SWISS Outlines Boeing 777 European Operations

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TheFlyingSultan

SWISS Outlines Boeing 777 European Operations

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

Pretty interesting!
I myself booked GVA-ZRH for € 70 which I find a pretty cool flight to take on a widebody.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/09/29/lx-777eu-feb16/

TheFlyingSultan

sn26567

Re: SWISS Outlines Boeing 777 European Operations

Post by sn26567 »

But no LX 777 flights to BRU: that would have been great news!
André
ex Sabena #26567

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Tempting ;-)
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

TheFlyingSultan

sn26567 wrote:But no LX 777 flights to BRU: that would have been great news!
Indeed but this is relatively close to home, GVA has excellent connections with BRU and ANR. Also, such a short flight on the T7 and Swiss' new flagship - I couldn't resist.
quixoticguide wrote:Tempting ;-)
It was for me, I gave in :mrgreen:

The FlyingSultan

Everett

Post by Everett »

Tempting too ;-)
Indeed very good and cheap connections with GVA but not with ZRH in my opinion.
Correct me if I'm wrong

TheFlyingSultan

Everett wrote:Tempting too ;-)
Indeed very good and cheap connections with GVA but not with ZRH in my opinion.
Correct me if I'm wrong
Exactly, from ZRH to BRU is more difficult - that is if you want a one way. You can go back to GVA from ZRH, by Swiss or Etihad Regional, fares are affordable. And from there on back to BRU, all possible in 1 day (of nothing goes wrong).
Or go directly ZRH-BRU and create another itinerary later in the year to fly BRU-ZRH or beyond on that same ticket.

TheFlyingSultan

Everett

Post by Everett »

Thanks flyingsultan!
I'm considering by doing it in 2 days. That way i would spend half day in ZRH for planespotting and would avoid the stress to take 3 or 4 flights in one day. It will cost much more (surely with an overnight stay) but it is for a good purpose ;-) coming back from GVA with U2 or SN and the way up with SN or LX. One more question: is it always cheaper to buy a return ticket as well ( I checked and it is a bit more expensive) and with some airlines you have to pay a fee if you don't show up others don't?
Everett

TheFlyingSultan

Everett wrote:Thanks flyingsultan!
I'm considering by doing it in 2 days. That way i would spend half day in ZRH for planespotting and would avoid the stress to take 3 or 4 flights in one day. It will cost much more (surely with an overnight stay) but it is for a good purpose ;-) coming back from GVA with U2 or SN and the way up with SN or LX. One more question: is it always cheaper to buy a return ticket as well ( I checked and it is a bit more expensive) and with some airlines you have to pay a fee if you don't show up others don't?
Everett
Usually it’s cheaper to buy a return ticket, in my experience a one way or dayreturn with Swiss or Lufthansa or KLM or... is virtually not possible due to exorbitant fares. However every now and then you can find a good fare. Also if you don’t show, most airllines don’t bother, you paid anyway. Only in case when you don’t use a portion of your ticket regularly, you might go on the ‘black list’ or so, but that’s very rare I think.
In any case, enjoy your trip (if you book it), be it 1 or 2 days! Also thought about flying from ANR to GVA on VLM Airlines, they go twice daily.

TheFlyingSultan

Everett

Post by Everett »

Well I gave in too ;-)

Booked BRU-ZRH day 1 ( including enough spotting time), ZRH-GVA-BRU day 2. All flights with LX (sure the one from ZRH to GVA:-) or SN. The night stay still to be booked.
Now counting till next year.
Thanks again TheFlyingSultan, enjoy your trip and keep me informed about your report
Everett

TheFlyingSultan

Everett wrote:Well I gave in too ;-)

Booked BRU-ZRH day 1 ( including enough spotting time), ZRH-GVA-BRU day 2. All flights with LX (sure the one from ZRH to GVA:-) or SN. The night stay still to be booked.
Now counting till next year.
Thanks again TheFlyingSultan, enjoy your trip and keep me informed about your report
Everett
Very nice, I'm sure you (we) will enjoy trying out this new 777 carrier. My report will surely come sooner or later :)

TheFlyingSultan