Belgocontrol ATC strikes 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boavida

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2016

Post by Boavida »

For many passengers this will be the "last drop": they will avoid Brussels in the future and fly from other airports. Well done, unions! We don't need terrorists to destroy our economy, we do it ourselves!

Zum kotzen!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I'm not blaming the government, but I'm expecting Jacqueline Galant to do something (not to say something) right now.

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

Jetter wrote:If you wonder who is responsible for such an action, meet Maryse Meulemans.

https://www.facebook.com/maryse.meulemans
What's your point? Is this the middle-ages where we're going to pillory someone ?
I agree starting a strike in these circumstances is hideous, but singling out one indivual is as well.
I urge the moderators to act upon this !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

YYZ727 wrote:
Jetter wrote:If you wonder who is responsible for such a devn action, meet Maryse Meulemans

https://www.facebook.com/maryse.meulemans
What's your point? Is this the middle-ages where we're going to pillory someone ?
I agree starting a strike in these circumstances is hideous, but singling out one indivual is as well.
I urge the moderators to act upon this !
She is the president from that trade union killing the airport. Therefore, it's a relevant post.
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/economie/1.2627220

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

YYZ727 wrote:What's your point? Is this the middle-ages where we're going to pillory someone ? I agree starting a strike in these circumstances is hideous, but singling out one indivual is as well.
I'm not out to pillory someone at all, just pointing out who is responsible for these sickening actions. She is the chairwoman, so it's her own choice to be a public figure and to be seen as main figure of the GBATC. Therefore it's fair game to point out who she is.

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

Jetter wrote:If you wonder who is responsible for such an action, meet ...
So, jail her, burn her car ?
Come on, is it about one person, are you sure you are really aware on what's going on so that you can blame her on a public place ?

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

Jetter wrote:
I'm not out to pillory someone at all, just pointing out who is responsible for these sickening actions. She is the chairwoman, so it's her own choice to be a public figure and to be seen as main figure of the GBATC. Therefore it's fair game to point out who she is.
Pointing out is one thing, but the tone of your post and the mentioning of someones personal facebook page has very little or no news value and smells of pillory....

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Nevihta wrote:So, jail her, burn her car ?
Come on, is it about one person, are you sure you are really aware on what's going on so that you can blame her on a public place ?
It's just one person who by her own choice is the main representative of the BGATC. And yes I'm aware that the BGATC called upon employees to not turn up for work. Of course I don't wish her any harm, I didn't imply that in any way either.

sean1982

Re: Breaking: Belgocontrol air traffic control strike (22 april 2016)

Post by sean1982 »

She wanted the job? Then she needs to take the responsibilities as well. One of them ... Answering the outrage of the whole country about this DISGUSTING act. Im once again ashamed to be belgian

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

YYZ727 wrote:
Jetter wrote:
Pointing out is one thing, but the tone of your post and the mentioning of someones personal facebook page has very little or no news value and smells of pillory....
It has little news value but it does make it possible for people working at BRU who might lose their job because of her actions to make that known to her in a polite way. Being chairwoman doesn't only involve the likable parts of representing your union.
Last edited by Jetter on 12 Apr 2016, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Nevihta wrote:
Jetter wrote:If you wonder who is responsible for such a devious action, meet traitor
So, jail her, burn her car ?
Just like we have the right to see the faces of the terrorists who bombed the airport, we have the right to see the faces of the ones causing horrible damage to the airport with these scandalous actions right now.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Nevihta wrote:So, jail her, burn her car ?
What is worse here? Is it (indirectly) inviting some luchtzak-members to send her a Facebook message that she won't like but that she can delete after one second, or is ot to cause severe damage to airlines, to airports and to passengers?

Like I said before: this strike is lijkenpikkerij. Disguisting vulture behaviour.

dna

Post by dna »

Does anyone know when ATC staff will have recovered from the news they will have to wait until they're 58 before they can retire? I read that the wildcat strike will end at 10.15 tonight. Is this correct? I am flying tomorrow morning, so any info would be much appreciated.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Please would you all control your language. Thanks! Many posts have been edited.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

Shame on her and on those uncivil ATC controllers! Not only do they have no respect for others, they also have no respect for themselves!

The unions are killing this country!
Last edited by convair on 12 Apr 2016, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

dna wrote:Does anyone know when ATC staff will have recovered from the news they will have to wait until they're 58 before they can retire? I read that the wildcat strike will end at 10.15 tonight. Is this correct? I am flying tomorrow morning, so any info would be much appreciated.
I am also flying tomorrow morning, and the latest news I have is that the wildcat strike will end at 22:15 tonight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Freken

Post by Freken »

There will only be 30! movements from the airport in 4 hours. Unacceptable..

Source: https://twitter.com/Belgocontrol_NL/sta ... 8274411520

Freken

Post by Freken »

“This action by air traffic controllers is a kick in the teeth for all the airline and airport staff who have worked so hard to reconnect Brussels to the world after the appalling terrorist attack just three weeks ago. It is the height of irresponsibility to cut a vital service and doing so without warning can only be seen as malicious.

If we cannot count on simple human decency from such highly-compensated professionals then it’s time for governments to find ways to guarantee the availability of air traffic control services,” said Tony Tyler, IATA’s Director General and CEO.

Couldn't say it better, kick these idiots out and hire some competent people that are willing to perform. More than enough out there.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The Belgian government won't do anything against this scandal: Alexander De Croo (VLD) told VTM he "regrets" the strike.