2016 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: 2016 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567 wrote:New business airline at Liège: Yellow, with one Pilatus PC-12 and plans to grow to three such planes.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/liege-a ... e-airport/
8000 euro per day for liege-cannes with 8 people as an example
Other companies charge around 3500 per hour.
They expect to grow up to 3 a/c in the next 3 years.
Good luck to them.

http://www.lecho.be/entreprises/aviatio ... 1453551610
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

2015 aerial imagery of LGG, interesting view on the cargo north works.
http://goo.gl/iuzoXC

(and the rest of wallonia too, for those who like sunday hikes)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

They have freed up a lot of space in the north of the airport...
Good for 10 years of expansion
video : https://vimeo.com/156809450

http://www.landinliege.com/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Cargo growth continue in 2016
http://www.aircargoweek.com/continous-e ... owing-247/

I guess qatar cargo has a major impact

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

At the end of 2015, LGG was the 8th biggest airport in Europe and the 22th biggest in the world.

Source: http://www.aircargonews.net/news/single ... sults.html

Established02

Post by Established02 »

The gap between LGG and LUX is smaller than I expected.

I notice that Memphis, the major Fedex hub, is missing on the world list.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Indeed.
Another source show a complete different list : http://www.aci.aero/Data-Centre/Monthly ... /12-months
Shanghai, Memphis, anchorage and others were missing. Kinda make the first list useless actually.
LGG is probably between the 30th and the 40th position.

(notice the 46% growth of DOHA, and that is also wrong if we compare with other source https://www.ajot.com/premium/ajot-backe ... to-expansi )
conclusion : everything might be wrong. nice.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Liege Airport became one of the European airport leaders in transiting AVI (All Live Animals).
Liege Airport is more and more the acknowledged hub for big consolidated departures and arrivals which are related to globally renowned equestrian events and tournaments. Other airlines too have discovered since a long time now the Liege Airport and its place of excellence for horses and all live animals; very regularly Qatar Airways Cargo, FedEx Charter Department, National Airlines and Lufthansa Cargo, are operating their full-horses flights into or out of Liege.
http://www.stattimes.com/index.php/ark-in-the-sky/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Belgocontrol strikes again. Liège unavailable for arrivals 15.30-17.30 UTC, 17.30-19.30 local time - ATC staffing problem.

Source: Eurocontrol

It looks like we are living in an underdeveloped country!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

sn26567 wrote:Belgocontrol strikes again. Liège unavailable for arrivals 15.30-17.30 UTC, 17.30-19.30 local time - ATC staffing problem.

Please stop this misinformation.
Have you seen "strike" in your Eurocontrol source (If so, I'll be the 1st one to apologize...) Do you have a link or something ?
It's not a strike, it's a zero rate due to understaffing.
So it's not only for the arrivals, for the departures as well, and for VFR etc... except SAR, hospital etc...
Please try to be complete and objective in your informations, and separate them from your own opinion.
And for your information, it's been happening almost every day this week..

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Very sad they can't ask the military to take over.
Callikg it a strike or a shortage of people due to sudden grouped sickness of all unhappy people is your communication war. All smart people really know what's happening for real.

Hue

Post by Hue »

There is no strategy or higher purpose. These service interruptions are the result of fatigue and burn-out combined with lack of sufficient staff to fill the gaps. As predicted. All training for new procedures has been cancelled, but underrecruitment can't be solved in a few weeks or months. The work roster of June is not published in due time for Canac, to illustrate the problems.

Stop blaming atco's for these issues. Our employer would be happy to tell the world if there was any coordinated action, like they fooled you once. They did not, so go ask them why they did not recruit in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 (only managers where recruited, no atco's).

Words like strike and communication war create a hostile environment in our industry. It leads to tensions between pilots and ATC, even on live frequencies. I would recommend you to stop contributing to this and redirect your arrows.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Acid-drop wrote:Very sad they can't ask the military to take over.
Callikg it a strike or a shortage of people due to sudden grouped sickness of all unhappy people is your communication war. All smart people really know what's happening for real.
When a service is understaffed, one does not need to strike to hinder normal operations. Just a work to rule action will do. Reminds me; I should be doing that as well...

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

They should all be fired on the spot. fck 'em

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

go ask them why they did not recruit in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
Now that we all agree where the problem is from, its up to the atco's to work normally or not.
And I certainly hope the mess of this week is not gonna last 2 more years !

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nevihta wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Belgocontrol strikes again. Liège unavailable for arrivals 15.30-17.30 UTC, 17.30-19.30 local time - ATC staffing problem.

Have you seen "strike" in your Eurocontrol source (If so, I'll be the 1st one to apologize...) Do you have a link or something ?
So it's not only for the arrivals, for the departures as well, and for VFR etc... except SAR, hospital etc...
Please try to be complete and objective in your informations, and separate them from your own opinion.
I never wrote ATCOs were on strike. When I write "Belgocontrol strikes again", strikes is a verb: look in your dictionary what that verb means. ;) Maybe I should have written "Belgocontrol hits again" to avoid all misunderstanding.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Haha nice one.

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

sn26567 wrote:
Nevihta wrote:

I never wrote ATCOs were on strike. When I write "Belgocontrol strikes again", strikes is a verb: look in your dictionary what that verb means. ;) Maybe I should have written "Belgocontrol hits again" to avoid all misunderstanding.
So if you want to play the word, have you seen that I was defending ATCOs on strike ? ;)
To strike, in any of the definitions means a voluntary act.
One of the real problems is : in such a critical environment, how comes there is no standby service ?
Consequence being : as soon as someone is sick, there is no backup plan. In a company with 300 employees working shifts, without rest on a stressed environment, what's the probability to have someone sick, say at least one day out of 2 ?
During those latest years, staffing has been reduced to the very minimum (and the new agreement tends to reduce it even more), so 1 sick people immediately has a huge consequence.
Oh, and you might be surprised that those zero rates are arranged (essentially at night) to accommodate with TNT traffic to hit (or strike) them as less as possible.
You would also be surprised to, even if it was possible, there is not enough militaries to take over.
And last, but not least, during those 3 weeks, not a single proposal was made from the management, except contingency measures, I mean not even a long term solution...

evyncke

Post by evyncke »

Nevihta wrote: Oh, and you might be surprised that those zero rates are arranged (essentially at night) to accommodate with TNT traffic to hit (or strike) them as less as possible.
You would also be surprised to, even if it was possible, there is not enough militaries to take over.
And last, but not least, during those 3 weeks, not a single proposal was made from the management, except contingency measures, I mean not even a long term solution...
So, TNT appears to be more important to Belgocontrol/EBGL than SN in EBBR... Political connections probably...

And, do you know what? I am not really surprized that your management proposed nothing :-( Shame on the viper nest of high level/political people in charge :-(

Good luck :-)

-éric
(PPL crossing your CTR from/to EBSP from time to time)

PS: regarding military, they were in charge of EBLG for a long time until a couple of years ago, so, could they be re-trained?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »