Oman Air eyes BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

LJ

Oman Air eyes BRU

Post by LJ »

According to the Dutch website luchtvaartnieuws.nl, Oman Air eyes BRU as a new destination for 2017. Oman Air is currently expanding their long haul fleet and bought 1 slotpair at LHR for the record amount of USD75mln.

Article in Dutch
http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c ... dusseldorf

RoMax

Re: Oman Air eyes BRU

Post by RoMax »

A very nice addition if you ask me. I'm not really aware of the size of the market, but I like their paint very much haha ;)

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

RoMax wrote:A very nice addition if you ask me. I'm not really aware of the size of the market, but I like their paint very much haha ;)
Same for me! I really love their livery! :D 8-)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

some really nice news.
The war between all those ME carrier will give us some fantastic fares.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Acid-drop wrote:some really nice news.
The war between all those ME carrier will give us some fantastic fares.
Someone with experience with Oman Air and/or Muscat airport for transit?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Kapitein wrote:Someone with experience with Oman Air and/or Muscat airport for transit?
I've been to Muscat, but by sea. The Sultanate of Oman is really nice to visit, with the old Muscat being very picturesque. Tourist traffic should increase considerably in the coming years.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Duke

Post by Duke »

Kapitein wrote: Someone with experience with Oman Air and/or Muscat airport for transit?
I went to Oman 3 years ago (flying with LH though).
Oman is a nice and peaceful country, hopefully it remains like that.
Muscat airport was not so big and rather dated in 2013 (boarding via the tarmac), but construction of a new, large airport was progressing at the other side of the runway(s), I guess it should be near completion by now. Once completed, it will probably be a nice alternative for Dubai and Abu Dhabi, at just about 45 minutes flying distance.

Regards,

Duke