Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SLM

Re: Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Post by SLM »

Any more news about Air Belgium? So quiet...

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Air Belgium is one step closer to its launch: on their site there are new career options. Air Belgium is now searching for cockpit crew and cabin crew. If you click the cockpit crew-tab, you can see the type of plane they will be flying: a good old A340-300! For Cabin crew it is a plus point if you speak Mandarin. Says something about the destinations and they say also you are based in central Belgium (ergo EBBR?)!

http://airbelgium.com/pilots/
http://airbelgium.com/cabin-crew/

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Yuqu12 wrote:... they say also you are based in central Belgium (ergo EBBR?)!
Yes, but they also say:
... you are willing to fly from multiple bases within 120 km from Brussels

This sounds like still everything is possible ...

Danny

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

DannyVDB wrote:
Yuqu12 wrote:... they say also you are based in central Belgium (ergo EBBR?)!
Yes, but they also say:
... you are willing to fly from multiple bases within 120 km from Brussels

This sounds like still everything is possible ...

Danny
True, but I really hope they'll choose BRU. Although they can also choose another airport, so they don't have to fight Hainan for example if they want to fly to the East...

By the way: according planespotters.net, there are only 15 active A340-300. Is it (theoretically) possible they pick a stored A340-300 to re-use it?

MD-11forever

Post by MD-11forever »

Yuqu12 wrote: By the way: according planespotters.net, there are only 15 active A340-300. Is it (theoretically) possible they pick a stored A340-300 to re-use it?
There are a little bit more active A340-300s: around 120 according to the source you mention. Lufthansa alone has still 18 active A340-300s.

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

MD-11forever wrote:
Yuqu12 wrote: By the way: according planespotters.net, there are only 15 active A340-300. Is it (theoretically) possible they pick a stored A340-300 to re-use it?
There are a little bit more active A340-300s: around 120 according to the source you mention. Lufthansa alone has still 18 active A340-300s.
Whoops, I didn't see that there were multiple pages :D

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Must be a dirt cheap aircraft to rent
If you hedge the fuel price correctly, why not ?
120km around brussels, they make sure they include OST
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

koja78

Post by koja78 »

I actually think this might work if they can build a nice transfer network to spread out those passengers over Europe are link with the right tour companies. Maybe SN should codeshare if they would work out of BRU.
Or Jetair if they would choose OST. (BCN flight)

Airbus2016

Post by Airbus2016 »

It's ridicilous to think that brussels airlines would be codesharing with a new airline without knowing the quality of the airline. Furthermore, brussels airlines is already codesharing with hainan...
Tuifly with a few vacation destinations, isn't going to codeshare with chinese destinations..

koja78

Post by koja78 »

Maybe codeshare might be a step too much.. but if TUI can fill an extra flight between OST and BCN... why wouldn't they?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

they should maybe clarify their goal ... but I had the impression that their market is China and not Belgium ...
so charters for Chinese tourists...
in addition or in replacement of the existing thing in LGG, that's still a mystery ...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ansett wrote:But then, if this is the main purpose, why doesn't a Chinese airline operate these flights ?
Mystery...
Maybe Chinese tourists want to fly exotic airlines to exotic destinations, to taste immediately the flavour of the country they are visiting?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

then belgium is surely exotic enough !
a real banana republic ! only a very few left :)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

From the point of a large chinese travel agency (having branches in various large cities), it kind of makes sense to have one base in Europe that flies to multiple Chinese cities. Belgium is ideally located for the start or an end of a Eurotrip.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

DeltaWiskey wrote:From the point of a large chinese travel agency (having branches in various large cities), it kind of makes sense to have one base in Europe that flies to multiple Chinese cities. Belgium is ideally located for the start or an end of a Eurotrip.
Did they ask slots @ BRU ? Or no?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

This recent article suggest :
Air belgium from LGG
SHS/VLM from OST
Both sharing the chineese market.

BRU has already chineese flights

http://m.trends.levif.be/economie/entre ... 82853.html

All together: impressive for a small country no ?

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Acid-drop wrote:This recent article suggest :
Air belgium from LGG
SHS/VLM from OST

I was hoping Air Belgium and VLM would operate from BRU... Wouldn't it be great to see a A350 from Brussels Airlines next to a A340 from Air Belgium and a A330 from VLM? 8-)

Little bit disappointed about the A340 though. I was hoping for a Boeing 777. It's always Airbus, Airbus, Airbus with the Belgian airlines...

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Boavida wrote:
Acid-drop wrote:This recent article suggest :
Air belgium from LGG
SHS/VLM from OST

I was hoping Air Belgium and VLM would operate from BRU... Wouldn't it be great to see a A350 from Brussels Airlines next to a A340 from Air Belgium and a A330 from VLM? 8-)

Little bit disappointed about the A340 though. I was hoping for a Boeing 777. It's always Airbus, Airbus, Airbus with the Belgian airlines...
But they plan to use a T7 if things go well, as well as a A350. So a T7 will hopefully be there one day ;)

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Boavida wrote: Little bit disappointed about the A340 though. I was hoping for a Boeing 777. It's always Airbus, Airbus, Airbus with the Belgian airlines...
Except for Belgian airline TUI fly Belgium which operates a Boeing/Embraer fleet ;)

Best regards,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Bapt'

Post by Bapt' »

Flying with an A340 is a good strategy. Leasing prices are very low for this aircraft because this 4-engine-aircraft has a higher fuel consumption than 330 and 777. But at that time, fuel prices are very low... So flying with an A340 is attractive.