Repositioning of BRU operations to other airports after attacks

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Repositioning of BRU operations to other airports after attacks

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines has updated its website with schedules to/from ANR and LGG for 26 March: https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/ ... 26mar.aspx

And of course the latest version of the 25 March schedule is also available: https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/ ... 25mar.aspx
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

OO-SFO arriving in JFK from BRU as SN501. For a return to ZRH?
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote:Brussels Airlines has updated its website with schedules to/from ANR and LGG for 26 March: https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/ ... 26mar.aspx

And of course the latest version of the 25 March schedule is also available: https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/ ... 25mar.aspx
I see all flight numbers start with 1. Wouldn't it be helpful to use a different digit for ANR and LGG.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In addition to easyJet and Aegean, Vueling has now also transferred its flights to Lille.

Following Tuesday’s attacks at Brussels Airport and in the city of Brussels, Vueling, its management and employees, first and foremost wish to express their deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of the victims of these terrible attacks.

Vueling would like to inform that, as from tomorrow 25 March until 29 March included, the airline will operate Brussels’ flights from the nearby Lille Lesquin Airport in France.

A total of 80 flights will operate from Lille in the coming days, for flight details please refer to vuelingnews.com. 16 flights will be cancelled, clients can find the complete list of cancellations also on vuelingnews.com. Bus transport from Lille-Lesquin Airport to Brussels South Train Station will be provided by Vueling and is free of charge.

Passengers who have booked a Vueling flight with scheduled departure until the reopening of Brussels Airport, date to be confirmed, can contact Vueling to change their flight free of charge during the next two months or refund the ticket. Booking modifications can be made online on Vueling.com or by contacting the customer service helpline +34 93 122 00 55 from Belgium or +39 0694 801 256 from France.

Vueling is in a continuous effort to reach out to the passengers who are affected by the disruptions at Brussels Airport, via different channels, such as SMS, e-mail directly to customers and constantly updates information on the website vuelingnews.com and on Twitter @vuelingclients and Facebook. Vueling also keeps travel agents informed via e-mail.

easyJet passengers also get free transfer to Brussels South station.

Alitalia information on special flights to Liege: https://www.alitalia.com/en_it/fly-alit ... elles.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Notice to Adria passengers travelling from/to Brussels via Liege - the morning flight on 25.03 has been cancelled.

https://t.co/7RXxm8MQLq
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

LGG had 120 flights today apparently, 1/3 of that being brussels airlines.
They are running very close to max capacity and had to refuse requests from other companies.
A video from Liège local TV:
http://rtc.be/reportages/262-general/14 ... t-120-vols
Another one from kanaal z, with strange uncut scenes
http://kanaalz.knack.be/nieuws/liege-ai ... 83219.html
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It looks that vueling will use LIL instead of LGG. I wonder why, maybe to allow more slots to SN
http://vuelingnews.com/?lang=en
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

ostair

Post by ostair »

Acid-drop wrote:It looks that vueling will use LIL instead of LGG. I wonder why, maybe to allow more slots to SN
http://vuelingnews.com/?lang=en
Very strange indeed, first make publicity that you will fly from Liege and then switch to France.
They already operate from Lille, perhaps Lille is offering a deal one can't turn down.
Easyjet has also switched to Lille.

TAP is switching between LUX and OST.

Anyone any idea what SAS is doing? Still getting a faulty message in their site.
Turkish, BMI,Airbaltic seems to cancel all their BRU flights.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Brussels Airlines has loaded some African flights from Frankfurt, on 26 March 2016

SN 1469 FRA-Entebbe-Kigali-Fra
SN 1349 FRA-Douala-Kinshasa-FRA

It seems that West Africans flights are still operated to and from Zurich
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

convair

Post by convair »

OO-SFO just took off from JFK, bound to Frankfurt as SN1402. Arrival 7:05 am
I thought they had choosen ZRH for their l/h flights.

PttU

Post by PttU »

At ANR, a lot of VLM and CityJet flights seem to be cancelled or delayed. I'd guess to accommodate the SN-flights, but why? Not enough place on the apron? Not enough place in the passenger hall?

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

convair wrote:OO-SFO just took off from JFK, bound to Frankfurt as SN1402. Arrival 7:05 am
I thought they had choosen ZRH for their l/h flights.
Nope, it is a mixture of FRA and ZRH, and Kinshasa is even from Liège !

http://airlineroute.net/2016/03/25/sn-25mar16lh/

Danny

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Well LGG is the best place to do SN connections now....
And for the rest they could fly them to FRA (or even use a coach, it takes only 3h)
Both SN and Lufthansa are flying LGG-FRA today it seems

ggmeese

Post by ggmeese »

LH is flying LGG to MUC

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

No VLM flights were scheduled today and only 2 flights to LCY (with a different schedule then on normal days due to opening times of LCY today) by Cityjet due to the Easter weekend. Nothing cancelled due to the recent events.

AAI

Post by AAI »

At ANR, a lot of VLM and CityJet flights seem to be cancelled or delayed. I'd guess to accommodate the SN-flights, but why? Not enough place on the apron? Not enough place in the passenger hall?
It's Holy Friday, today, and than traditionaaly Cityjet & VLM cancel or reduce their flights!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Update Brussels Airlines to the travel trade:

In brief:

• New York flight will be operated from Frankfurt, we are organizing a feeder flight from Liège.
• Abidjan, Cotonou, Freetown and Monrovia will also depart from Frankfurt.
• Kinshasa will be operated directly from Liège, leaving LGG at 10:40.
• Accra, Lomé, Dakar and Banjul will be flown from Zurich. TWP allows passengers to feed from Cologne to ZRH on 4U at no charge.

More details:

On Thursday 24th March 2016 until Sunday 27th March 2016 included, Brussels Airlines (SN) offers an alternative emergency schedule for short haul out of alternative Belgian airports LGG (Liege) and ANR (Antwerp) and long haul flights out of ZRH, FRA and LGG. Please check the GDS and Brussels Airlines.com on the further updates of this emergency schedule.

For passengers originally booked on SN flight numbers, the following procedure is valid:

Rebooking:

The following is valid for the short haul flights in LGG and ANR

Brussels Airlines will automatically rebook the passengers in the following hours originally booked on SN operated flights from/to BRU onto the new SN operated flights from/to LGG (Liege), ANR (Antwerp).

SN cannot separate P2P from Connecting passengers, also the connecting passengers will be re-accommodated on the flights to LGG/ANR. These passengers will have to be re-booked again by the booking originator via the LHG hubs and according to the above mentioned rebooking procedure of the original TWP 02/2016 - Version 3.

- Only for point to point passengers within Europe.
- As long as the BRU airport remains closed and Brussels Airlines cannot operate from/to BRU
- If the destination is offered at the alternative airports in LGG and ANR.
- Brussels Airlines has organized a free bus service between Brussels and Liège/Antwerp airports. Bus schedules can be found on Brusselsairlines.com

The following is valid for the long haul flights in ZRH and FRA and LGG:

Brussels Airlines will automatically rebook the passengers from SN operated flights from/to BRU onto the new SN operated flights from/to ZRH and FRA/LGG.

The connecting feeder flights will have to be re-booked again by the booking originator and according to the above mentioned rebooking procedure of the original TWP 02/2016 - Version 3.

e.g. DLA-SN123-BRU-SN456-CPH will be rebooked in 2 steps:

Step 1: automated rebooking by Brussels Airlines DLA-SN1123-ZRH//LGG-SN1456-CPH

Step 2: manual rebooking by Brussels Airlines outstations or booking originator LGG-SN1456-CPH into ZRH-LX123-CPH

Schedules :

Following flights will arrive in ZRH, FRI 25/3:
• DLA/NSI
• KGL/EBB
• BJL/DKR
Following flight will arrive in FRA, FRI 25/3:
• ABJ/OUA
• FIH/LAD
• JFK

Following flights will depart from ZRH on FRI 25/3:
• NSI/DLA
• DKR/BJL
• ACC/LFW
Following flights will depart from FRA on FRI 25/3:
• JFK
• ABJ/COO
• FNA/ROB
Following flights will depart from LGG on FRI 25/3:
• FIH
Last edited by Passenger on 25 Mar 2016, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

convair

Post by convair »

Looks like Brussels North ;) ;) ;) is very efficient! SN will operate 10 more flights from ANR today, compared to yesterday.

Hope BRU East ;) ;) ;) is doing well too.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

FRA-LGG using A330 from FIH (OO-SFN)