positive and imho it's something to be proud of. Even though I'm a classical music lover, I would love to visit Tomorrowland again and if it wouldn't be due a medical condition I would have been there year after year, maybe not so much for the music but for the special atmosphere surrounding Tomorrowland, an atmosphere that's quite unique and non comparable with other festivals. Yes, today the Tomorrowland brand is a cash cow bringing in boatloads of money but is this so bad? Compared to other festivals you get a lot of bang for your buck with TML, something that you can't say about Rock Werchter for instance (even though Rock Werchter is a fantastic festival, you just can't compare it, in that way Tomorrowland is quite unique).

So, wonder what the next plane will be, when you read the dedicated Amare site you can notice that they are thinking about adding other logojets. Wonderful that SN keeps doing this and maybe it's a good sign that at least a part of the SN brand is here to stay for the next 5 years at least :-)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Crosswind wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:00 Disappointoing, from my point of view. Sheme itself looks great, but I don't personnaly see Tomorrowland as a major success of Belgium, rather a successfull economical branch of Brussels Airlines strategy (but not only).
No, its not a great Belgian succes indeed, just everybody in the whole wide world knows it :roll:

Well done SN! A true beauty :) In my opinion the most beautiful yet!

teach

Post by teach »

Don't underestimate the importance of Tomorrowland for the image of Belgium abroad among young people. In fact, I dare say that young people today are more likely to know Tomorrowland than Tintin or Magritte, and more likely to identify Belgium with it.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I like it a lot, but Magritte still my favorite, Amare is my new second favorite

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

2017-02-23_18-40-37_PW_Amare.jpg
2017-02-23_18-43-54_PW_Amare-3 (3).jpg
Amare-Welcome.jpg

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

To all : I've never said Tomorrowland was not a social success among the world. I said : the livery expresses a very specific kind of success, still immature in regard to established art, which demands the weight of years to proof itself. Tomorrowland can be annihilated in a snap of finger, if the money does not follow. Magritte, never.

But for the rest, I totally agree : commercially advantageous.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

teach wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:30
Don't underestimate the importance of Tomorrowland for the image of Belgium abroad among young people. In fact, I dare say that young people today are more likely to know Tomorrowland than Tintin or Magritte, and more likely to identify Belgium with it.
I do fully agree with you regarding our respective appreciations of the belgian "icons"...
Let's admit that this new one - Amare/Tomorrowland - is a pure gem... even if from a personal point of view, I still prefer Magritte both for the colours scheme and the symbol ;-)
So again, well done brussels airlines... you are a nice "ambassador" for Belgium!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

First flight tomorrow morning to Vienna!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Bralo20 wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:21 Even though I'm a classical music lover, I would love to visit Tomorrowland again and if it wouldn't be due a medical condition I would have been there year after year, maybe not so much for the music but for the special atmosphere surrounding Tomorrowland, an atmosphere that's quite unique and non comparable with other festivals.
Same here: classical music fan, but I made three Tomorrowland flights on SN A330s with DJ's on board, and the atmosphere was really fantastic.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:43 Tomorrowland can be annihilated in a snap of finger, if the money does not follow. Magritte, never.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TomorrowlandChannel
Tomorrowland's YouTube channel has 5.526.000 registered users/viewers.
Most viewed video: Tomorrowland 2012 Aftermovie 2012: 141.098.000 views.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Crosswind wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 00:40
Passenger wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 00:34
Crosswind wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:43 Tomorrowland can be annihilated in a snap of finger, if the money does not follow. Magritte, never.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TomorrowlandChannel
Tomorrowland's YouTube channel has 5.526.000 registered users/viewers.
Most viewed video: Tomorrowland 2012 Aftermovie 2012: 141.098.000 views.
Ok. Thanks for info. Did you proof anything ?

Neen.
That, with connecting the Brussels Airlines brand with the Tomorrowland brand, they will generate huge amounts of free publicity. Not only in their current markets, but also on a global scale.
Which only can backfire if Tomorrowland goes south in the next 5 years. In that view TinTin and Magrite are more of a safe bet. The Red Devils is somewhere in between :|
Last edited by flightlover on 24 Feb 2017, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

flightlover wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 00:56
Witch only can backfire if Tomorrowland goes south in the next 5 years. In that view TinTin and Magrite are more of a safe bet. The Red Devils is somewhere in between :|
You said it all.

Thomaaas

Post by Thomaaas »

There are not sig
Crosswind wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 00:58
flightlover wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 00:56
Witch only can backfire if Tomorrowland goes south in the next 5 years. In that view TinTin and Magrite are more of a safe bet. The Red Devils is somewhere in between :|
You said it all.
There are absolutely no signs at all that TML will go south in the next 5 years. One can not predict the future of course, but this year tickets were again soldout within the hour.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Looking at the press release on the brussels airlines website, Amare/Tomorrowland plane dedicated section, you can read the following questions/answers :

Q : Will other Brussels Airlines planes also be given a special livery?

A : We already have Rackham, Magritte, Trident, and now Amare as well, flying through the air. Who knows what may come next …

They also that the begian icons liveries are here to stay until 2022...

Can we see here a clear indication that the brand brussels airlines is going to stay or at least that the decision to keep a belgian touch / entity has been taken / approved by the LH Group?

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Crosswind wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:00 Sheme itself looks great, but I don't personnaly see Tomorrowland as a major success of Belgium
:roll:

Last year I was on holiday in Asia. In a remote village in Vietnam some people asked me where I was from. When I said Belgium, the FIRST thing they said was: "ah, Tomorrowland!"

Don't underestimate the importance of this festival for Belgium. It's enormous and priceless. Not a single government-funded promo-campaign on CNN has ever done what this festival has done for the image of our country.

So this logojet is totally justified (and looks gorgeous). Well done, SN!