Third daily SN flight to CDG

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

White Light

Re: Third daily SN flight to CDG

Post by White Light »

White Light wrote:
RoMax wrote:
White Light wrote: NO, that the flight is operated by Europe Airport (not by Brussels Airlines, as the indicate). Simple, no ?
AirpoSt, Europe Airpost, not Airport. Simple, no?

If you don't know the who, why, what, don't start blaming people. Obviously you are not fail-safe either.
No, but here at least someone is proof-reading (my) posts (you). At Brussels Airlines this does not seem to be the case. They are to be professionnals (are they ?), I'm not.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

And who puts the content on the web site
The communications department, generally. They normally have a tool for it. Depending on the type or category of content it may go directly to the production site (the one that is published on the www) or to an earlier stage (dev? test? acceptance?) after which some application owner or content manager can decide to move it to the next stage. But even if the IT people have to do it, they shouldn't even look at the content, nor should they be able to change anything about it.

White Light

Post by White Light »

OK, regardless of who puts the content on the website, if you work for SN and you don't know that a flight operated by SN cannot be operated by 733 because it should be basic knowledge for all SN employees that the airline has no 737 in its fleet, than there is something wrong. SN is not AA which has something like one thousands aircraft and many different types of aircraft. At SN it's basically A319-320-330 and perhaps a few AvroJets left.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I have no idea how SN is organised, but I can well imagine that some departments, especially those closest to the customer/traveller, have no idea about the type of aircraft, or which types are in the fleet of which airlines. And that includes codeshares. Marketing/sales staff need to know what tickets they can offer on what routes for which dates under several sets of conditions - one can do such a demanding job very well without knowing if the passenger travels on a Piper Cub or on an A380.

And no, the fleet composition is not basic required knowledge for all SN staff. I'll bet you at least 40% of the jobs can be done to perfection without knowing the slightest bit about Boeings or Airbuses or Piper Cubs.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

I don't understand why SN should mention that the flight is operated by Europe Airpost since this is a wetlease operation and hardly no airline mentions the exact operating carrier on their site ...

Just look @ JAF, they have quite some carriers operating for them yet they don't mention it at the booking ,...

@Jan_Olieslagers I'm pretty sure most SN staff knows at least a bit of the fleet composition but yeah one more than another :p

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Avroflyer wrote:I don't understand why SN should mention that the flight is operated by Europe Airpost since this is a wetlease operation and hardly no airline mentions the exact operating carrier on their site ...
Altough SN does clearly mention the Flybe and bmi operated flights. BUT only by showing a different logo and the "Flight is operated by ..." note in the flight overview in the booking engine. When you click on the flight number to see the full overview of that specific flight, it says "Operated by Brussels Airlines", that's only different for codeshares.

But when I look at the CDG flights, I get another overview than for normal European routes (probably because the flight is basically for transfer-pax only and it is never booked seperately like this) and there it doesn't show anything about Europe Airpost. If it is a mistake or done for a specific reason, I don't know. But I don't understand the fuss about all this...who cares?

LJ

Post by LJ »

Avroflyer wrote:I don't understand why SN should mention that the flight is operated by Europe Airpost since this is a wetlease operation and hardly no airline mentions the exact operating carrier on their site ...
They are required to do so. There is an EU directive from 2005 requiring the identification of the operating carrier. The enforcement of this regulation is much less as in the US (where airlines get regularly fined over this issue) but it does exist.

BTW for those interested, it's EU Regulation 2111/2005 article 11
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 11&from=EN

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

LJ wrote:
They are required to do so. There is an EU directive from 2005 requiring the identification of the operating carrier. The enforcement of this regulation is much less as in the US (where airlines get regularly fined over this issue) but it does exist.

BTW for those interested, it's EU Regulation 2111/2005 article 11
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 11&from=EN
Well then Thomas Cook should inform when the flights operated by Brussels Airlines, Ryanair with Fly Dubai, Jetair Fly with Euro Atlantic Airlines and so on. What passenger care is to go from a destination to another with the level of service of the airlines they booked. So what the hell do we care.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

crew1990 wrote: Well then Thomas Cook should inform when the flights operated by Brussels Airlines, Ryanair with Fly Dubai, Jetair Fly with Euro Atlantic Airlines and so on. What passenger care is to go from a destination to another with the level of service of the airlines they booked. So what the hell do we care.
Well, I don't know about Thomas Cook, but Ryanair inform on its website when a flight is operated by another company.
For instance, this summer, some Stansted-Schönefeld services are operated by Air Explore, and it's mentioned.
Perhaps not all but certainly quite a few customers ask informations if a less-known airline is proposed to them by the travel agent, and some refuse to fly on such and such airline, with a bad fame, or on which they have had a bad experience in the past. Ask any travel agent.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

LJ

Post by LJ »

crew1990 wrote:Well then Thomas Cook should inform when the flights operated by Brussels Airlines, Ryanair with Fly Dubai, Jetair Fly with Euro Atlantic Airlines and so on. What passenger care is to go from a destination to another with the level of service of the airlines they booked. So what the hell do we care.
Yes they have to (and probably do mention it). The fact that they don't do it doesn't mean it's allowed (as I mentioned enforcement of this EU law is much less than in the US). Do note that it refers to situations where the operating carrier is different. When the aircraft is in a dry lease, then it doesn't apply. This is also why it's always mentioned when a subsidiary operates the flight instead of the actual airline under which the ticket has been sold (e.g. Germanwings with LH code or KLM Cityhopper with KL code). This also applies to last minute changes, and my one time (thus not so representative to make a general statement) experience is that airlines do this.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

White Light wrote: No, but here at least someone is proof-reading (my) posts (you). At Brussels Airlines this does not seem to be the case. They are to be professionnals, I'm not.
They are not. I won't judge the English and Dutch version, but the French version of their website is full of mistakes.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

The good thing is they have a 3rd rotation to Paris and who know they'll fly it themselves after a while ... about the aircraft / operator mentioned on their website almost 99% of the passengers are transit passengers they hardly just book BRU-CDG or CDG-BRU stretches as the train is more convenient. Service on board is just economy and business class so what's the fuss about ... for this 30 minute flight.Do you really think other airliners clearly mention which airliner is operating the flight on a particular day ... lots of airliners work together with other operators like Jetairfly during the summer and Thomas Cook with SN (it's not even mentioned who is operating the flight).
Citybird
The flying dream

LJ

Post by LJ »

The GDS seems to mention the operating carrier (Europe Airpost). Thus if not listed on the SN website it's probably a mistake on their website.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Are these 3 flights doing well?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

These flights are feeding the African destinations, where loads are booming, just like on Europe.
The official numbers for May will soon be published, but expect SN to do have done better even than last month. Europe is of course showing simply amazing passenger growth by itself (as usual), but African figures are going to be eyepopping to say the least too.
With this in mind, some very interesting volume adjusting initiatives for next year can be expected, both on Europe as well as on long haul. ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tolipanebas wrote:These flights are feeding the African destinations...
I guess that there is little O&D traffic between BRU and CDG, but is Africa the only SN destination out of CDG? I would think that there might also be US traffic or even traffic connecting to other European destinations, like UK, Nordic countries, Eastern Europe, etc.

Some figures would be useful to get an idea!
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Those flights are mainly for African connections both ways. Eeasyjet is active on both airports ORY and CDG so European connections are almost never on this flights as well as the US destinations as those pax are on the LHR flights to connect with UA. A quite new connection destination is TXL with on some days lots of Hainan pax on BRU-TXL as they don't fly daily to Brussels.
Citybird
The flying dream

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

tolipanebas wrote:These flights are feeding the African destinations, where loads are booming, just like on Europe.
The official numbers for May will soon be published, but expect SN to do have done better even than last month. Europe is of course showing simply amazing passenger growth by itself (as usual), but African figures are going to be eyepopping to say the least too.
SN is offering CDG-BRU-ABJ for less than 400€ return (direct AF is at least 500€), this is probably the reason why loads are booming. The question however is: are they making any profit on it?
I still remember the final years of Sabena, very high loadfactor with a huge number of connecting passengers.

convair

Post by convair »

tolipanebas wrote:These flights are feeding the African destinations, where loads are booming, just like on Europe. .
..some very interesting volume adjusting initiatives for next year can be expected, both on Europe as well as on long haul. ;)
It's about time, specially for the l/h fleet that is very small and getting old.

But will Mother LH allow it?

azingrew

Post by azingrew »

I know Air Canada uses CDG -BRU in connection with their flights from Canada, including YUL !