Background info on hiring techniques at the low cost airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Pocahontas

Re: Background info on hiring techniques at the low cost airlines

Post by Pocahontas »

Dear Sean,

contractors are hired for the phase out of the Avro. Most of them will be gone by the time the Avro is out. I prefer this over firing all Avro pilots ;-)
Some of them will fly contracts in summer, for the seasonality. Like this people with a contract of Bru Air can keep their working regime throughout the year, in stead of seasonality being applied to them too.
Amongst the contractors are also Belgian pilots. Anyway, I don't hear a lot of Flemmish or French people on the FR radio in BRU. That is a fact.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I dont know which radio you listen too? The one I know everyone speaks english

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

You don't listen to any radio, otherwise you wouldn't give such a foolish reply. Indeed, you hear no difference between a Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Flemmish... speaking English. Sorry how stupid of me!

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

ROTFL!

If you think these are LOW COST practices, Sean, read the terms and conditions offered.
I am sure all those Ryanair crew flocking together in Zaventem all get their accomodation provided by Ryanair too, right? Just as their car park at the airport and their uniforms that must be then! :roll:
Which is why the neighbours of the staff parking of Brussels Airport have filed several complaints with the town about their quiet streets being full of Slovak cars parking in front of their houses all the day, every day, suddenly. :lol:

As already pointed out by Pocachontas and just like last year, Brussels Airlines is again adding several A32Fs BEFORE summer, while the RJs they are ment to replace, only leave AFTER summer.
That means that it temporarily needs interim crew to cover the fleet rollover: at Brussels Airlines we don't throw out pilots because we change planes, we train them onto the new planes and hire interim pilots while they do so.

So you can be reassured: there will be more than enough Belgians paying full social security and income taxes in Belgium to keep paying for all public provisions you are making use off for free in future too. :twisted:

This latest contract job offer is online because SN are adding another A32F which wasn't previously forseen in the planning as our expansion is accelerating even. Not everybody is stalling at BRU you know, something you'll soon see in the growth figures for both SN as well as the airport. :D

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

tolipanebas wrote: SN are adding another A32F which wasn't previously forseen in the planning as our expansion is accelerating even. Not everybody is stalling at BRU
SN adding one more A32F ? Wonders will never cease ! What an expansion ! :lol:
Especially if you consider that a "stalling" competitor at Brussels get two new (not second hand) aircraft per month and still have more than 250 on order ....
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:
tolipanebas wrote: SN are adding another A32F which wasn't previously forseen in the planning as our expansion is accelerating even. Not everybody is stalling at BRU
SN adding one more A32F ? Wonders will never cease ! What an expansion ! :lol:
Especially if you consider that a "stalling" competitor at Brussels get two new (not second hand) aircraft per month and still have more than 250 on order ....
250 planes for BRU??? Wow unrmployement in Belgium is solved thanks to Ryanair now that they gonna hire all these Belgians...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

The reason why dear panebas, doesnt matter at all :D
A contractor is a contractor .. With that difference that FR offers them full time employment ;)

I see you are very happy with SN expanding on low yield leisure destinations, while your yields on the routes in competition with FR and Vueling have dropped by 25%.
If you call "stalling" adding 3 new destinations in a years time, good then, we're stalling. You better pray that FR or any other competitor doesnt start cherry picking your most profitable routes ;)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sean1982 wrote: I see you are very happy with SN expanding on low yield leisure destinations,
So leisure destinations = low yield destinations = low profit?! :roll:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

RoMax wrote:
sean1982 wrote: I see you are very happy with SN expanding on low yield leisure destinations,
So leisure destinations = low yield destinations = low profit?! :roll:
Depends on the cost base.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

OO-ITR wrote: Wow unrmployement in Belgium is solved thanks to Ryanair now that they gonna hire all these Belgians...
You might perhaps notice that there is an European Union, of which we are all part.
Ryanair is as much European as any Belgian airline (which, by the way, are either German or British owned).
Stop being so narrowly chauvinistic, per favore.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sean1982 wrote: Depends on the cost base.
Which you seemingly consider much higher than it is in case of SN. SN is no second FR (and doesn't need to be), but don't think those new leisure destinations are low-profit, quite the contrary.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:
OO-ITR wrote: Wow unrmployement in Belgium is solved thanks to Ryanair now that they gonna hire all these Belgians...
You might perhaps notice that there is an European Union, of which we are all part.
Ryanair is as much European as any Belgian airline (which, by the way, are either German or British owned).
Don't claim that it is a Belgian airline then because it clearly isn't. Would love to see what the proportion of Belgians in the company is. But this is info we will never have.

And yes I am aware there is an EU. One that is going to stop the dubious hiring techniques of your favourite irish airline in a few years.

Prego!

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:
Don't claim that it is a Belgian airline then because it clearly isn't. Would love to see what the proportion of Belgians in the company is. But this is info we will never have.

And yes I am aware there is an EU. One that is going to stop the dubious hiring techniques of your favourite irish airline in a few years.

Prego!
you mean the same technique that is saving your companies ass?
Or the same technique that allows your company to hire F/O's on a trial basis first?
Or the same technique that allows your company to hire seasonal cabin crew?
I would think twice about whishing for that

grazie ;)

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

At least we don't have to pay to work (selffunded typerating)!

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Pocahontas wrote:At least we don't have to pay to work (selffunded typerating)!
At least, at Ryanair, they don't have to worry about how deep will be the next year losses ...

Stij

Post by Stij »

Yawn... I think everybody had it's say in this zillionth FR SN discussion.

So unless you have new "interesting" information, please let it go!

Thank-you,

Stij

convair

Post by convair »

tolipanebas wrote:
...SN are adding another A32F which wasn't previously forseen in the planning as our expansion is accelerating ... :D
Is that the Thomas Cook A320 that has been announced or yet another one?

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:
Or the same technique that allows your company to hire F/O's on a trial basis first?

grazie ;)
oh dear do we have to repeat the same thing over and over again?

I think there is a slight difference between a trial base and working mostly with free lance pilots/offering Irish contracts for people working in hubs outside Ireland/being hired not directly by Ryanair but by a third party.
And the EU acknowlegdes this dubious employment system. That is why the EU is going to halt this system.

Wonder how big the profit of your airline will be from 2020 on.... :lol:

PS I do remind you that most of these trial basis or turned into a permanent contract and that all those contracts are Belgian contracts for staff based in BRU and also where the taxes are paid...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
sean1982 wrote:

grazie ;)
oh dear do we have to repeat the same thing over and over again?

I think there is a slight difference between a trial base and working mostly with free lance pilots/offering Irish contracts for people working in hubs outside Ireland/being hired not directly by Ryanair but by a third party.
And the EU acknowlegdes this dubious employment system. That is why the EU is going to halt this system.

Wonder how big the profit of your airline will be from 2020 on.... :lol:

PS I do remind you that most of these trial basis or turned into a permanent contract and that all those contracts are Belgian contracts for staff based in BRU and also where the taxes are paid...
You must know Ryanair better than me, cause I far as I know the biggest percentage of staff is actually directly employed by the company.

PS Any excuse is a good excuse I suppose ... the fact remains that your company does exactly the same thing, the reason doesnt matter.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:
You must know Ryanair better than me, cause I far as I know the biggest percentage of staff is actually directly employed by the company.

PS Any excuse is a good excuse I suppose ... the fact remains that your company does exactly the same thing, the reason doesnt matter.
Please share the info ! ;)