Lufthansa CEO: "SN could become part of Eurowings"

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Didymus

Re: Lufthansa CEO: "SN could become part of Eurowings"

Post by Didymus »

A nationality is not a race and Eastern Europeans are Caucasians, just like most Belgians, but please cut the crap.

What's the use of having a competition on who's the most Belgian airline? We live in a global village and everyone has his or her personal preferences.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

epsilon wrote:
OO-ITR wrote:
And whatever Brussels Airlines its name will be in the future, BrusselsWings, Germanwings, Eurowings, whateverwings... it will at least be 50 times more Belgian than those ... and other low costs of this world. Because with SN the vast majority in the BRU hub are actually...Belgian!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
As Ryanair employee (and Belgian), I'm quite offended by that racist remark...
And I am offended by people thinking they know SN when they don't know anything at all !

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Finally! brussels airlines will keep its name!

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... 598ca6457f
oh how embarrassing for those SN bashers. They were already full of joy and excitement based on an article in HLN. A newspaper that would be called unreliable and trash newspaper if they would write a negative article on Ryanair, but now in this case is the Holy Bible...

In Dutch we say : Verkoop de huid van de beer niet vooraleer hij geschoten is... which literally means : don't sell the bear's fur before it has been shot.

And whatever Brussels Airlines its name will be in the future, BrusselsWings, Germanwings, Eurowings, whateverwings... it will at least be 50 times more Belgian than those... and other low costs of this world. Because with SN the vast majority in the BRU hub are actually...Belgian!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You really showed your true colours here. Im happy my mind extends a bit further than de kerktoren van Steenokkerzeel

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

No fight please, peace guys :-) Thank you.
OO-ITR wrote:In Dutch we say : Verkoop de huid van de beer niet vooraleer hij geschoten is... which literally means : don't sell the bear's fur before it has been shot.
And in french we used to say "Ne vend pas la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué"

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

crew1990 wrote: And in french we used to say "Ne vends pas la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué"
... and also : "Qui vivra verra".
Time will tell !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Please guys, keep the head cool, even in these temperatures. ;)

It's obvious to everybody that the title in HLN was rather sensational as they took a comment from the CEO about Brussels airlines 'physically becoming BrusselsWings' quite litterally at first, whereas it was clearly ment to say they will operate pretty mych just like them, and will work closely together with them, sometimes even for them. All of that makes much sense to do, to me and cant be a very big surprise either.

Not very smart from the CEO of Lufthansa to deviate from his press conference script and start to improvise a bit by inventing new names. It's not the first time they did this BTW; the new Eurowings was launched by the press as 'Direct4U' not so long ago after that name was used at a press briefing too, a name which was just the project name, it showed in hindsight.

Not very smart from HLN to think a scoop like this would be announced almost haphazardly by a minority shareholder at a press conference abroad, and be picked up by a newpaper like them only. ;)
Expect such things to go through the more normal communication channels and only after them having been taken over in full first.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:
You really showed your true colours here. Im happy my mind extends a bit further than de kerktoren van Steenokkerzeel
you have showed your own true coulours on here quiet often too. I must say I am not really impressed. And it seems I am not the only one...
Strange you keep making the same remark about the few German pilots then. That is at least much further than the kerktoren of Steenokkerzeel...

Stij

Post by Stij »

And back on topic!!!

All non on topic posts will be removed as from now.

Stij

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
you have showed your own true coulours on here quiet often too. I must say I am not really impressed. And it seems I am not the only one...
Strange you keep making the same remark about the few German pilots then. That is at least much further than the kerktoren of Steenokkerzeel...
Obviously you didnt read properly. I have nothing against german pilots, or any other nationality for that matter. With the planned absorption of SN into eurowings (and it doesnt matter wheter you change names or not) it's clear what strategy LH is following here.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Future colours of SN's A330s ? (I'm joking of course!)

André
ex Sabena #26567