Transavia in Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Transavia in Brussels

Post by sn26567 »

What's the matter with Transavia? They had announced with great pride new Brussels flights from their new base in Munich. Hence I booked a flight on 29 March. Bad luck: cancelled after the attacks. Somebody from Transavia called me and offered to rebook me on a later date. Very friendly. I selected 6 April. Bad luck: that was too early for Transavia to start flying to BRU. Cancelled again!

This time I contacted them and I selected a new date, far away, in order to be almost sure not to have problems: 6 June. And now I get an e-mail saying my flights (outbound and return) are cancelled once again.

What's the matter, anyway? Has Transavia decided to cancel the launch of its Brussels flights from Munich? I start getting angry!
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Re: Transavia in Brussels

Post by CTBke »

Maybe they don't get the slots yet as BRU-airport prefers Lufthansa over a non star alliance carrier?
Citybird
The flying dream

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

I tried a booking on their web site...
Munich is (still?) listed as only available destination from BRU but when selecting the dates, we can see that the schedule has been removed...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

They will gladly accept your booking for 2017 - routes will be announced in June 2016

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c ... uni-bekend

Frederik Peeters

Post by Frederik Peeters »

Me and my friends had the same problem with Transavia. We would normally fly to Munich on the 4th of may and back to Brussels on the 8th. But our flights are cancelled since two weeks now.
They proposed to refund the money or rebook our flights. So we adopted to rebook, but suddenly that was no longer an option.
Strange way of working. :?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Just wondering... When a flight has been cancelled less then two weeks before departure, the compensation from EU-Rule 261/2004 applies. Unless an alternative routing is offered within a certain time margin (one margin for a cancellation between two weeks and one week before departure, another margin for cancellation within 7 days before departure).

eagleheart

Post by eagleheart »

Frederik Peeters wrote:Me and my friends had the same problem with Transavia. We would normally fly to Munich on the 4th of may and back to Brussels on the 8th. But our flights are cancelled since two weeks now.
They proposed to refund the money or rebook our flights. So we adopted to rebook, but suddenly that was no longer an option.
Strange way of working. :?
Same thing here. We've chosen to rebook our flight to Eindhoven, better hours though

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Same here. I had a trip booked for early july, a few weeks ago they called me for a schedule change as my evening flight was switched to an early morning departure. I was in fact not sure about keeping this trip or not but they chose for me this morning as the trip is now cancelled...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In my case, the e-mail said I could opt for a refund, or be called by phone within 24 hours to discuss alternative arrangements (rebooking, possibly from EIN).

I'm waiting for their call, but I refuse to fly from EIN: too far away!
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

[youtube][/youtube]Hi,
Flown today HV to MUC from my near door airport EIN,nice flight, cold coffee :(
Flight was operated with B737 instead of the sheduled B738.
LF 80/90 out, around 60 in...
MUC is full with promotion ads! a bit too much imo...
Saw one based B738 there...
Pity, but guess the bombs have more more effect than you can imagine!
Talked to two businessmen in the airport from Kentucky,USA..
When I said I was from Belgium, wow...
Belgium,France AND the UK were forbidden countries to travel for them !!!
Even London! Way too dangerous they said ! uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I asked Transavia for the reason of the cancellations. Here is their reply:

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. All our flights till the 31st of October have been cancelled because the airport doesn’t have enough capacity to receive all passengers at the moment.

The airport will be running normally in July, hence I translate:

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. All our flights till the 31st of October have been cancelled because the bookings are running too low.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:I asked Transavia for the reason of the cancellations. Here is their reply:

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. All our flights till the 31st of October have been cancelled because the airport doesn’t have enough capacity to receive all passengers at the moment.

The airport will be running normally in July, hence I translate:

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. All our flights till the 31st of October have been cancelled because the bookings are running too low.
Although this is an English-language forum, let me translate that quote into Dutch: "les excuses sont faites pour s'en servir".

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Quite obvious... and don't expect them to resume in the wintershedule.
Also flights from EIN to MUC were reduced in flights already...
Guess businesspax. will still use KLM and Lufthansa... and leisure is low in Munich !
Connections also big but thats only LH.
Based planes in MUC will operate more leisure flights out of MUC I guess..
CXB

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Passenger wrote:Although this is an English-language forum, let me translate that quote into Dutch: "les excuses sont faites pour s'en servir".
Dutch?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Ozzie1969 wrote:
Passenger wrote:Although this is an English-language forum, let me translate that quote into Dutch: "les excuses sont faites pour s'en servir".
Dutch?
Indeed. In French, it would sound like "...en als je dat niet gelooft, dan maken we je wel iets anders wijs". Why should we discuss this Transavia thing normal? They don't. When asked why their flights are cancelled, they say "...I’m sorry for the inconvenience. All our flights till the 31st of October have been cancelled because the airport doesn’t have enough capacity to receive all passengers at the moment..."

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nevertheless I saw a Transavia plane announced at BRU during the reopening ceremony. To Heraklion...
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

These Transavia birds are leased ones for Jetair,TC,...
They don't fly here for on their own booking systems...

CXB

LJ

Post by LJ »

For those interested, HV is now going to fly 12 weekly between MUC and SXF. Seems that HV have found a replacement for BRU.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

LJ wrote:For those interested, HV is now going to fly 12 weekly between MUC and SXF. Seems that HV have found a replacement for BRU.
Transavia's manager Mattijs ten Brink told Luchtvaartnieuws.nl: "Op dit moment is het niet mogelijk om voor een laag bedrag te vliegen tussen München en Berlijn Schönefeld. Daarom was het voor ons een logisch besluit om vanaf München vluchten naar de Duitse hoofdstad te gaan aanbieden".

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c ... -aanbieden

Translated by Google.Translate: At this moment it is not possible to fly cheap between Munich and Berlin Schönefeld. Therefore it was for us a logical decision to start offering flights from Munich to the German capital.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

He could apply the same reasoning from Munich to the capital of Europe!
André
ex Sabena #26567