Brussels region noise regulation

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

Re: Brussels region noise regulation

Post by Boeing767copilot »

In Dutch only:

And Marc Descheemaecker, chairman Brussels Airport Company, was guest in “De Vrije Markt”, VRT tv, Saturday 25th Febr 2017:

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/polit ... =1.2901044

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 19:45 In Dutch only:

Arnaud Faust, CEO Brussels Airport, was guest in “Terzake”, VRT tv, Thursday 23th Febr 2017:
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/video ... =1.2900114
In French only:

Arnaud Feist, CEO Brussels Airport, was guest in “Jeudi en prime”, RTBF La Une, Thursday 23th Febr 2017:
http://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_jeudi-e ... id=2188902
André
ex Sabena #26567

Magiktrix

Post by Magiktrix »

Really liked Feist.
In the French version, i love the reaction of Renaat Landuyt at 01.50.
A short resume of 25 years of discussions.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Somebody asked for the Flemish proposal. It is plain unacceptable, as it de facto splits Belgocontrol:
http://www.tijd.be/politiek_economie/be ... 4-3137.art
lumumba wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 15:43 If we split Belgocontrole thus this means that we have one in Brussels one in Walonie and one in Flanders...
Actually, Flemish minister for Mobility Ben Weyts didn't call for a split of Belgocontrol. It was De Tijd who wrote that, based upon a commission meeting in the Flemish Parliament. But all Weyts said there, was that the regions could decide how they would guide their departing flights (= 70% Flanders, 30% Brussels).

This is all what Weyts said: "...Persoonlijk geloof ik nogal in de piste waarbij we zouden kunnen uitgaan van een soort responsabilisering van de gewesten, in die zin dat de gewesten dan maar zelf moeten beslissen over de spreiding van de vluchten boven hun grondgebied en dat men bij voorbaat vertrekt van een soort verdeling van de lasten. Dat kan als basisprincipe worden gehanteerd. Dat lijkt me een manier om de verdere gesprekken te kunnen voeren..."

See page 6 of the report of that comission meeting:
http://docs.vlaamsparlement.be/docs/han ... 116596.pdf

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

(Very) little news : http://www.lalibre.be/actu/belgique/nui ... a6c10b0571

14 associations (Bruxelles Air Libre Brussel; l'Union Belge Contre les Nuisances des Avions; Actie Noordrand; Alliantie Regio Leuven; AWACSS; Coeur-Europe; Comités de quartiers bruxellois; Epures; (F)airways; Hart van Huldenberg; Pas question; Piste 01 ça suffit; Solid Air Tervuren; Wake-up Kraainem) ask to be involved into the negociations, and the suppression of night flights in two steps ; 1st step to adapt night time schedule, 2nd step to remove all night flights from BRU to transfer some of them to CRL, LGG, OST and ANR.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 14:37 (Very) little news : http://www.lalibre.be/actu/belgique/nui ... a6c10b0571

14 associations (Bruxelles Air Libre Brussel; l'Union Belge Contre les Nuisances des Avions; Actie Noordrand; Alliantie Regio Leuven; AWACSS; Coeur-Europe; Comités de quartiers bruxellois; Epures; (F)airways; Hart van Huldenberg; Pas question; Piste 01 ça suffit; Solid Air Tervuren; Wake-up Kraainem) ask to be involved into the negociations, and the suppression of night flights in two steps ; 1st step to adapt night time schedule, 2nd step to remove all night flights from BRU to transfer some of them to CRL, LGG, OST and ANR.
Splendid idea to move the BRU night flights to airports with an existing night curfew (CRL, ANR).

By the way, the spokeswoman for the 14 Nimbys runs an import/export company in Vilvoorde. Wonder if Peggy is happy to send trucks to Ostend or Liège when her Chinese goods are flown in.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:09
Splendid idea to move the BRU night flights to airports with an existing night curfew (CRL, ANR).
There is still OST and LGG. Why not, after all ?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:19
Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:09 Splendid idea to move the BRU night flights to airports with an existing night curfew (CRL, ANR).
1. OST can't accept more night flights without the same protest now occuring at BRU.
2. Most night flights at BRU now are DHL cargo/courier flights. LGG is too far away for deliveries and collects, now done at Brucargo. It's end destination that matters - and that is mainly Brussels and Flanders.
3. one can move flights, but one cannot move cargo buildings. OK, one Brucargo building can be transferred into a children's playground and one into a huge Chinese wok restaurant. But all other existing buildings?
4. one cannot move employment from Brucargo to Bierset. One could dismiss people now working at BRU and hire now staff at LGG. Is that what you suggest?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:37
Crosswind wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:19
Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:09 Splendid idea to move the BRU night flights to airports with an existing night curfew (CRL, ANR).
1. OST can't accept more night flights without the same protest now occuring at BRU.
2. Most night flights at BRU now are DHL cargo/courier flights. LGG is too far away for deliveries and collects, now done at Brucargo. It's end destination that matters - and that is mainly Brussels and Flanders.
3. one can move flights, but one cannot move cargo buildings. OK, one Brucargo building can be transferred into a children's playground and one into a huge Chinese wok restaurant. But all other existing buildings?
4. one cannot move employment from Brucargo to Bierset. One could dismiss people now working at BRU and hire now staff at LGG. Is that what you suggest?
5. It's the airline who decide where they want or accept to fly, not the airports!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

That is probably the most important one André! If they force the airlines to move, they'll move probably to another country than a regional airport. Maybe the action groups pro the airport should ask the same question! It would be quite unfair to only have the persons against BRU and not the one pro BRU.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:37 1. OST can't accept more night flights without the same protest now occuring at BRU.
Brussels city accepted at the time more night flights and new routes. OST can accept changes as well, especially if economic benefits are significant.
Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:37 2. Most night flights at BRU now are DHL cargo/courier flights. LGG is too far away for deliveries and collects, now done at Brucargo. It's end destination that matters - and that is mainly Brussels and Flanders.
There is room for discussion on that matter.
Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:37 3. one can move flights, but one cannot move cargo buildings. OK, one Brucargo building can be transferred into a children's playground and one into a huge Chinese wok restaurant. But all other existing buildings?
Many possible solutions: passenger terminals, storage, hangars...
Passenger wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 15:37 4. one cannot move employment from Brucargo to Bierset. One could dismiss people now working at BRU and hire now staff at LGG. Is that what you suggest?
Would it be so impossible to move people working at BRU to LGG ? I don't think so. Please be in phase with modern flexibility and accept one can see its working place moving from one place to another one. Americans are well accustomed to this...

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Yuqu12 wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 16:07 That is probably the most important one André! If they force the airlines to move, they'll move probably to another country than a regional airport. Maybe the action groups pro the airport should ask the same question! It would be quite unfair to only have the persons against BRU and not the one pro BRU.
Every Airport in Belgium is a regional one. The country is so small.

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Crosswind wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 16:15
Yuqu12 wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 16:07 That is probably the most important one André! If they force the airlines to move, they'll move probably to another country than a regional airport. Maybe the action groups pro the airport should ask the same question! It would be quite unfair to only have the persons against BRU and not the one pro BRU.
Every Airport in Belgium is a regional one. The country is so small.
BRU is seen as the national one, with regional I mean all the other ones

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

But do cargo airlines view these airports as regionals ? That's the main question, I would say.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Crosswind wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 16:14

Would it be so impossible to move people working at BRU to LGG ? I don't think so. Please be in phase with modern flexibility and accept one can see its working place moving from one place to another one. Americans are well accustomed to this...
That's because american worker rights are from 1900: they arent forward but backwards in time

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

sean1982 wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 18:23
That's because american worker rights are from 1900: they arent forward but backwards in time
To be complete, any law is backward in time, and only the common, the accepted standard among a defined people, can decide between them.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Milan center to malpenza : 50min
Brussels center to LGG : 55min
And just like in milan, BRU will stay a business airport like linate :)

(Not very realistic but...)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Acid-drop wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 20:09 Brussels center to LGG : 55min
Brussels to LGG by car: 2 hours if your shift at LGG starts at 18h or 20h. And no possibility for public transport when you work in shifts.
BRU-Brucargo to LGG-airport by cargo-truck: ? 2,5 hours?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Ah ?
Took me less than 1h today... (and 90% of the days)
Public transport : no comment...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Acid-drop wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 20:09 Milan center to malpenza : 50min
Brussels center to LGG : 55min
And just like in milan, BRU will stay a business airport like linate :)
And nobody in Milan likes Malpensa and Linate is still open... and remains the airport of choice when you have to be in Milan City Center and they even build a subway now to Linate Airport...

Cheers,

Stij