BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply

Ansett
Posts: 400
Joined: 13 Apr 2016, 19:12

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Ansett » 15 Jan 2017, 16:31

I hope SN will have two or three direct flights to FAO in winter (daily would even be better, but I'm trying not to be difficult)

Matthias
Posts: 34
Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 16:23

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Matthias » 27 Jan 2017, 20:29

I've seen in the Delta Air Lines booking engine that the Atlanta flight is still bookable in december 2017. Possible that it will be a year round flight instead of a seasonal flight?

nordikcam
Posts: 956
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:22
Location: Uccle

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by nordikcam » 27 Jan 2017, 22:32

AA has definitly left BRU ? Winter and Summer ?

Bralo20
Posts: 1432
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Bralo20 » 27 Jan 2017, 22:50

Matthias wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 20:29
I've seen in the Delta Air Lines booking engine that the Atlanta flight is still bookable in december 2017. Possible that it will be a year round flight instead of a seasonal flight?
It used to be year round, it was temporary cancelled because of the attacks, so I guess they'll go back to their old schedule.

Bralo20
Posts: 1432
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Bralo20 » 27 Jan 2017, 22:55

nordikcam wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 22:32
AA has definitly left BRU ? Winter and Summer ?
AA left some years ago, only the former US (now AA) route with PHL remained but it seams that they gave that up also. Don't think it was a decent route, it used to be a 767 operated route but in the end it was only a 757 route.

I don't think we'll see AA back soon, the NYC area is covered by UA/SN/DL and the same applies for the ORD area with the UA flight. Maybe we'll see the 2nd planned UA flight to EWR again, which was cancelled before it started due the attacks. Time will tell.

JustPlanes
Posts: 1149
Joined: 11 Aug 2008, 21:27
Contact:

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by JustPlanes » 28 Jan 2017, 06:15

I think BRU-MIA would do very well for AA. They have a huge hub there and can connect the South, the entire Caribbean, Central & South America... not to mention the Florida traffic.

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1595
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 28 Jan 2017, 10:09

JustPlanes wrote:
28 Jan 2017, 06:15
I think BRU-MIA would do very well for AA. They have a huge hub there and can connect the South, the entire Caribbean, Central & South America... not to mention the Florida traffic.
The same applies for UA from Houston... So it would rather be a *A-flight between BRU and IAH if connecting pax are enough to warrant the flight.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35471
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 10 Feb 2017, 19:16

Icelandair likely to place the B737 MAX on routes from Reykjavik to Billund, Bergen, Geneva, Halifax, Minneapolis and Newark once aircraft begins delivering in first half of 2018, following by Helsinki, Hamburg, Brussels, Birmingham, Montreal and Philadelphia in the winter.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Traveler
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 22:48

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Traveler » 24 Feb 2017, 22:59

New route: Brussels - Sion (Switzerland) offered by a new airline!

https://www.ft.com/content/fbca8b62-f52 ... 4e55513608

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35471
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 25 Feb 2017, 00:11

Traveler wrote:
24 Feb 2017, 22:59
New route: Brussels - Sion (Switzerland) offered by a new airline!
Thanks for the information, Traveler, and welcome to Luchtzak!
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11316
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by luchtzak » 25 Feb 2017, 05:49

Traveler wrote:
24 Feb 2017, 22:59
New route: Brussels - Sion (Switzerland) offered by a new airline!

https://www.ft.com/content/fbca8b62-f52 ... 4e55513608
Welcome! Announced on luchtzak:

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/sports- ... nter-2017/

gumblebee
Posts: 44
Joined: 26 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: Brussels

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by gumblebee » 25 Feb 2017, 07:54

JustPlanes wrote:
28 Jan 2017, 06:15
I think BRU-MIA would do very well for AA. They have a huge hub there and can connect the South, the entire Caribbean, Central & South America... not to mention the Florida traffic.
The problem is that transiting through the US is a huge PITA due to the continuing lack absence of international transit (i.e. some passengers would need a visa, you need at least an ESTA authorization). None of this bureaucracy is necessary if you transit through a normal, modern hub.
AA would need to be a lot cheaper to compensate for this.

flightlover
Posts: 626
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 08:26

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by flightlover » 25 Feb 2017, 09:40

gumblebee wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 07:54
JustPlanes wrote:
28 Jan 2017, 06:15
I think BRU-MIA would do very well for AA. They have a huge hub there and can connect the South, the entire Caribbean, Central & South America... not to mention the Florida traffic.
The problem is that transiting through the US is a huge PITA due to the continuing lack absence of international transit (i.e. some passengers would need a visa, you need at least an ESTA authorization). None of this bureaucracy is necessary if you transit through a normal, modern hub.
AA would need to be a lot cheaper to compensate for this.
Will be less of an issue when the border screening gets done in Brussels as that will be a much shorter queue

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1609
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by lumumba » 25 Feb 2017, 09:56

flightlover wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 09:40
gumblebee wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 07:54
JustPlanes wrote:
28 Jan 2017, 06:15
I think BRU-MIA would do very well for AA. They have a huge hub there and can connect the South, the entire Caribbean, Central & South America... not to mention the Florida traffic.
The problem is that transiting through the US is a huge PITA due to the continuing lack absence of international transit (i.e. some passengers would need a visa, you need at least an ESTA authorization). None of this bureaucracy is necessary if you transit through a normal, modern hub.
AA would need to be a lot cheaper to compensate for this.
Will be less of an issue when the border screening gets done in Brussels as that will be a much shorter queue
But anyway you need to pick up your luggage and recheck them, still not easy...

Is it the same if you transit true Canada?
Last edited by lumumba on 25 Feb 2017, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

teach
Posts: 740
Joined: 23 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by teach » 25 Feb 2017, 10:43

flightlover wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 09:40

Will be less of an issue when the border screening gets done in Brussels as that will be a much shorter queue
Don't count on that happening as long as The Orange One is in charge in the US.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35471
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 25 Feb 2017, 10:52

teach wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 10:43
flightlover wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 09:40

Will be less of an issue when the border screening gets done in Brussels as that will be a much shorter queue
Don't count on that happening as long as The Orange One is in charge in the US.
Mind you. A trial of preclearance in Brussels is much closer than you think. ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jetter
Posts: 393
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 21:07

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Jetter » 25 Feb 2017, 10:58

sn26567 wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 10:52
Mind you. A trial of preclearance in Brussels is much closer than you think. ;)
"A trial", are you sure about that? There are more than a dozen US preclearance locations and none ever had a trial before final implementation. Also preclearance requires changes to infrastructure, is that worth it for just a trial?

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4410
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by RoMax » 25 Feb 2017, 11:13

Jetter wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 10:58
sn26567 wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 10:52
Mind you. A trial of preclearance in Brussels is much closer than you think. ;)
"A trial", are you sure about that? There are more than a dozen US preclearance locations and none ever had a trial before final implementation. Also preclearance requires changes to infrastructure, is that worth it for just a trial?
Every airport has its own approach towards such a project and each time the concept of US preclearence is evolving. Also mind that "a trial" is quite a generic word in this context, it can still mean a lot of things in practice.

BRUpilot
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 17:50

Re: BRU Winter 2017-18: news, new routes, airlines

Post by BRUpilot » 28 Mar 2017, 22:43

Delta change their Atlanta – Brussels Service. It converts to year-round again, but with 4 weekly 767 flights, instead of planned daily.

Source: Airlineroute

Post Reply