Brussels Airlines in 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Brussels Airlines in 2017

Post by sn26567 »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 10:54 Still... can't we start a "brussels airlines 2017" topic?
Good idea: here we go!

Don't forget to discuss in the correct topics:
Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal
Brussels Airlines future and financial perspective
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2017

Post by sn26567 »

It has been reported elsewhere that Brussels Airlines was abandoning its Belfast route.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... e-belfast/

People in Northern Ireland are not happy about the way SN handled the issue:

Brussels Airlines 'left passengers in dark' over exit from Belfast

Disgruntled customers of Brussels Airlines say they only found out the company was cancelling their flights and pulling out of Belfast after reading about it on Twitter.

The route launched in March last year, just days after a terror attack on the Belgian capital's airport. The service operates from George Best Belfast City Airport five times a week, but will stop next month. It was the first time a Belgian airline had based itself on the island of Ireland in 15 years.

James Draper, a social worker from Belfast, was booked to fly with five friends for his stag party in Brussels in June. But he said he only discovered the flights would not be going ahead after reading about it on the internet.

"I first heard through a tweet. No one has contacted me. There has been no email. If you log on to the booking page, all it says is 'your flight has been suspended, please contact us'."

Brussels Airlines said: "There are no other airlines serving the route, so it is unfortunately not a simple rebooking process. We are in the middle of negotiating with other airlines to take over our passengers via other airports.

"In order to give our customers relevant communication and a proper solution, we were holding off our communication until we had that information. Of course we also offer a refund to our guests who do not wish to fly anymore. We will inform everyone about their options
."

Full story from Belfast Telegraph: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 16415.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

See in the departures at BRU today a flight of SN to Yerevan (SN1143, 12:55). Is this a charter flight or a kind of 'test' flight before launching the route end of March? It seems to be an A319.

I thought the flight was to be organised together with a tour operator anyway, so they might have asked to start 'earlier'? Not sure about this.

Somebody knows more about this particular flight.

Cheers,
Danny

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

DannyVDB wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 09:46 Hi all,

See in the departures at BRU today a flight of SN to Yerevan (SN1143, 12:55). Is this a charter flight or a kind of 'test' flight before launching the route end of March? It seems to be an A319.

I thought the flight was to be organised together with a tour operator anyway, so they might have asked to start 'earlier'? Not sure about this.

Cheers,
Danny
hey Danny
This winter season Yerevan is operated as a charter flight. Should become a scheduled flight from summer season

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

OO-ITR wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 11:13
DannyVDB wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 09:46 Hi all,

Cheers,
Danny
hey Danny
This winter season Yerevan is operated as a charter flight. Should become a scheduled flight from summer season
Correct. Brussels-Yerevan is now operated as a charter service. The route is now marketed by Armwings, a virtual airline/touroperator, and operated by Brussels Airlines. With the start of the summer season end of March, flights will be operated as scheduled service.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Several press releases say that 2017 will be a "digital year" for brussels airlines... Here's a nice start : SN launches its own app!
You can now download the brussels airlines app :
www.brusselsairlines.com/mobileapp

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 14:29 Several press releases say that 2017 will be a "digital year" for brussels airlines... Here's a nice start : SN launches its own app!
Another big digital initiative (which will be very visible publicly) this year will a significantly upgraded website. In line with SN's product offering, the website will enable much more opportunities for personalisation of your journey.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 14:29 Several press releases say that 2017 will be a "digital year" for brussels airlines... Here's a nice start : SN launches its own app!
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... obile-app/

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

RoMax wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 14:49
Another big digital initiative (which will be very visible publicly) this year will a significantly upgraded website. In line with SN's product offering, the website will enable much more opportunities for personalisation of your journey.
A new website?! Big project indeed... with a true strategic dimension for brussels airlines as their current website already does account for 30 - 35% of their sales!
Still, I find their current website convenient... what can we expect from the new one?
Also... as this is a big strategic project and a significant investment, is this also an indication that the brussels airlines brand is here to stay? Or will we see a new corporate identity? Let the "speculation" begin... ;-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SWISS' Geneva-Calvi seasonal service will now be operated by a Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 from 01JUL17 to 12AUG17.

Source: Airline Route
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

luchtzak wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 15:06 LH group january figures: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... n-january/
Seems they classified SN already as a point to point airline and not a network airline. Put's them indeed at the same level as Eurowings, Ryanair, Easyjet, ...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Bralo20 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 15:13
luchtzak wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 15:06 LH group january figures: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... n-january/
Seems they classified SN already as a point to point airline and not a network airline. Put's them indeed at the same level as Eurowings, Ryanair, Easyjet, ...
A load factor of 63.9% is disappointing, seeing that their rivals are up in the 90% and it's crucial to the business model

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

sean1982 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 15:18
A load factor of 63.9% is disappointing, seeing that their rivals are up in the 90% and it's crucial to the business model
Would be nice to see separate numbers divided by airline.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Bralo20 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 16:10
I guess SN will publish soon their numbers...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It is absolutely disgusting to have classified Brussels Airlines as a point-to-point airline, and not a hub airline like Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian. This completely destroys the business model of SN. Yes, Lufthansa said that SN would be integrated into EW, but it is ridiculous to do it in this way: they should at least have kept the hub and spoke model, even if the results might be integrated into those of EW. I am outraged!
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

nordikcam wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 16:28
Bralo20 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 16:10
I guess SN will publish soon their numbers...
SN never publishes its figures before the 10th of the month.

Putting SN in the point-to-point category is ludicrous as the BRU figures show every month. It's also a big PR fault imho.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

sn26567 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 16:34 It is absolutely disgusting to have classified Brussels Airlines as a point-to-point airline, and not a hub airline like Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian. This completely destroys the business model of SN. Yes, Lufthansa said that SN would be integrated into EW, but it is ridiculous to do it in this way: they should at least have kept the hub and spoke model, even if the results might be integrated into those of EW. I am outraged!
To be honest, are you really surprised by this? It was clear as day that LH (or at least the CEO) didn't want to put SN on the same level as LH, LX or OS because then it would have been harder to explain why they dismantled SN in a year or so. They obviously want it to become part of EW and this proves it again that Carsten Spohr deems SN unworthy to the group and thus must get rid of asap.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 16:46 SN never publishes its figures before the 10th of the month.
The SN figures should be available though, since the whole LH Group figures are available.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 16:34 It is absolutely disgusting to have classified Brussels Airlines as a point-to-point airline, and not a hub airline like Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian. This completely destroys the business model of SN. Yes, Lufthansa said that SN would be integrated into EW, but it is ridiculous to do it in this way: they should at least have kept the hub and spoke model, even if the results might be integrated into those of EW. I am outraged!
I had not updated the page before adding my comment above, so I had not seen your comment. I agree with you, of course, but more than "disgusting", it is, as I said, a factual mistake as well as professional fault by their PR imho.
Bralo20 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 16:59 To be honest, are you really surprised by this? It was clear as day that LH (or at least the CEO) didn't want to put SN on the same level as LH, LX or OS because then it would have been harder to explain why they dismantled SN in a year or so. They obviously want it to become part of EW and this proves it again that Carsten Spohr deems SN unworthy to the group and thus must get rid of asap.
I'm not at all surprised by LH intentions. I'm (still ;) ) surprised however at their stupidity to put SN in the point-to-point category merely because it is a subsidiary of Eurowings!

When organisation chart takes precedence over facts and logics... :(