Reopening Brussels Airport after the 22/03/2016 terror attacks

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Reopening Brussels Airport after the 22/03/2016 terror attacks

Post by Conti764 »

sean1982 wrote:
convair wrote: Now, if the police unions fear a terrorist attack in that area, try to imagine a terrorist attack in one of our pristine(!) ;) parkings.
As we had a few 1000 people queueing up outside the pre security check tent in the past we can say that police unions only really care for their own safety, so for them the current situation works perfectly fine.
You 'forget' the police officers standing guard at the entrance of the tents? :roll:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Conti764 wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
convair wrote: Now, if the police unions fear a terrorist attack in that area, try to imagine a terrorist attack in one of our pristine(!) ;) parkings.
As we had a few 1000 people queueing up outside the pre security check tent in the past we can say that police unions only really care for their own safety, so for them the current situation works perfectly fine.
You 'forget' the police officers standing guard at the entrance of the tents? :roll:
You mean the ones they source from other police departments, like my brother did loads of time ? :roll:

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sean1982 wrote:
Conti764 wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
You mean the ones they source from other police departments, like my brother did loads of time ? :roll:
A police officer is a police officer. You make it sound like police are inside like chicken.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Conti764 wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
Conti764 wrote:
A police officer is a police officer. You make it sound like police are inside like chicken.
When you have 20 to 1000 people queuing up outside, with 2 police men standing in front of the tent going "left or right" ..... it dont make it sounds like anything. Those are the facts

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

sn26567 wrote:
Homo Aeroportus wrote:As to accessibility, at the hours I usually show up there, P1 top floor has always free spots.
People don't like to park in open air! They prefer a roof for the loved cars...
Prolonged kisses or fragile cars then...
;)

H.A.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sean1982 wrote:
Conti764 wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
When you have 20 to 1000 people queuing up outside, with 2 police men standing in front of the tent going "left or right" ..... it dont make it sounds like anything. Those are the facts
That doesn't matter. If shit hits the fan, those 2 to 3 police officers per tent are as much on jeopardy as those 1000 queuing up, even more so. Not to speak about the two or three police officers guarding the passage on arrivals level.

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

Conti764 wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
Conti764 wrote:
That doesn't matter. If shit hits the fan, those 2 to 3 police officers per tent are as much on jeopardy as those 1000 queuing up, even more so. Not to speak about the two or three police officers guarding the passage on arrivals level.
Hey, the two military standing at the tent exit who barked at me could shoot the blown-up terrorists as a defense :idea:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

thalenoi wrote:Hey, the two military standing at the tent exit who barked at me could shoot the blown-up terrorists as a defense
Those para's never barked at me. The police never barked at me. Maybe because I allways follow official instructions/orders, even when I think they're stupid.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I was wondering why the automatic electronic passport control doesn't work at Brussels Airport...
Somebody now's more?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

I just read that ARN will have US pre-clearance facility starting 2018.
Some time ago (about 2 yrs ?) I suggested on this forum the Belgian authorities should sign a pre-clearance deal that would put more forcefully Bru on the trans-atlantic market which is a a very much needed opportunity.
Time for action me thinks. And time to make bru a traveler friendly experience again. Train and car access make the airport user-unfriendly. More and more people are aware of the disgrace of long queues to access the terminal and want to avoid the airport. Sad when you think how friendly this airport used to be ...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

sn-remember wrote:I just read that ARN will have US pre-clearance facility starting 2018.
Some time ago (about 2 yrs ?) I suggested on this forum the Belgian authorities should sign a pre-clearance deal that would put more forcefully Bru on the trans-atlantic market which is a a very much needed opportunity.
Time for action me thinks. And time to make bru a traveler friendly experience again. Train and car access make the airport user-unfriendly. More and more people are aware of the disgrace of long queues to access the terminal and want to avoid the airport. Sad when you think how friendly this airport used to be ...
a few says ago, I spend more time queueing in the train station to get throught the pre-check, than I spend in the air on my flight to LHR. If i get dropped off by car it's the person who drops me off who goes through the same story. It's unaccaptable really. I got through to the gate much quicker in Abuja a month ago :roll:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn-remember wrote:I just read that ARN will have US pre-clearance facility starting 2018.
Sources close to the Airport administration tell me preclearance trials would be started in H2 2017. It could have been earlier without the terror attacks.

See the article on preclearance on the Luchtzak homepage.
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

lumumba wrote:I was wondering why the automatic electronic passport control doesn't work at Brussels Airport...
Somebody now's more?
I flew YYZ BRU and back those days...and automatic electronic passport worked at the departure and at the arrival.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

nordikcam wrote:
lumumba wrote:I was wondering why the automatic electronic passport control doesn't work at Brussels Airport...
Somebody now's more?
I flew YYZ BRU and back those days...and automatic electronic passport worked at the departure and at the arrival.
Ok thx.
Because I came back from Istanbul last Wednesday and they where not working again.
Last edited by lumumba on 05 Nov 2016, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

convair

Post by convair »

sean1982 wrote: a few says ago, I spend more time queueing in the train station to get throught the pre-check, than I spend in the air on my flight to LHR. If i get dropped off by car it's the person who drops me off who goes through the same story. It's unaccaptable really. I got through to the gate much quicker in Abuja a month ago
Totally unacceptable indeed.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

@sn26567 Thank you ! Interesting reading ...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Stij

Post by Stij »

Cool!

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Picture of the new main entrance... looks cheap and amateuristic... :o :crazy:

Seriously, BAC?

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

Boavida wrote:looks cheap and amateuristic
I don't really agree, but that might be taste

Anyway, will see for myself this week
I leave from BRU end of week, but will the precheck in train station also disappear ?
Last time there people were stuck on the escalator, unable to get up or down
Pretty dangerous