BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
crew1990
Posts: 1062
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by crew1990 » 18 Dec 2015, 19:30

lumumba wrote:
SN501 wrote:
lumumba wrote:The second flight to Newark is only a summer flight?
According to the FB of BRU, yes.
THX
So it's not so big news at the end 1 more plane ( ( that we new already)the other one is for 2017 and 1 summer flight with a 757....
I was thinking of a big plan to replace the long haul fleet.
Like that we will stay with the problem of canceled flights!
Yes it slowly solve the problem of the cancellation, one A330 does''t mean 7 weekly flight, for example this new A330 will 5 Toronto and 1 Kigali-entebbe so it mean that it will be a spare aircraft one day per week. When the 10th A330 will come, if SN open lagos-libreville or Mumbai 4 flight per week it will be a total of 9 daily long haul flight for 10 a330. This mean that there will be a full spare a330.

Poiu
Posts: 648
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Poiu » 18 Dec 2015, 19:35

crew1990 wrote: Yes it slowly solve the problem of the cancellation, one A330 does''t mean 7 weekly flight, for example this new A330 will 5 Toronto and 1 Kigali-entebbe so it mean that it will be a spare aircraft one day per week. When the 10th A330 will come, if SN open lagos-libreville or Mumbai 4 flight per week it will be a total of 9 daily long haul flight for 10 a330. This mean that there will be a full spare a330.
And when do you plan maintenance?

crew1990
Posts: 1062
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by crew1990 » 18 Dec 2015, 20:01

Of course i plan maintenance but the meaning is more aircraft = more spare aircraft

Bralo20
Posts: 1432
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Bralo20 » 19 Dec 2015, 10:27

Ugh, UA's 2nd daily to EWR will be a 757, during summer peak 767 (and it seems currently only during S16):

MAY 5 - OCT 28:

UA44: EWR: 21h30 - BRU: 11h30+1
UA45: BRU: 13h30 - EWR: 16h20

Equipment:

Boeing 757-200: (16C / 45Y+ / 108Y) from May 5 - May 24; September 7 - October 28
Boeing 767-300: (30C / 49Y+ / 135Y) from May 25 - September 6

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1614
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 19 Dec 2015, 11:24

I guess UA will evaluate end of season if a more permanent service is an option...

Will this make UA the second biggest operator at BRU?

sean1982
Posts: 3170
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sean1982 » 19 Dec 2015, 12:29

Conti764 wrote:I guess UA will evaluate end of season if a more permanent service is an option...

Will this make UA the second biggest operator at BRU?
With 2 daily flights? I seriously doubt that. Probably JAF or Ryanair

teach
Posts: 740
Joined: 23 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by teach » 19 Dec 2015, 12:52

sean1982 wrote: With 2 daily flights? I seriously doubt that. Probably JAF or Ryanair
4 daily flights.

crew1990
Posts: 1062
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by crew1990 » 19 Dec 2015, 22:09

Lol, United will have at the end 3 777 and 1 767 daily!

User avatar
Predixs
Posts: 266
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 11:39
Location: Buggenhout
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Predixs » 20 Dec 2015, 17:03

Still hoping for a UA B744 :p
Wouter C.

Been spotting at: BRU, VIE, DUS, LUX, MST, STR, LHR, ANR, OST, LGG, AMS, IAD, PHX, GYR, LAX, LGW, LTN, STN, BCN, MAD.

User avatar
RoMax
Posts: 4418
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 16:32

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by RoMax » 21 Dec 2015, 15:51

SN will launch the 5 weekly flights to Toronto on March 27 and will operate the route with a mix of A333 and A332. Reservation is said to be opened today, but on their website I can only find flights via Montreal on AC as from 27 March (at the time of writing this post), so probably only in GDS and still under way to be opened for reservation on the website?

SN551 BRU1030 – 1320YYZ 333 47
SN551 BRU1030 – 1320YYZ 332 256

SN552 YYZ1755 – 0715+1BRU 333 47
SN552 YYZ1755 – 0715+1BRU 332 256

A nice side-note, according to Airlineroute.net, Sabena last served the route in March 1992.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/21/sn-yyz-s16/

brusselsairlinesfan
Posts: 846
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 14:44

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by brusselsairlinesfan » 21 Dec 2015, 16:26

RoMax wrote:SN will launch the 5 weekly flights to Toronto on March 27 and will operate the route with a mix of A333 and A332. Reservation is said to be opened today, but on their website I can only find flights via Montreal on AC as from 27 March (at the time of writing this post), so probably only in GDS and still under way to be opened for reservation on the website?

SN551 BRU1030 – 1320YYZ 333 47
SN551 BRU1030 – 1320YYZ 332 256

SN552 YYZ1755 – 0715+1BRU 333 47
SN552 YYZ1755 – 0715+1BRU 332 256

A nice side-note, according to Airlineroute.net, Sabena last served the route in March 1992.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/21/sn-yyz-s16/
Bookable on www.brusselsairlines.com !

air belgium
Posts: 202
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 19:43

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by air belgium » 06 Jan 2016, 13:35

Any news from Hainan to PVG from BRU in the summer of 2016? Thanks.

crew1990
Posts: 1062
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by crew1990 » 06 Jan 2016, 23:32

I had a look at the sunweb flight this summer.

Those are the destinations and airlines.

Fly Egypt: Hurghada, Marsa Alam
Vueling: Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca
Transavia: Heraklion, Burgas
BH Airlines: Burgas
Onur Air: Antalya, Bodrum
Sunexpress: Izmir
Brussels Airlines: Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Malaga, Barcelone, Palma de Mallorca, Alicante, Faro, Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki, Kos, Athene, Burgas, Antalya, Bodrum.

Brussels Airlines is almost operating all the flighs!

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35750
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 12 Jan 2016, 17:07

Air Europa will transfer its E195 fleet (used a.o. for its MAD-BRU flights) to a new LCC subsidiary called Air Europa Express, which will also operate AT42 turboprop aircraft acquired from Aeronova.
André
ex Sabena #26567

brabel
Posts: 161
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 10:51

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by brabel » 12 Jan 2016, 20:52

According to Brussels Airport newsletter, Air Transat is offering direct flights between Toronto and Brussels this summer season. (end of April till end of October)
3 flights weekly.

http://brusselsairport.cmail20.com/t/Vi ... E12DB8921D

nordikcam
Posts: 989
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:22
Location: Uccle

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by nordikcam » 12 Jan 2016, 21:22

brabel wrote:According to Brussels Airport newsletter, Air Transat is offering direct flights between Toronto and Brussels this summer season. (end of April till end of October)
3 flights weekly.

http://brusselsairport.cmail20.com/t/Vi ... E12DB8921D
Is it not the same flight BRU YUL YYZ 3 times a week ? No more...

User avatar
skumfiduse
Posts: 228
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 18:42
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by skumfiduse » 12 Jan 2016, 22:15

nordikcam wrote:
brabel wrote:According to Brussels Airport newsletter, Air Transat is offering direct flights between Toronto and Brussels this summer season. (end of April till end of October)
3 flights weekly.

http://brusselsairport.cmail20.com/t/Vi ... E12DB8921D
Is it not the same flight BRU YUL YYZ 3 times a week ? No more...
According to air Transat's booking engine it is still Montreal and not Toronto. Looks like a mistake in Brussels Airport's newsletter.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35750
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 14 Jan 2016, 15:16

KLM updates Embraer E175 Summer 2016 operations as of 14JAN16

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines in this week’s schedule update has loaded additional routes to be operated by the new Embraer E175 aircraft, due to enter into service this summer. Previously, KLM only assigned Aalborg as the initial KLM Cityhopper 88-seater E175 destination, however this has since been revised.

As of 14JAN16, updated plan to KLM Cityhopper E175 operation as follow.

...
eff 27MAR16 Amsterdam – Brussels 2 weekly (until 03JUL16; 1 daily from 05SEP16)
...

Source: Airline Route
André
ex Sabena #26567


air belgium
Posts: 202
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 19:43

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by air belgium » 15 Jan 2016, 14:42

It seems that TAP will stop flying between BRU and OPO from 1st April with the F 100...sad!

Post Reply