BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: BRU Summer 2016: news, new routes, airlines

Post by nordikcam »

teach wrote:Oh for crying out loud, can we please, PLEASE have ONE topic without another instalment of the exact same Ryanair bitchfight we've incessantly got going on in almost every other topic that can even remotely be tied to either FR or SN?

Please? Pretty please?
+ 1000

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I don't want to go off-topic, but I think reacting on this part of Sean's post is relevant in the discussion of FR's expansion at BRU.
sean1982 wrote: They didnt say that BRU is full. They said there was no pssible growth for FR .. that is a tactic as well off course. If you can't face the competition, go into protectionism which you allready have praised with vigour in other topics ;)
How is this protectionism? FR said today there are not enough stands available for them at BRU. As Stij said in the Ryanair topic, a bit of a lame reason as there are plenty of stands, just not the cheapest walk-to-stands as FR prefers. It's not like BRU is intentionally making sure FR can't expand. I don't see protectionism in any way. If there would be, MOL for sure wouldn't have said they have a good relationship with BRU and he would definitely have blamed BRU and SN for being protectionist. Only argument you can use is BRU not expanding the number of such stands 'to protect SN'. However, why would BRU do that if there are plenty of remote stands available. You can't put such walking-to-gates too far away from the pier/terminal either as that makes the walking distance too big.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Beisdes, once BRU starts building A-pier West their won't be any easy to reach dtands at walking distance anymore. Every remote boarding pax must be bussed to the aircraft by then...

Stij

Post by Stij »

sean1982 wrote:Just watch as the fleet doubles over the next 5 years ;)
Sean,

First see and than believe, as long as the flights aren't operated, it remains 10 birds in the sky. Also, we're a Belgian Aviation Forum, so we look at it from a Belgian perspective. What your employer does in the rest of Europe is admirable, but not to the point for our forum. Otherwise it would be easy to say that FR is a small LCC compared to SWA when you look at it on a global scale.

Same for the whole discussion on the number of pax in BRU, as long as no actual data is shown, I (and most forum members) don't buy it FR will be the largest airline in 2015... Same for the 8,1 million passengers for 2016...

First see, then believe. Call me Thomas...

I really appreciate how you defend you employer, and he should be very happy to have you on his team, but please stick to proven facts and stay away from the MOL propaganda machine. Leave it to MOL, he's good at it.

And the same is valid for all of us, please stick to facts and if you post a rumor, mention it as a rumor.

Hoping we'll all have a more enjoyable time reading the Brussels Airport, Brussels Airlines and Ryanair topics.

Cheers,

Stij

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

The fact that the fleet will double in the next 5 years is not a rumour.
The fact that primary airports will be the main expansion point is not a rumour either.
The fact that CRL is one of the largest FR base is not a rumour either.
The fact that FR is big in Belgium, whether it is a very close first or a very close second is not a rumour either. I don't have the size syndrome where some seem to be suffering from (including MOL)

So please dont call me a liar. 95% of the posts on this forum are based on assumptions

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I am not sure any of these facts like you call them Sean, belong in this topic, but may I point out that all of those facts like you call them are subsequently used by you to post what in hindsight are nothing but overambitious assumptions on the next thing to come? As such much of your own posts fall into the loathed category of 'assumptions' too, and let me add to that: not exactly those with a good reality check rate either. ;)

Mind you, that is not calling you a liar, it's just pointing out that when one reads back through your posts, they just don't seem to materialize to the extend and/or as rapidly as you said they would.
That is just a fact too, whether you like that or not.

Other than that, I do hope that BRU gets more growth for next summer, and I am happy to read from Atlantis that Singapore Airlines is reconsidering BRU once again.
I know I will be challenged by Sean over this, but I am convinced that BRU should rather focus on network airlines and it's hub function than on other types of customers, and I am very happy to see that they have understood that too that whenever having to make a choice, they systematically opt for what they think is best for them: BRU is a privately owned commercial enterprise and as such it should try to maximize its own financial results, not that of others. And when it does so, it will find that their are customers who can make it work under those conditions too, thus resulting in a clear win-win for both: there's no need to give discounts to airlines without added value.

Stij

Post by Stij »

sean1982 wrote:The fact that the fleet will double in the next 5 years is not a rumour.
But will the Belgium based fleet double as well? That's the question!
sean1982 wrote:The fact that primary airports will be the main expansion point is not a rumour either.
True, but when you see CPH being opened from CRL, it makes me wonder.
sean1982 wrote:The fact that CRL is one of the largest FR base is not a rumour either.
Very true! Nobody will argue about that.
sean1982 wrote:The fact that FR is big in Belgium, whether it is a very close first or a very close second is not a rumour either. I don't have the size syndrome where some seem to be suffering from (including MOL)
Correct, but, as you indicate yourself, MOL is constantly selling this story... and a couple of months ago this discussion was very heated indeed.
sean1982 wrote:So please dont call me a liar. 95% of the posts on this forum are based on assumptions
I never ever called or insinuated you were a liar.

Cheers,

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Stij wrote: True, but when you see CPH being opened from CRL, it makes me wonder.
Subsidies are allowed by the EU for opening a new route. CRL-CPH is a new route, BRU-CPH is not.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Stij

Post by Stij »

And now back on topic!

To round up FR in summer 2016:

- a destination is dropped and moved to CRL (I really hate this decision!)
- a couple of new destinations (most already announced)
- a couple more rotations on certain routes

Conclusion: FR grows in BRU (and CRL) but not exponentially as some had expected.

Cheers,

Stij

Stij

Post by Stij »

Two posts deleted because not on topic.

Please only news (or rumors) about Brussels Airport during the summer of 2016.

Thank-you!

Stij

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Flightglobal reports that Air Nostrum will launch 4 new routes out of Vigo next summer, including BRU. Flights are to be operated 2 weekly with CRJ-900 from early July to late September.
Apparently they already announced plans for these routes (the ones they launched from Vigo this summer and BRU, FCO, Alicante and Menorca in 2016) late last year, but seems it wasn't really picked up here, or otherwise I missed it.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Nice panel of scheduled spanish destination this year.

Alicante: Brussels Airlines; Ryanair; Vueling
Barcelona: Brusseles Airlines; Ryanair; Vueling
Bilbao: Brussels Airlines; Vueling
Gran Canaria: Brussels Airlines
Ibiza: Brussels Airlines; Ryanair; Vueling
Madrid: Brussels Airlines; Iberia Air Europa
Malaga: Ryanair; Brussels Airlines; Vueling
Mallorca: Ryanair; Vueling
Santiago de Compostela: Vueling
Sevilla: Brussels Airlines
Tenerife: Brussels Airlines
Valencia: Ryanair; Vueling
Vigo: Air Nostrum

Plus all the charter destination.

Reus
Gerona
Menorca
La Palma
Fuerteventura
Lanzarote
Almeria
Jerez de la Frontera

And we still waiting for the new summer destinations of Brussels Airlines which will maybe complete those routes.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

crew1990 wrote:And we still waiting for the new summer destinations of Brussels Airlines which will maybe complete those routes.
When will they be announced? In January or February? ;)

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

From the 26th of october 0B will open IAS-BRU 1-3-5--

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Iberia launches new seasonal route VGO-BRU

eff 07JUL16 Vigo – Brussels 2 weekly CRJ900 (until 24SEP16)

Ps: you where right Romax ;)

Source: Airlineroute

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Airbus A330 wrote:
crew1990 wrote:And we still waiting for the new summer destinations of Brussels Airlines which will maybe complete those routes.
When will they be announced? In January or February? ;)
No idea, hoping earlier.

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

[img][img]
FB_IMG_1443636779453.jpg
[/img][/img]
MrG4 wrote:From the 26th of october 0B will open IAS-BRU 1-3-5--
Wrong dates, true news.

This pic was taken this morning at the BlueAir press conference at the Otopeni airport. 2X from the S16, direct flight IAS-BRU
http://aeronews.ro/blue-air-23-de-rute- ... ati-flota/

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Quite an interesting article from CAPA on developments at BRU:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/b ... ons-246706

I was surprised to read this:
There are some developments that will increase BRU's direct long haul connectivity, while also bypassing the Lufthansa hubs. For example, a new Tokyo-Brussels operation is to be launched by ANA this winter and there is even talk of Etihad equity partner Jet Airways' launching a Kolkata-Brussels service.
Anyone heard about this?

Cheers,
Danny

VEX802

Post by VEX802 »

According to ML-Tours Brussels Airlines will start flights to Al Hoceima on 11 june 2016.

http://mltours.nl

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

VEX802 wrote:According to ML-Tours Brussels Airlines will start flights to Al Hoceima on 11 june 2016.

http://mltours.nl
But will it be a scheduled route or a charter?