2015 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

crew1990

Re: 2015 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by crew1990 »

It would be nice to see brussels airlines flying as well from our belgian regional airport for thomas cook for example or some specif destination like morocco from CRL or sicilia from LGG.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

there is demande for sicily for sure.
Who knows what could come if this season works well...
Finger crossed, i have higher expectation for touristic destinations than for munich

Avignon is a funny destination, the airport has almost no trafic at all there :)
(probably because of the TGV)
but it's certainly has a high potential if the schedule is right (which is not really the case now with symetric routing :/)

And they really need to add a bus line from LGG to the train station and the city center now ... this is getting really ridiculous
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

there is a bus link between the airport and the train station already :-)

an-148

Post by an-148 »

totally agree with the bus line !!

Avignon's potential: yes, and not only the town itself, but very, very close to the airport: L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and Fontaine de Vaucluse !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice, Venezia and Bologna, of course !

To speak about Palermo: I flew LGG-PMO some years ago, when Thomas Cook hired Bae 146 Quick Change from TNT to fly PMO and BCN : the plane was FULL !! (Thomas Cook flew also NCE from LGG later on, but with too big metal - A320 and too loose schedule)

an-148

Post by an-148 »

crew1990 wrote:there is a bus link between the airport and the train station already :-)
yes, but only on working days and with a bad frequency !

there should be a real devoted link on shuttle basis every day of the week from the first passenger plane until the last of the day (would be much better if organized by the airport than by the TEC !!!)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

crew1990 wrote:It would be nice to see brussels airlines flying as well from our belgian regional airport for thomas cook for example or some specif destination like morocco from CRL or sicilia from LGG.
Ryanair fly from Charleroi to Agadir, Fes, Marrakech, Nador, Oujda, Rabat and Tanger in Marocco; to Comiso and Trapani in Sicilia. One can nicely do without brussels airlines at Charleroi.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Belgium - Sicily is indeed a big market..
But Ryanair is already flying to CTA(EIN), Trapani(EIN-CRL), Comiso(CRL).
Brussels Airlines is flying... ( and Jetairfly... )
Alitalia has good connections... ( each hour from FCO/LIN,... )
Don't think anyone is waiting for a 2,5 h little propride from LGG...
I indeed wonder why SN didn't restart their daily frequencies...
or AZ planned a direct service, or Meridiana ... ( Windjet missed the opportunity ... )

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

When i mentioned sicilia, it was from LGG, anyway this was just example, this is just that it would be nice that the national airline from belgium have some regional operation leisure/charter or business with high demand, it can be working, see jetairfly

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

cathay belgium wrote:Hi,

Belgium - Sicily is indeed a big market..
But Ryanair is already flying to CTA(EIN), Trapani(EIN-CRL), Comiso(CRL).
Brussels Airlines is flying... ( and Jetairfly... )
Alitalia has good connections... ( each hour from FCO/LIN,... )
Don't think anyone is waiting for a 2,5 h little propride from LGG...
I indeed wonder why SN didn't restart their daily frequencies...
or AZ planned a direct service, or Meridiana ... ( Windjet missed the opportunity ... )

CXB

IG has a lot of financial problems,forget it.
AZ ,after has been acquired by EY changed its plans : stopped ptp cross country routes and ex AP flights. Now it uses a pure hub and spoke (through Fco)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Charters to ... China !
Shenyang, Tianjin, and Xian.
Using I-fly A330. 3x / week.
I guess it's all linked together ... china, vlm, bmi, ...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

they also mention discussions for a line to madagascar ...
wtf ? :shock:

Source : http://www.pagtour.net/index.php?option ... Itemid=126

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop wrote:Charters to ... China !
Shenyang, Tianjin, and Xian.
Using I-fly A330. 3x / week.
I guess it's all linked together ... china, vlm, bmi, ...
A few hours after the announcement, we have now a clearer view.
It's not TO China, but FROM China.
The tour operator is chineese and uses LGG as the entry point for a 2 weeks trip in Europe.
It is expected that the chineese spend at least the first and the last day in Belgium.
LGG may invest up to 700.000€ to upgrade the terminal (that includes adding signs in chineese).
But : LGG mgmt say themselves it's gonna be very hard to take benefit from all this in Liège.
The amount of hotel rooms fits the current need of the city (although we've seen a spectacular increase in the recent years) and it won't be easy to find 350 beds more, especially when there are special events like cycling or F1.

Official PR:
http://www.liegeairport.com/uploaded/fi ... nglish.pdf

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

LGG may invest up to 700.000€ to upgrade the terminal for +/- 70.000 pax, nice investment.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

what could be the return ?
What's the typical airport tax for a flight like that ?
What if each chineese buys a waffle and a drink ?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

With a long term vision it makes sense

danieln

Post by danieln »

I wonder how Liège Airport can grow to such a capacity with just 700.000 euro's... Are we sure it is not 7 million?

Stij

Post by Stij »

danieln wrote:I wonder how Liège Airport can grow to such a capacity with just 700.000 euro's... Are we sure it is not 7 million?
The terminal is big enough, but probably was constructed more for short haul European single aisle flights. Now it needs to be adapted to cater for long haul non-schengen widebody flights:

More security and border checkpoints to cater for 400 pax in one arrival / departure.
Tax-free shops: until now, most pax travelling from LGG departed from there, so bought... close to nothing, these pax are going home.

Cheers,

Stij

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

You are right they are going home, and they need a nice duty free area to spend their last Euros before getting into the plane.
They need as well some chinese speaking staff ...and toilets...chinese style,meaning " a la turque"... a dedicated chinese bathroom is a must.
Chinese people eat chinese food and they love snacks...noodles and dumplings, it should be looked into it as well.
If they feel welcomed in LGG, it will attract more business. LGG management should look into this as a long term investment and push hard to get things moving and welcome them the way they deserve it!

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Qatar Cargo have re-routed DOH-JNB-NBO- LGG since last week. (2/week)
With MEX and LAX links, LGG is back in the QR picture. Total 6 /week. (more to follow)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

CAL Group starts CEIV pharma logistics programme in Liege Airport

By completing IATA’s Center of Excellence for Independent Validators Pharmaceutical Logistics (CEIV Pharma) certification program, CAL will be the first group with both a certified cargo airline and certified ground handling operations

http://theloadstar.co.uk/coolstar/cal-g ... e-airport/
André
ex Sabena #26567