Brussels Airlines to open new route to Bremen as of 14 September 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

Brussels Airlines to open new route to Bremen as of 14 September 2015

Post by tolipanebas »

Brussels Airlines starts 5 weekly flights to BREMEN as trom September 14th.

Official confirmation to fellow soon....

crew1990

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by crew1990 »

As the Summer 2016 is already open, I create that special one just to speculate about the futur development of the fleet, network and time table of SN.

My bet will be that the next destination next summer for Brussels Airlines will be

Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
This is to me the next destination to be opened after having open Ibiza this year, it would be a good destination in cooperation of Thomas Cook.

Antalya (AYT)
One of the most important tourist destination for Belgian, SN already operate some charter flight on behalf of Thomas Cook, Club Med and Sunweb.

Thessaloniki (SKG)
This is the second biggest city of Greece, there is no direct flight yet I think, and could be have a code share agreement with Aegean.

Nantes (NTE)
It would be another good addition in the SN network in France.

Genoa (GOA)
Another important city in Italy with great potential and no direct concurrence.

Bremen (BRE) (with night stop)
To fortify the Germany network with a code share agreement with Lufthansa.

For the long haul destination and if a A330 is added to the fleet. I would say

Accra (ACC), Bamako (BKO), Lagos (LOS) if addition in Africa

Montreal (YUL) if addition in North America
Brussels Airlines managment listened to my sugestion :-D well just kidding

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Regarding the booking engine, it will be operated on ERJ145 of BMI from Monday to Friday, late flight

But as the ERJ145 of BMI is as well flying to Bristol at the same time, would it mean that a second ERJ145 will be leased?
Last edited by crew1990 on 04 Jun 2015, 16:11, edited 2 times in total.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

The official press release with more information.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... s-airport/

Bristol is explicitly mentioned in the press release as a connecting option, next to TLS and MAD (all of which are Airbus sites).

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Actually the weird thing is that the aircraft looks like it's based in BRE

Monday to Friday

BRE 19.00 20.10 BRU
BRU 21.00 22.00 BRE

Stij

Post by Stij »

crew1990 wrote:Actually the weird thing is that the aircraft looks like it's based in BRE
Not weird at all! BMI has a plane based there that operates to TLS once a day. In fact they could easily operate from BRE a morning rotation to BRU and then to TLS and then an evening rotation to BRU again.

Cheers,

Stij

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea because the actual timetable is no good for the EU officials, there is a friday evening connection which is good but no sunday evening or monday morning connection.

This route need definitely a morning connection for the businessman willing to go on a one day meeting in Bremen or Brussels without having to spent a nightie a hotel.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

more frequencies will be added if the route is successful, they are smart to start with their smallest aircraft as it can be upgraded to Q400 and maybe avro/319 but no morning flight makes it a strange schedule and as crew1990 said will a second ER4 be leased with Brussels Airlines titles ? because otherwise it's not really SN's flight but operated by BMI and/or in code share with them (just to be recognizable for pax it's the best to have brussels airlines titles on it or it'll be too confusing)
Citybird
The flying dream

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

The fact that there is no title on the aircraft doesn't make that it's not a SN flight. It will be a Brussels Airlines flight commercialized by Brussels Airlines but operated by BMI on behalf of SN a little bit like the morning flight from/to paris operated by Europe Airpost on be halve of SN.

The first ERJ145 is used on the BRU - BRS route, the ERJ145 used for the BRE flight will be owned by BMI and so not on the SN fleet.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

yes you're right .. But by checking the website it's already mentioned in stead of the SN logo it shows a BM logo. I must say it's an expensive route 355 euro on way and only possible to book in flex&fast no L&R and C&G
Citybird
The flying dream

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

The logo is because it's operated by BMI, go tho the website of SN try to book a flight to Bristol you will see the logo of BMI appearing too,then go on the website of BMI try to book a flight from Brussels to Bristol and you'll see that even if the flight is operated by BMI and that you see the BMI logo on the website of SN, you will not be able to book it because this is a commercialized by SN but operate on a wet lease base by BMI. It's very common in Germany for example Germania or Tui Fly which was flying for Air Berlin, this was some Air Berlin flight operated by other airlines. In the case of Germania we had a few aircraft painted in Air Berlin with a wall logo "operated by Germania" we even had the uniform of Air Berlin, but it happen as well that we operated this flight with our Germania painted aircraft, I even did one with a Gambia Bird Airline livery.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stij wrote:
crew1990 wrote:Actually the weird thing is that the aircraft looks like it's based in BRE
Not weird at all! BMI has a plane based there that operates to TLS once a day. In fact they could easily operate from BRE a morning rotation to BRU and then to TLS and then an evening rotation to BRU again.
In their press release, SN hopes to cater to Airbus employees travelling between the different sites of the company. But why would they travel from BRE to TLS via BRU if they have direct flights?
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote: In their press release, SN hopes to cater to Airbus employees travelling between the different sites of the company. But why would they travel from BRE to TLS via BRU if they have direct flights?
One example, if you go on a one-day trip (although not bookable online to combine BRE-TLS with TLS-BRU-BRU, but I wouldn't be suprised if this is offered in a company contract with Airbus or something on the basis of an interline agreement between SN and bmi), you can leave TLS at 18:10 and still make it to BRE the same evening, while bmi's flight already leaves TLS at 16:45. SN also offers connections to Bristol and Madrid, two other key Airbus locations that lack proper connectivity to/from Bremen.

Also in the past with the OLT flights to BRU, apperently there were quite a lot of Airbus employees flying through to TLS despite non-stop flights also existing at that time.

In combination with the local demand, this can be a nice addition to the SN and BRU network. In view of the bmi schedule of BRE-TLS, an evening flight also makes sense. It doesn't always have to be a double daily and/or a morning flight.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

RoMax wrote:In combination with the local demand, this can be a nice addition to the SN and BRU network. In view of the bmi schedule of BRE-TLS, an evening flight also makes sense. It doesn't always have to be a double daily and/or a morning flight.
Still, if they want to attract the people working in the EU commuting for the weekend, they definitely need or a monday morning flight or a late sunday flight

Flanker2

Re: Brussels Airlines to open new route to Bremen as of 14 September 2015

Post by Flanker2 »

I don't know what happened at SN lately but I think that Gustin is starting to see the light.

SN needs this kind of regional operations as this is the weakness of many LCC's and legacies alike.
IMO this is a first step in the right direction, but they need dozens more of this kind of routes because this brings a world of opportunities to SN. It doesn't matter if they're 150 kilometers away or 1500 kilometers away.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

crew1990 wrote: Still, if they want to attract the people working in the EU commuting for the weekend, they definitely need or a monday morning flight or a late sunday flight
Taking into consideration the overall market and especially the Airbus-related market (maybe a lucrative Airbus-contract in place already?) in combination with bmi's schedule (and probably the availability of aircraft), this is the best start-up scenario. If the route performs well, the next step indeed could be to add a Sunday evening or Monday/weekday morning flight(s). Also it's not that all EU officials traveling between BRU and BRE are commuting for the weekend. Would be different when talking about a capital-to-capital route, but a large part of the EU-related market involves people that don't spend the whole week in Brussels.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Nice addition!
Bremen used to be served by Sabena too.
Maybe in future, they reconsider Nuremberg or why not, Dresden? (out of personal interest, I admit)
About the schedule: it seems to me they quickly launched it on the back of an opportunity offered.
Wouldn't be surprised to see schedule optimization in the winter time table from November, provided such is possible. What does this BMI plane do on a Sunday evening, or the Monday morning for instance? And will it still do that flight in winter? BMI seems to really be in the business to become the LH group regional feeder, especially with all the airlines of the group upscaling their fleet: Austrian being the latest to quit the small Fokker for bigger planes.

White Light

Post by White Light »

Honestly, with such a timetable, I wonder how long these flights will operate before they abandon them ?
(just like the evening/night flight to/from Moscow).

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

White Light wrote:Honestly, with such a timetable, I wonder how long these flights will operate before they abandon them ?
(just like the evening/night flight to/from Moscow).
I assume they will have this flight until the winter schedule and give then better hours for connections day-return trips. I think for now, they just have put this up as promotion. Maybe SN is planning something bigger and they don't want this news to get snowed in ?

There could be many reasons !

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Anyway... good to see a new dot on the SN map and esp. in Germany!