2016 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

jan_olieslagers

Re: 2016 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by jan_olieslagers »

ANR-LCY service relocated to Southend for one week, and operated by a Danish Air Transport ATR42:
http://www.cityjet.com/notice/flight-disruption/

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

Plse read info on Cityjet website correctly. One (1) flight per day will be operating to/from Southend, other flights will continue to operate to/from London City. And all back to normal as from 1st July, meaning all flights to/from LCY. Thx ;)

jan_olieslagers

Guilty, your honour.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Chalair announced the opening of a new scheduled service from Antwerp to Hamburg. Daily on weekdays.
As from sept 2x daily

And Antwerp to Geneva, as from sept 2x daily.

Good news for Antwerp Airport. :)

jan_olieslagers

Good news indeed - I was (so to speak) holding my heart about the Geneva service. If they now increase the frequency, it must show they had a certain degree of success even with their limited offer, and I am sure the route will now become a good deal more attractive.

Hamburg I am afraid am less hopeful, it has been tried before, at least once - just like Rotterdam-Hamburg.

b720

Post by b720 »

Great news indeed... they seem to be starting Hamburg july 4.
Hamburg seemed to be doing well for VLM. Chalair might be able to pull it off with their 19 seater Beech 1900.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

;)
b720 wrote:Great news indeed... they seem to be starting Hamburg july 4.
Hamburg seemed to be doing well for VLM. Chalair might be able to pull it off with their 19 seater Beech 1900.
The last time i took VLM to hamburg we where with 14 passengers ...
PS Mr. Van gaever just spread a press release, tomorrow he will hold a pressconference. I wonder about what that will be :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Shengenzone wrote:Mr. Van Gaever just spread a press release, tomorrow he will hold a press conference
Will you attend and report to us? ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

sn26567 wrote:
Shengenzone wrote:Mr. Van Gaever just spread a press release, tomorrow he will hold a press conference
Will you attend and report to us? ;)
Unfortianetly i am in poland for an interview with LOT polish airlines. But VRT is gonna be there so i will ask the details to the journalist.
i do however will be attending the next meeting of the previous personal on july 1st.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

PS. LOT is not considering Antwerp in it's plan to double in size in the next 5 years. They think the location is to close to Brussels airport and that the competition will be to big now Ryanair announced they would move their flight from modlin and charleroi to Chopin and Zaventem.
The route launched from Luxembourg on march 1st. however is doing better than they expected. A real shame for the polish community in Antwerp...

Stij

Post by Stij »

Shengenzone wrote:A real shame for the polish community in Antwerp...
Why? LOT is right!

Even by public transport BRU is just 20min further from the Antwerp City Centre.

So as long as BRU isn't saturated, business destinations will remain a problem for ANR as business people like flexibility and therefore need frequency. So airlines try to focus on one airport, as long as it isn't saturated and they're not far apart. I think the story would have been different if BRU would have been on the other side of Brussels, but it's not...

So why can Jetairfly pull of the trick then? Leisure Pax, they don't care about frequency and like, especially older people, the small terminal.

Maybe this is a better business case for ANR and for OST as well: Leisure destinations from a small compact airport in your garden.

Cheers,

Stij

PttU

Post by PttU »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Chalair announced the opening of a new scheduled service from Antwerp to Hamburg. Daily on weekdays.
As from sept 2x daily

And Antwerp to Geneva, as from sept 2x daily.

Good news for Antwerp Airport. :)
But Caen is dropped from their timetable?

b720

Post by b720 »

it seems so, already for a few weeks.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Heard the DAT ATR will stay at least untill MID SEP2016 and will soon be stickered with CityJet colours.

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

AAI

Post by AAI »

that's good news
a 50-seater is the ideal plane for ANR operations!

PttU

Post by PttU »

AAI wrote:that's good news
a 50-seater is the ideal plane for ANR operations!
I've been on a few ANR-LCY or vice-versa flights with all 50 seats filled. For this service a few more seats aren't bad. Passenger-wise an Avro would make sense on this route, but I don't know the impact of a jet versus a prop on this route...

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

I agree that a 50 seater is a little too small for ANR-LCY. Many times the evening flights from LCY to ANR are fully booked a week in advance. Same for the early mornings from ANR. This way they are loosing passengers since they need to look for another option for their trip.

An ATR72(68 seats) would be a better option. Not much more operational costs than the ATR42 (48 seats) and landing changes are the same at LCY (charged per landing) and actually lower per seat: example peak landing charge (before 0745) 1134 GBP per landing, ATR42 24 GBP per seat and ATR72 17GBP. Average cost can be reduced by 30%... of course you have more/other charges at the airport too and you have to sell 20 seats more

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

DIBO wrote:Joking apart, recently EGIS and JAF are doing their best to increase the support for the Green and the 'close the airport' campaign. There was a lot of support for the JAF flights out of Antwerp when they started. People like the convenience of the nearby, cosy, little airport. But that was the period when early JAF arrivals were around 9am at the earliest, and the last departures before 8pm. Now there are flights in the evening departing at 10:30pm, arriving up to 11:40pm (delayed flight + extending aerodrome opening hrs.) and in the morning arriving just minutes after the first runway inspection has finished at 6:35am and departing around 7am. Even on Sunday mornings!! JAF, you are waking up children/people during the week and whole families during the weekend. Any idea how silent a city can be at 6:30am on a Sunday, an how much noise an arrival over the city or a departure towards the city and over the suburbs can create!!?? And I am a total aviation fan, 100% pro aviation, 200% pro EBAW, and totally love the E190 as a spotter and a passenger. But I tried my whole live to be objective and fair. And the airport was there before anybody else. But not with these very early/late arrivals/departures. Sabena's 737-200's were massively more louder, but didn't fly in the weekend (and I don't remember such early departures during the week). And the exceptional early morning departures to Jersey of up to 6 DC-6 each with 4x P&W Double Wasp radials, was music, not noise at all. So JAF, if you care about ANR, think twice about your schedules...or buy some CS-100's...
I have to agree with DIBO: when Egis and Jetairfly continue like this, they endanger the future of the airport. In 2008, the minister has limited operations to limit the noise harassment for the region: the number of training flights was reduced from max 23.000/year (2009) to max 10.000/year (2022), plus a limitation to 09h-19h, plus no touch and go’s on Sundays. These limitations are now undone by commercial aviation.

For commercial reasons, Jetairfly plans three return flights each day. But that can only be realized via an early departure and a late arrival. Although Jetairfly respects the legal limit (06h30-23h00 except delayed flights), many thousands of people nowadays suffer from noise they never ever had before. Examples: Friday morning: departure to Barcelona: engines 06h32, take off 06h40 towards Borsbeek/Vremde. Friday evening: landing from Ibiza at 23h27. This morning: departure to Alicante: engines 06h32 engines, take off 06h35 towards the city. Even when you don't live nearby the airport, such take off wakes up your children who sleep with windows open.

Antwerp Airport has a milieuvergunning (environment licence) for a business airport with leisure activities. Egis is flirting with this: they’re changing the airport into a leisure airport with business activities. When LOT would fly to ANR, the airport enemies have another legal argument to ask the Raad van State / Conseil D'Etat for the cancellation of the environment licence. Let's not forget that most of those committees are filled with eco fundamentalists who don't care about employment or business importance.

When ANR wants to counter that, they should amend the take off time for jet aircraft from 06h30 to a more decent 08h00. As a precaution, not in defence when it's too late. Even when this would mean only 2 Jetairfly destinations are possible each day.

See also
http://www.antwerp-airport.be/contentpa ... p?p=milieu

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Antwerp airport has a full license for commercial traffic and is not limited to business operations with some leisure activities only.

Every Jetairfly flights is scheduled and they are not charter flights.

Touch and go's I can make every 5 min if I want with my Cessna 172, 10 movements per hour... 6 Jetair movents in a day in nothing.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

koninckske wrote:Antwerp airport has a full license for commercial traffic.
6 Jetair movements in a day in nothing.
It's not a discussion about operating within legal limits, it's about maintaining support from your neighbors. 6 large jet movements during office hours is nothing (although a CS100 would be better ;-) ). A few large jet movements very early/late, especially during W.E. is starting to bother people that are impacted (some of them were pro the Jetairflights at the start).
And comparing T&G's of a C172, with departures of an E190, is total nonsense if you look at the noise footprint over densely populated areas. And the time frame when T&G's are allowed (+/-daytime, excl.Sun/Hol), is also the time frame when people are awake and E190 operations do not bother people too much