VLM Airlines news 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

quixoticguide

Re: VLM Airlines news 2017

Post by quixoticguide »

Air Belgium has a little bit more realistic project then VLM
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Indeed, but in the case that VLM would take off before Air Belgium, it would be quite ridiculous to fly from the same airport to same destinations as another airline.

AAI

Post by AAI »

On the short-term,
a MBX ANR connection, to bring chinese pax to Belgium, would be the most realistic connection

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Antwerp to Rotterdam????

I hope they have a very good excuse to do this.

Looks like a big joke to me. :s

And the slide is saying:after extension of rwy!!! :o

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Tought there was a moratorium of the EU on this short distances, only operations which are already flying could be still flown, wasn't it ?
Hence only BRU-CDG and AMS ... and no LUX anymore ?

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

ostair

Post by ostair »

The people at Daikin Europe HQ are exited a OST-NRT route...

OST-BCN? TUI will be happy.

As to my question, the french airport is BRU?!?
Looks like the whole plan was made in China, many mistakes and bad quality.

MHG

Post by MHG »

crew1990 wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 15:31 Oostende-Amsterdam and Antwerp-Rotterdam? What a joke!
OST-AMS-OST might make some sense as an in-house feeder for their long haul flights.
And ANR-RTM point-to-point would really be a joke unless they target RTM customers to go via ANR.
My estimate is that RTM-ANR will not be viable even as a feeder.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Well, we can now ask ourselves what the curator was smoking when he decided that SHS was the best candidate.
Probably the same stuff that SHS is smoking.
I think that the curator has responsibility on taking such a bad decision. We've all seen this coming on luchtzak.be. VLM should have been flying around passengers by now.

Soon it will be 1 year since the demise of VLM.

Berlusconi is still waiting on his money for the sale of Milan to Chinese "investors".
I hope that Axel Witzel will see the shadow of the money that he was promised by the Chinese.
Last edited by Flanker2 on 06 Mar 2017, 20:41, edited 2 times in total.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

And ANR-RTM point-to-point would really be a joke unless they target RTM customers to go via ANR.
Of course it does not make sense to consider RTM-ANR as a stand alone connection.
IMO , It all has to be seen in a wider schedule in which ANR would act as some sort of transfer point for a scissors operation involving several regional destinations.
Routings could be scheduled in such a way that they all arrive at about the same time in ANR.
Transfer could be rather quick in view of the relative number of passengers/lugage to be transferred and the short distances to be walked at ANR terminal.
e.g. routings could be HAM-ANR-BIQ ,RTM-ANR-JER,MAN-ANR-MBX and on alternate days HAM-ANR-JER, RTM-ANR-MBX,MAN-ANR-BIQ,etc... Whatever P2P traffic can be generated on RTM-ANR is a plus then. Check in desk needs to be open at RTM for the end-destination anyway.
Just my 2 cents...

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Two corrections: ANR-RTM-HAM and ANR-MUC and not MBX.

The plan from ANR kind of makes sense to me: HAM, BER, PRG, MUC, ZRH, MIL, LCY and MAN scheduled. JER and BIQ during weekends? Plus 2 F50s for Vizionair...

What worries me is everything else...

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

koninckske wrote: The plan from ANR kind of makes sense to me: HAM, BER, PRG, MUC, ZRH, MIL, LCY and MAN scheduled.
Most of these have been tried before by VLM or Jetairfly, without much success. The only moneymaker is LCY and will stay with Cityjet (operated by.... the future will tell).

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Cityjet operated by... DAT... why would they change for another adventure and older less comfortable planes with less seats ?

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

With Cityjet downsizing at LCY I think it is just a matter of time before they stop the flights to ANR. Theye want to become a wet lease provider, not the other way around.

Jetairfly 3 times weekly or a new VLM at 2 (?) daily to BER or MIL is not the same. And at that time a price war was going on between FR and EZY, now EZY is gone and FR at BRU downsizing...

Time will tell... I am waiting for news from VLM themselves and not the rumours.

bsabaric

Post by bsabaric »

Very insightful article at https://tangosix.rs/2017/07/03/je-li-pr ... -presedan/ In Croatian though... but Google will translate :)
Branko Sabaric
www.aviogeek.com

N77014

Post by N77014 »

Very impressive plans indeed ! I hope they also launch a ANR-BRU route (with a short stop in Mechelen), and they should not forget to tap into the vast market around Beauvechain (there is one Japanese family of 4 living over there ) by launching daily Beauvechain - Narita and Haneda ( so this family has a choice ) schedule.

Sorry, but this all looks like a school work from a 12 year old... "Create your own airline, and have fun presenting it in front of the classroom"... :)

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

N77014 wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:53 Very impressive plans indeed ! I hope they also launch a ANR-BRU route (with a short stop in Mechelen), and they should not forget to tap into the vast market around Beauvechain (there is one Japanese family of 4 living over there ) by launching daily Beauvechain - Narita and Haneda ( so this family has a choice ) schedule.

Sorry, but this all looks like a school work from a 12 year old... "Create your own airline, and have fun presenting it in front of the classroom"... :)
LOL very well said... Looks like someone played a Monopoly style game by building an airline and routes that make no sense... Maybe VLM should talk to AIR BELGIUM and start feeding their long haul operation...

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

Vizionair is stating their Fokker 50 will be in the air in max 4 weeks.
Does this mean VLM has received their AOC ?
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (56.35 KiB) Viewed 5173 times

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

"Rubens/VLM" OO-VLN just airborne again from EBAW for a local (test?) flight on course to Costa VOR/ FL150.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

And flying again tomorrow viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61212
Are things starting to move @VLM??

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Test flight today.
IMG_20170326_235122.jpg