BRU Winter 2015/2016: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: BRU Winter 2015/2016: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sean1982 »

Like I said before, there were some teething problems that needed to be sorted. Last winter FR went from 4 to 3 aircraft. This winter this wont be happening. 4 aircraft will stay. Crew number in BRU have also nearly doubled. That's quite the clue that something is up usually.
Atlantis wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Im expecting a few more ;)
Yes indeed, like Ryanair was saying to start more flights to Germany, Scandinavia, etc. Will it be something like that?
3 times daily SXF was allready announced. As for other destinations, I dont know. But the philosophy stays. BRU: business, CRL: leisure

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

But Berlin is not a new winter destination from BRU I guess !

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

nordikcam wrote:
Dear Nordikcam,

Berlin is of course not a new destination from BRU but it is a new destination for Ryanair ex-BRU.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

[/quote]
Atlantis wrote:
nordikcam wrote:
Dear Nordikcam,

Berlin is of course not a new destination from BRU but it is a new destination for Ryanair ex-BRU.
Yes of course...my fault. No problem. But I was refering a post of Crew1990 about new destinations for winter schedule for BRU.

"So already 3 new destinations operated in winter

Bremen: Brussels Airlines
Tokyo: All Nippon Airlines
Reykjavik: Icelandair "

So...we can add too Goteborg with SK and Zagreb, Billund, Gran Canaria and Teneriffe with SN. Correct ?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

And Accra...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

LJ

Post by LJ »

KLM is going to reduce AMS-BRU from 5 daily to 4 daily. KL1721/20 will be cancelled

SFM

Post by SFM »

RoMax wrote:
Darjeeling wrote: Allow me to find it somehow "strange" that Lufthansa maintains it presence in Accra for the upcoming Winter 2015/16 season.
Expect this to change ;)
It seems you were right. I can't find any direct FRA-ACC flights on the LH website anymore after Oct '15.
Though I find it strange that as of yet, there has been no official message from LH that they'll quit ACC. I know airlines aren't keen on reporting the cessation of a route, but I think it would only be appropriate that they let the customers know they'll have to fly via BRU as from October...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

SFM wrote: It seems you were right. I can't find any direct FRA-ACC flights on the LH website anymore after Oct '15.
Though I find it strange that as of yet, there has been no official message from LH that they'll quit ACC. I know airlines aren't keen on reporting the cessation of a route, but I think it would only be appropriate that they let the customers know they'll have to fly via BRU as from October...
They will inform when customers ask them, but I don't expect more, don't expect them to publish a press release on it or anything. The best you can expect is that they mention it in another positive route announcement, otherwise as a small note by late October when informing about the changes for the winter season.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Not sure a cancellation of a FRA_ACC flight is at its place in a routine topic about new routes from BRU?
Should this not better be discussed in the relevant topic about the swap which happened between Lufthansa and their daughter airline Brussels Airlines and of which this is just a logical consequence?
Or was there no such dedicated topic? Strange, because its now very clear that this is a major strategic reshuffling, indicative of the very close managerial ties and long term mutual relationship of both airlines.
Shifting key markets between different corporate entities isn't done overnight by multinationals, believe me, nor is such done without firm and long term commitment to each other.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Now that the CEO gave its press conference, we know its really only just that Berlin route after all.

FI-
Did they backtrack at the last minute, or was this based on just your hopes, rather than insider's knowledge?
Both are perfectly fine to be posted here, dont you worry, but just so we all know how to rate your hints in future then: as valuable insider's information like some seem to have access to when it comes to jetair or Brussels Airlines, or just another enthusiast's best guess only, even though you happen to work for them.

danieln

Post by danieln »

Inquirer wrote:
Now that the CEO gave its press conference, we know its really only just that Berlin route after all.

FI-
Did they backtrack at the last minute, or was this based on just your hopes, rather than insider's knowledge?
Both are perfectly fine to be posted here, dont you worry, but just so we all know how to rate your hints in future then: as valuable insider's information like some seem to have access to when it comes to jetair or Brussels Airlines, or just another enthusiast's best guess only, even though you happen to work for them.
As far as I understand from the newspapers and the posts on this forum, new routes will be announced in September.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Accra not to be taken lightly by the crews :

A British Airways stewardess died from malaria after working on a long-haul flight from Heathrow to Ghana.
The unnamed woman is reported to have showed signs of the disease while staying in the country's capital, Accra.
She is believed to have been staying with other crew members and had been issued with anti-malarial tablets and guidance on how to remain healthy abroad.
The tragedy happened earlier this month and has left flight crews "hugely concerned" about travelling to Ghana, a source told the Mirror.
Malaria is spread by mosquitos, and a single bit can be enough for someone to contract the disease.

The incident comes six years after a BA steward died after catching the most deadly strain of malaria after also working on a flight from Heathrow to Ghana.
Last edited by airazurxtror on 19 Jul 2015, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Obviously a problem that only occurs in Accra and no crew could ever expect to happen while flying to Africa on a regular basis...

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

She died in Accra, but it doesn't mean she contracted it in Accra, it can be anywhere else as the period of incubation can be up to a month. Still it's a very sad news of her family and friend.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

TK will deploy its A340-300 every week on Saturday morning, as of 30JAN16. STA 10.40, STD 12.10 local time.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Inquirer wrote:

FI-
According to what I heard on the Dinner I had with M'OL and EW BRU and CRL are above expectations. Germany is the prime target at the moment (hence the SXF route) and the evaluation of gate space, airbridges and the handeling agent is tbc. But I saw planned crew training figures for next year and they are quite different

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sdbelgium wrote:TK will deploy its A340-300 every week on Saturday morning, as of 30JAN16. STA 10.40, STD 12.10 local time.

Code: Select all

TK1937 IST0805 – 1040BRU 343 6
TK1938 BRU1210 – 1640IST 343 6
André
ex Sabena #26567

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

SN has requested slots for ZAG, NTE, BRE, NUE and LNZ.
Also BT has requested strange slot for LCA - BRU 2 weekly. Also requests to fly to VNO again.
BM has requests for NTE 2 x daily

Already known but will mention it again for NH: NH231/232 1515 - 2050 with 787-8.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Kapitein wrote: Also BT has requested strange slot for LCA - BRU 2 weekly.
Probably lured by the subsidy they can get for the route (although I thought it needed to be at least 3 weekly to get the EUR 750,000/year, or was that only during summer?)

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

RoMax wrote:
Kapitein wrote: Also BT has requested strange slot for LCA - BRU 2 weekly.
Probably lured by the subsidy they can get for the route (although I thought it needed to be at least 3 weekly to get the EUR 750,000/year, or was that only during summer?)
It was three times during Winter and four times a week during Summer, so two weekly would seem rather strange (unless the Cypriot government adjusted the conditions again).