2016 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

b720

Re: 2016 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by b720 »

which seems to be fully booked for most of next week GVA - ANR hopefully they'll send a larger aircraft very soon!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Boarding of first Chalair flight to GVA

Picture Antwerp Airport
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

hopefully they'll send a larger aircraft
... if they had any, they might. But AFAICS, they have only B1900's in their fleet. Fleet standardisation is a nice thing.

For myself I rather hope to see them increase the frequency, that would make the service yet more attractive. But above all, let us be glad for their success!

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Are the ticket prices lower then the ones of VLM use to be?
Perhaps that's a reason for the success??

convair

Post by convair »

The activity at ANR will be much lower from tomorrow with many SN flights already desappearing!

I think that, in a few months from now, when "the dust will have settled", SN should do something special to thank both ANR and LGG for their help in taking good care of its pax during these awful times!

And why not keep a few Avros to continue to operate some flights out of ANR, since there seems to be a good market in the area? And the same for LGG with Airbuses.

Of course, adding bases adds costs and SN will need all its resources for a while...but later on, hopefully when they have recovered some strength...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Also posted in the topic "Repositioning of BRU operations to other airports after attacks":
Passenger wrote:Antwerp Airport expects that Brussels Airlines will end operations to/from Antwerp within a few days.

http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20160404_02218 ... -afgebouwd

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

SN should do something special to thank both ANR and LGG for their help
That is a very nice thought, and would have been very appropriate in the 1960's or so. In the 21st century I am afraid we are beyond that kind of romanticism, thanks to the blessings of free trade we are now limited to the hard figures in the various balance sheets.

SN539

Post by SN539 »

convair wrote:The activity at ANR will be much lower from tomorrow with many SN flights already desappearing!

I think that, in a few months from now, when "the dust will have settled", SN should do something special to thank both ANR and LGG for their help in taking good care of its pax during these awful times!

And why not keep a few Avros to continue to operate some flights out of ANR, since there seems to be a good market in the area? And the same for LGG with Airbuses.

Of course, adding bases adds costs and SN will need all its resources for a while...but later on, hopefully when they have recovered some strength...
I think that if the same events should occur in ANR or LGG, BRU would react on the same way. So just normal solidarity ... And, if I want to welcome the efforts and the organisation made by ANR and LGG, they certainly were not fully "losers" in the adventure (airport taxes, shops, parrkings, ...).

convair

Post by convair »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
SN should do something special to thank both ANR and LGG for their help
That is a very nice thought, and would have been very appropriate in the 1960's or so. In the 21st century I am afraid we are beyond that kind of romanticism, thanks to the blessings of free trade we are now limited to the hard figures in the various balance sheets.
I was not necessarily thinking of something big but a nice gesture would be appropriate imho.
SN539 wrote: I think that if the same events should occur in ANR or LGG, BRU would react on the same way. So just normal solidarity ... And, if I want to welcome the efforts and the organisation made by ANR and LGG, they certainly were not fully "losers" in the adventure (airport taxes, shops, parrkings, ...).
Absolutely! I agree with you, but it doesn't preclude a "recognition" gesture imho.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Hi

How are the Geneva flights running? I only see on Flightradar24 the flights from/to Caen.
It is still running, right??.

b720

Post by b720 »

The Chalair flight is a great experience. I took it from ANR Thursdy 8 April the 18:00 flight. We were 8 pax. Very old fashioned way of travel deliciously refreshing these days. It was raining, we were taken by a mini van to the plane. as opposed to usual walk from the gate at ANR.Had to wait about 10 min in the van while they fueled the aircraft. No Flight attendant! Cockpit crew receive the guests upon embarking, they check that seats are fastened. Cockpit is open!! No door! seats are 1 by 1 window and aisle for each seat. 1h20 min we were in GVA. Taken by bus to the terminal.
Returned yesterday, monday dep. GVA 09:55 11 pax. bused to the aircraft, had to wait about 10 min in the bus while the aircraft was fueling, and as the plane has no lavatory, there was a mobile WC in a container at the tarmac in GVA, next to the aircraft. Pax were permitted to use it while the aircraft was being refueled. I am flying back on Friday, shall take pics and post. Cheaper fares sell out very fast!! I think that once they have 8-9 seats booked the fares become astronomical for the rest. There are 19 seats on the plane. 8 rows 1 x 1 and the last (9th) 3 adjacent seats, like a bunk at the rear end of a school bus. Check in agent in GVA told me that the flight had 3 seats blocked for hand luggage??? Or maybe weight restrictions? There are no overhead bins.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Greens want Antwerp airport closed. This infuriates Marcel Buelens, CEO of Antwerp and Ostend airports on behalf of airport operator Egis (and former CEO of Charleroi airport).

http://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/luchtvaar ... 7-3085.art
André
ex Sabena #26567

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

sn26567 wrote:The Greens want Antwerp airport closed. This infuriates Marcel Buelens, CEO of Antwerp and Ostend airports on behalf of airport operator Egis (and former CEO of Charleroi airport).

What's new, they are actively working on achieving that ever since they where in charge of the neighbouring city (Mortsel).

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Indeed nothing new, old news! Just ignore them. By ignoring them you reduce them from "something" to "nothing".

I think that ebaw did a great job the last weeks and it is showing what it is capable of. Keep up the good job (y).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

b720 wrote:The Chalair flight is a great experience. I took it from ANR Thursdy 8 April the 18:00 flight. We were 8 pax.
Interesting report. How much did you pay? I wonder if such flights can ever be profitable, unless the load factor is closer to 100% and / or the price high.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

For me, this action of the Greens doesn't show that much respect. You can complain that there are more planes than normal yes, but it was only temporary. They shouldn't also forget the reason. It isn't like that that they went voluntarily to Antwerp instead of Brussels Airport. And last but not least: if you buy or rent or build a house in the near proximity, then don't start complaining about the sound planes make. That would be just the same as you go live next to a railroad and start complaining about passing trains...

b720

Post by b720 »

Fares are rather high.. I took them again ANR-GVA friday april 15 dep. 13:35 check in closes 30 min in advance, but if one arrives a few minutes later it is ok. Airport was empty, we were only 4 pax on the flight. I paid about EUR 130 for this segment. I returned Monday the 18th. dep. GVA at 09:55 we were 12 pax. flight almost full!! I paid a bit over 300 EUR for this segment. The week before I paid a little bit more prices..
If booked in advance the cheapest fare is about EUR 250 return, but as the plane fills up will get to 400 or even 400 one way. We (colleagues and I) are very satisfied with the experience. Saves us lots of time, still cheaper than SN FLEX fares, minus the BRU disaster these days.. will continue flying them.
Very convenient. Even in GVA check in closes 30 min before departure.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:The Greens want Antwerp airport closed. This infuriates Marcel Buelens, CEO of Antwerp and Ostend airports on behalf of airport operator Egis (and former CEO of Charleroi airport).
saratoga wrote:Indeed nothing new, old news! Just ignore them. By ignoring them you reduce them from "something" to "nothing". I think that ebaw did a great job the last weeks and it is showing what it is capable of. Keep up the good job (y).
Indeed. Best reaction is: koelen zonder blazen. Not to react. The Greens try to use the momentum for their utopia plan.

Till Brussels Airport re-opened after 22/03, Antwerp had more jet aircraft each day then they previously had in a month. I live on 2 kms from the airport and I don't care, but I can understand that other people didn't liked it. So there really were a lot of notices/complaints. However, that's all history now, so best thing to do for the airport: install a task force. First meeting, due to agenda restrictions and holiday plans, in September...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

flightlover wrote:
What's new, they are actively working on achieving that ever since they where in charge of the neighbouring city (Mortsel).
Unizo Antwerpen, the retail organization for Antwerp, totally disagrees with Groen. Nico Volckeryck, spokesman Unizo Antwerpen, even wants a direct railway line between Antwerpen Centraal (= main station) and the airport:
http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20160420_02247 ... ven-deurne

Quite funny actually: not that long ago, Nico Volckeryck, who runs a fashion shop in Antwerpen's Kammenstraat, was a member of the Antwerp City Council for... Groen.

Het kan verkeren, zei Bredero.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Do i see correct now on flightradar24 : chalair now using the atr aircraft to Geneva????