BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by nordikcam »

RoMax wrote:
VEX802 wrote:According to ML-Tours Brussels Airlines will start flights to Al Hoceima on 11 june 2016.

http://mltours.nl
But will it be a scheduled route or a charter?
It will be flight SN 1137 and back SN 1138...charter flight I guess !

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I did a quick check on the Brussels Airlines website to find out the destination for the summer and i did a few discoveries.

It seems that the flights to tenerife and gran canaria are only during the winter season. It's a shame but in the mean time it reduce the differences in number of flight between summer and winter.

I din't find any flight to Bordeaux so I guess the flight didn't work last year.

And finally I didn't found and flights operated by SN to Malta which is weird to me as the route got an upgrade last year.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

crew1990 wrote:I did a quick check on the Brussels Airlines website to find out the destination for the summer and i did a few discoveries.

It seems that the flights to tenerife and gran canaria are only during the winter season. It's a shame but in the mean time it reduce the differences in number of flight between summer and winter.

I din't find any flight to Bordeaux so I guess the flight didn't work last year.

And finally I didn't found and flights operated by SN to Malta which is weird to me as the route got an upgrade last year.
I'd suggest you keep an eye for SN's press conference,some exciting things will be announced with regards to summer 2016 ;)

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I don't doubt of that, we already receive a couple of interesting information internally. But I'm exited to know more about this :-) Do you know when will be this press conference, it seem there will be many thing to say!

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

Judging from what I've read my educated guess is somewhere in November but I don't know for sure so we'll have to wait and see

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Again rumours that Jet Airways will finally move from BRU to AMS as from next summer.
They would keep one route to BRU : DEL or BOM.

Oppurtunity for Air India , Brussels Airlines , Air Canada ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

SAS resumes 3rd frequency on Oslo-Brussels route. Flights operated by CR9, which is uncommon outside Copenhagen. Either this is one of the new Cityjet-planes or they have redefined the use of their Cimber aircraft.

SK4741 Oslo-Brussels 1255-1450 12345-- CR9
SK4742 Brussels-Oslo 1520-1705 12345-- CR9

Effective 18 April 2016

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

FR cancels route BRU-VRN :(

EZY cancels routes BRU-TLS and BRU-LGW :o

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Boeing767copilot wrote:FR cancels route BRU-VRN :(

EZY cancels routes BRU-TLS and BRU-LGW :o
Wooow... quite surprising if you ask me! How can we explain that?!?!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

... but opens CRL-VRN :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

sn26567 wrote:
... but opens CRL-VRN :)
So... repositioning but not a "true" cancellation! FR never retreats ;-)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

But good job for SN on BRU TLS

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

EasyJet is really diserting the airport they closed Lyon last year and now London (I knew it couldn't work) and finally Toulouse wich let Brussels Airlines the only player on that route!

I guess it will free a little bit the low-cost stand for Ryanair

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Wow, after pulling out of Lyon last season, now Toulouse!
I can only guess they must really feel the pressure from the new low fare products of Brussels Airlines, thus dropping pretty much anything which isn't a multiple daily like Milan, Geneva, Nice one by one.
I wonder how much longer they will be able to hold on to Basel then, because I occasionally use that airport as an alternative to ZRH (when LX tries to charge me over €1,000 for a day return) and I've noticed their loads on this route to have decreased as well to the benefit of the Brussels Airliners flight.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

3 new SN routes annouced today : Belfast (5x/week) , Heraklion (2x/week) & Jerez (2x/week)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

As said Belfast City, Jerez and Crete/Heraklion as new destinations. Gran Canaria and Tenerife will become year-round after their launch this winter (there were some doubts about these two on this forum recently, so now it's known they'll be offered in summer 2016).

Jerez: 2/week from May to September, flights on days 3 and 7
Crete/Heraklion: 2/week as from Easter holidays, days 2 and 6. SN also notes that they'll fly almost daily to Athens in S16 and that flights can be combined with Crete. So you can fly to Athens, and fly back from Crete for example, if you travel within Greece.
Belfast City: year-round, to be served 5/week on days 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7

Edinburgh: 4 extra weekly flights
Lisbon and Porto: 3 additional frequencies to both
Alicante: from 3 to 4 weekly flights
Malaga and Venice: more flights on peak days
Also more flights on Vilnius and Manchester.
Seats will be increased on Gothenburg, Toulouse, Oslo, Marseille, London, Barcelona and Faro by using larger aircraft.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... xt-summer/

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Looks like this year they prefer to increase the number of frequency instead of adding many new destinations. To me it's a good decision but I hope we will hear something for the long haul.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

crew1990 wrote:Looks like this year they prefer to increase the number of frequency instead of adding many new destinations. To me it's a good decision but I hope we will hear something for the long haul.
Long haul deserves a dedicated press conference of course :mrgreen:

For more information on the Belfast route (including timetable):
http://www.belfastcityairport.com/News/ ... O-BRUSSELS

The schedule surprises me a bit as it limits transfer options to a number of high frequency European routes due to the late arrival back in BRU. I assume that has to do with the utilization of the Avro fleet which for now didn't allow them to fly the route in the busy morning peak. Which btw for me is also a surprise, that they'll fly the route with an Avro. I would have expected a wet-lease operation on this route.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SN introduced many new summer routes in 2014 and 2015. I asked Lars Redeligx whether these new routes would be maintained in 2016. The answer was positive for most of these routes, with a few exceptions like Montpellier. He mentioned that most of these routes haver been very successful.
Lars Redeligs, Chief Commercial Officer of Brussels Airlines at the press conference
Lars Redeligs, Chief Commercial Officer of Brussels Airlines at the press conference
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

But still Malta is not bookable anymore ( actually yes but with air malta)