Loop: Brussels Airlines' new frequent flyer programme

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

BAAV

Re: Loop: Brussels Airlines' new frequent flyer programme

Post by BAAV »

Congrats to SN in offering a new programme for European focused customers

I am getting to similar number of 30 plus flights needed as Airazurtor with a 69 euro ticket but that assumes fuel cost is taken onboard and also gives the right to loops (Barcelona 10 euro ticket + 10 euro fuel, rest tax)

Does anyone know if the base in Euro to calculate the number of loops excludes besides taxes also the fuel surcharge? If not included, applying the example they use on their website it can make a difference: 135 euro + 30 fuel + 45 tax = 210 euro actually paid to get to 2000 loops with 5 flights (Stockholm example) or 180 euro if fuel gives loops. I am assuming fuel charges give you loops

that would still be more advantageous than number of miles needed to geT a European flight with min of 10000 miles (unlikely to have many of those deals) on lowest miles of 250 return (and miles and more charges you more taxes than the taxes on a paid ticket but as already said miles and more is only useful if you fly intercontinental

Happy to be corrected, I did this quickly out of curiosity...

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote: For instance, you'll get a free 69 euros trip after having paid 34 such trips.
Not bad, and the Brussels Airlines customers sure will appreciate, but I doubt if it's enough to lure the LCC passengers away from easyJet or Ryanair.
Strange quote for someone who pretends one can never find these 69EUR fares 8-)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

From the SN website :
-------
Earn 3 LOOPs per euro spent on Brussels Airlines operated flights in Europe. Book before 31/12 and we’ll double it to 6 LOOPs!

Earn LOOPs for every euro you spend on the flight fare, but also on air transportation charges and on extra luggage. Costs for third parties, such as airport taxes, are not eligible for LOOPs.

Easy to earn, simple to use (possible as from next spring)

Start using your Loops each time you save 5000 or take five return flights.

You can use LOOPs not only to cover the fare, but also the air transportation charges and extra baggage.
-------
But I can't find how much is worth a loop - can somebody help ?

From La Libre on net :

According to Brussels Airlines, five return tickets paid are enough to get a sixth free.
The airport taxes , almost 25 euros in Zaventem, are still to be paid. .
http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... b92fd74c4e
Last edited by airazurxtror on 20 Oct 2015, 09:54, edited 2 times in total.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I'm always amazed to see grown up people change their behavior to earn more miles/loops/points/stickers/etc while inherently everybody knows they are just a cheap trick to increase the perceived value of what is being provided to the customer. 100 loops sounds like you're a millionaire in the making. Curious to see the average reaction if your paycheck would all of a sudden be payed out in loops :)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

teddybAIR wrote:I'm always amazed to see grown up people change their behavior to earn more miles/loops/points/stickers/etc while inherently everybody knows they are just a cheap trick to increase the perceived value of what is being provided to the customer. 100 loops sounds like you're a millionaire in the making. Curious to see the average reaction if your paycheck would all of a sudden be payed out in loops :)
As all fidelity programs; from the Delhaize card, to the stamp card at your sandwich stand to ...yes indeed SN's Loop program; it is all about binding customers to your brand. It might come as a shocker but I guess that is what SN is trying to do.
Some study in marketing principles might give you more insight...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The value of a LOOP is irrelevant, in the same way as nobody knows the exact value of a mile (& more) or an avio. Only the prizes are relevant. Nathalie Erdmanis gave two examples during the press conference:

1. A retired couple flies to a vacation home in the French Provence through Nice airport. If they fly Light&Relax, it will take them 5 trips to collect enough LOOPs for an extra trip to Nice.

2. A business executive flies once a month to London in Flex&Fast. After three trips taken in November and December, she has enough LOOPs to take her fiancé in May to the capital of romance, Venice.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

the fact that we can collect with more people is super nice.
I'll do that with my collegues
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Acid-drop wrote:the fact that we can collect with more people is super nice.
I'll do that with my colleagues
I'm afraid this will be impossible, unless your colleagues are your family :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:The value of a LOOP is irrelevant
That so ?
Erdmanis :
Le modèle de Brussels Airlines est tout différent et se base plutôt sur le prix du billet que sur les "miles" accumulés. "En fait, c’est le même principe qu’une carte Delhaize"

A Delhaize card : you buy for 2 euros, you get one point. For 500 points, you get a 5 euros voucher as a rebate on your next buy. Clear, simple, practical.
At Brussels Airlines it's much less clear, in fact it's not clear at all.
"La riposte de Brussels Airlines à Ryanair" ?
Ryanair has nothing to fear, I am sure ...

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Before this gets out of hand... I'd like to remind everybody that discussions with valid arguments are encouraged. Hissy-fits With blows underneath the belt, not so much.
Thomas

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote: A Delhaize card : you buy for 2 euros, you get one point. For 500 points, you get a 5 euros voucher as a rebate on your next buy. Clear, simple, practical.
At Brussels Airlines it's much less clear, in fact it's not clear at all.
Uhm you spend 1 EUR and you get 3 loops (or read points!). Once you have 2000 loops you can start using them : take a free ticket or deduct the number of loops from the total price if you don;t have enough loops.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

OO-ITR wrote: Once you have 2000 loops you can start using them : take a free ticket or deduct the number of loops from the total price if you don;t have enough loops.
What is so difficult not to understand about that???
What I don't catch is how many euros you may deduct from the total price, with your 2000 loops.

b720

Post by b720 »

It is very simple... If your travel is within Europe, and you often fly Brussels airlines, and you DO NOT have a miles and more associated credit card, then you should join LOOP.. it is the best on offer to reap some benefits,,, same way many have a Delhaize card.. come to think of it after spending 1000 eur in Delhaize one gets a 5 eur voucher!!! almost negligible... The current Miles and More model is really obsolete when it comes to European travel... 15000 or 20000 miles plus almost 200 eur in taxes and fees... ridiculous... knowing that most EUR fares get between 125 and 750 miles in Light and relax.. make the calculation... even worse than the del haize 5 eur every 1000 spent. I think that Loop makes it faster to redeem free travel, or discounts..

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567 wrote:
Acid-drop wrote:the fact that we can collect with more people is super nice.
I'll do that with my colleagues
I'm afraid this will be impossible, unless your colleagues are your family :)
are you sure ? I don't see any reference to this limitation.
They mention a "household pool", but this is just naming no ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

crew1990 wrote:
OO-ITR wrote:What is so difficult not to understand about that???
OO-ITR wrote:Honey don't break your head over it. you won't be flying SN anyway... ;)
Why being so provocative?!
And why havent these posts from ITR not been deleted yet mods?

Are those constructive valid arguments??

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

I would understand a household pool as a family. As that is what tends to be a group of people living at the same adress. As, these days, that isn't necessarily the case in legal terms, they call it a household pool.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

i've mailed them. It's not clear for me.
The goal is to encourage people to fly more on SN. Family or not.
Wait & see

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Acid-drop wrote:i've mailed them. It's not clear for me.
The goal is to encourage people to fly more on SN. Family or not.
Wait & see
But families are a bigger group of customers than 'random' groups of collegues or friends (they try to focus a lot on families, also with the b.family program for example, as this is a very important group of leisure travelers that is easy persuaded to opt for a cheap holiday with LCC's), although it would be nice indeed if it would be possible.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

At the press conference, it was clearly mentioned that a household pool means people living at the same address.
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

It is very clear: "living under the same roof".. Family, unmarried couple, boy friend boy friend, girl friend girl friend, 3 guys menage a 3 ... brother sister and another brother... a "conventional family" LIVING under the SAME ROOF.. That means that your son or daughter who moved out and lives with his/her boy friend can not be looped ... they can loop themsleves with whoever lives under their roof..