BRU Winter 2016-2017: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: BRU Winter 2016-17: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 »

Kapitein wrote:Winterslotrequests:

DL042/043 wtih 767-400ER
9U to KIV (Air Molodova)
HU to PVG with 787-800 days 1-3-5, eveningflights
For longhaul SN has slots to BOM, DEL and EWR
Shorthaul slots to LCA days 2-4-6-7

Keep in mind, like always, only requests, no confirmed routings
Are these slots requested recently? So SN requested after 22/03? Would be nice if one of these three come through...

Which is DL42/43? JFK or ATL?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Conti764 wrote:

DL042/043 wtih 767-400ER
9U to KIV (Air Molodova)

Are these slots requested recently? So SN requested after 22/03? Would be nice if one of these three come through...

Which is DL42/43? JFK or ATL?
Al are recent. IATA slotconference was a few weeks ago.
DL042/043 is JFK, no sign for ATL this winter. as stated before not before summer 2017

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

DL042/043 wtih 767-400ER
9U to KIV (Air Molodova)

Oops it's a mistake...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Regarding SN, I would be surprised to see them flying EWR + DEL & BOM... seems quite too much! However, it would be a nice surprise...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Regarding SN, I would be surprised to see them flying EWR + DEL & BOM... seems quite too much! However, it would be a nice surprise...
Dear Brusselsairlinesfan,

About SN: it does not mean that SN will fly to those three destinations. They can request the slots as they have a wish but for sure they will give them back somewhere in August. Only one destination will remain. The only surprise that I have is that a possible new destination in Africa is not visible.

FYI: each year we see some exotic airlines who request slots for BRU but we never see them. That's the reason that you can request them but at they end you give them back.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Atlantis wrote:
brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Regarding SN, I would be surprised to see them flying EWR + DEL & BOM... seems quite too much! However, it would be a nice surprise...

About SN: it does not mean that SN will fly to those three destinations. They can request the slots as they have a wish but for sure they will give them back somewhere in August. Only one destination will remain. The only surprise that I have is that a possible new destination in Africa is not visible.
An other info is : AI or 9W didn't ask slots for those destinations. No ?

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

It seems like Air Moldova has confirmed service to Chisinau 2 times weekly on Tuesday and Thursday from 11 October.
Times are:

Tuesday
departure from Chisinau at 06:30; arrival to Brussels at 08:30
departure from Brussels at 09:20; arrival to Chisinau – 13:00

Thursday
departure from Chisinau at 07:30; arrival to Brussels – 09:30
departure from Brussels – 10:20; arrival to Chisinau – 14:00

link: http://www.airmoldova.md/news-records-en/4226/

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Wonderful! :D :D :D

I hope this route will be a success and stay. 8-)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Atlantis wrote:

FYI: each year we see some exotic airlines who request slots for BRU but we never see them. That's the reason that you can request them but at they end you give them back.
Next winter no flight to IAD, only 3 flights a week to YYZ, -1 flight to ABJ but one more to DKR...next winter means minus 8 flights without the 10th A330...
Could it mean 3 flights to DEL and 3 to BOM...and 2 new flights to LOS.
And the 10th A330 could arrive for the next summer season ( 5 to IAD and 2 to YYZ )...where is my mistake ? :oops:

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi nordikcam,

Don't they performan maintenance on their long haul fleet during winter time? That is what happened over the past few years, don't have a clue though if this is also to be done this year ... (last year 7 instead of 8 planes available).

The decreased frequency for Toronto was already announced before although it was 4/w at that time (and they would go to A333 instead of mixture of A332/A333 instead). It seems that they decrease Toronto further.

I was always surprised by the success of the Dakar flights ...

Maybe they will also split further (less triangles?)

Cheers,
Danny

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

DannyVDB wrote:Hi nordikcam,

Don't they performan maintenance on their long haul fleet during winter time? That is what happened over the past few years, don't have a clue though if this is also to be done this year ... (last year 7 instead of 8 planes available).

The decreased frequency for Toronto was already announced before although it was 4/w at that time (and they would go to A333 instead of mixture of A332/A333 instead). It seems that they decrease Toronto further.

I was always surprised by the success of the Dakar flights ...

Maybe they will also split further (less triangles?)

Cheers,
Danny
:) Yes maintenance ! Of course !

The flights to YYZ will be days 2 - 4 and 6...day's of arriving the TG flights from BKK and they code share with TG. I took two times the YYZ flight with SN and it was more or less full.

About DKR : my mistake ! Daily now and daily this winter 16-17...but success destination.

I wonder if they are really interested by open DEL or BOM ? And yes maybe less triangles flights !

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

For the winter, indeed Washinghton will not be operated. So it's 6 flight less in the program.

Toronto is reduce from 5 in summer to 4 in winter (and not 3), operate on -2-4-67 Abidjan stay 6 flight per week as in Summer, no flight on wednesday.

And finally Dakar stay as well with a daily flight. It will not be "ditriangulised" as for the moment we use the fifth freedom between DKR, CKY and BJL and it work really well, we'll see what happened next with the new Senegal Airlines.

To sumerise, there are 7 weekly flights less in the program of winter and if a new aircraft comes it could make 7 additional rotation. If there were no check of the aircraft there could be room for 14 additional flights which is good enough to start Mumbai, New Delhi and Newark with 3/4 flight each. But now indeed I guess some aircraft we'll need to go on maintenance. An ACMI could the be use on the flight of the week.

Let's wait and see

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote:For the winter, indeed Washinghton will not be operated. So it's 6 flight less in the program.

Toronto is reduce from 5 in summer to 4 in winter (and not 3), operate on -2-4-67 Abidjan stay 6 flight per week as in Summer, no flight on wednesday.

And finally Dakar stay as well with a daily flight. It will not be "ditriangulised" as for the moment we use the fifth freedom between DKR, CKY and BJL and it work really well, we'll see what happened next with the new Senegal Airlines.

To sumerise, there are 7 weekly flights less in the program of winter and if a new aircraft comes it could make 7 additional rotation. If there were no check of the aircraft there could be room for 14 additional flights which is good enough to start Mumbai, New Delhi and Newark with 3/4 flight each. But now indeed I guess some aircraft we'll need to go on maintenance. An ACMI could the be use on the flight of the week.

Let's wait and see
Good to know ! Thx ! About DKR and ABJ, my informations came from Brussels Airport.
Do u think SN could fly BOM and AI DEL...or AI didn't have interest in BRU ?
Sorry but what do u mean by ACMI ?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

ACMI = Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, Insurance. Basically a full wet-lease third party aircraft (eg HiFly) taking over the flight(s) temporarily.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

ACMI: Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance, this is a wet lease, like Hifly for example. But this is just an option I don't know if SN would do that, but they already did in the past with a 767 of Air Italy for the flight to Dakar.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

crew1990 wrote:For the winter, indeed Washinghton will not be operated. So it's 6 flight less in the program.

Let's wait and see
So last winter they flew 6 times a week ...
And this year nothing if this is correct is it because Washington is not performing well or is there another reason?
Thx

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

sdbelgium wrote:ACMI = Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, Insurance. Basically a full wet-lease third party aircraft (eg HiFly) taking over the flight(s) temporarily.
Thx...I understand and did not know this "acronyme".

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

lumumba wrote: So last winter they flew 6 times a week ...
And this year nothing if this is correct is it because Washington is not performing well or is there another reason?
Thx
Not last winter 15-16 but winter 14-15...IAD is performing well as said by CEO Gustin in one of his last one press conference 8-)

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

lumumba wrote:So last winter they flew 6 times a week ...
Thx
No, the 6 time as week is summer 2016, the route was not flown las winter neither, and indeed, IAD perform quite well for the moment

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

crew1990 wrote:
lumumba wrote:So last winter they flew 6 times a week ...
Thx
No, the 6 time as week is summer 2016, the route was not flown las winter neither, and indeed, IAD perform quite well for the moment
So is it United that doesn't want Brussels to fly more to DC?