2015 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

b720

Re: 2015 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by b720 »

I agree, code share with LH and LX will be ideal.. I think that VLM will do much better if they also code share with SN on all of their future flights out of ANR.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Wouldn't MUC be a good route for BMI, similar to how they are testing Liege?
I think Antwerp would make much more sense for them, even?

Not sure if it is such a good idea to try to link ports by air; how much passenger traffic is their between these cities anyway? Shipping crews changing boat, maybe! No idea, really.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

b720 wrote:I agree, code share with LH and LX will be ideal.. I think that VLM will do much better if they also code share with SN on all of their future flights out of ANR.
How would SN benefit from a codeshare on any of the VG flights? Codesharing still mostly means having another carrier bring in traffic from places that you can't/won't serve. The only place SN could do that is at BRU, they have no connecting flights to offer at GVA or any of the future destinations that VG might serve.

Could VG do it for LX? Yes, in theory, since GVA has turned into a mini hub for them. However, the timing just isn't right at the moment. With the VG flight coming in at quite a remote gate at around 9 am, the only useful connecting flights would leave somewhere between 10am and 12am (anything beyond that would probably take away some of the convenience flying from ANR offers). Here's what's leaving GVA between those hours on a typical weekday:

- ZRH at 10:05
- RAK (Marrakech) at 10:15
- ZRH at 11:00
- LCY at 11:10
- NYC at 11:50

So very little that makes sense. RAK would be a nice connection, NYC is somewhat appealing but a rather long wait and quite a detour. All in all, I don't see much benefit to LX either so my two cents is that at least for the Geneva route not much is to be gained from codesharing.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

Inquirer wrote:Wouldn't MUC be a good route for BMI, similar to how they are testing Liege?
I think Antwerp would make much more sense for them, even?
Yes it would and BM is well known at ANR and uses planes that are a perfect fit for the runway. Which almost certainly means talks did take place but that ship has sailed for ANR.

b720

Post by b720 »

The gva flight used to be code shared by Sabena until bankruptcy.. It will provide SN 's clients the option of flying from ANR and maybe returning from BRU or vice versa or simply making the return from ANR and will be opening an appealing new direct destination for it s Swiss gva based clients.. With their CHF s could be an excellent deal! No one know VLM in the gva market while SN has build a name and certain reputation..

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

b720 wrote:The gva flight used to be code shared by Sabena until bankruptcy.. It will provide SN 's clients the option of flying from ANR and maybe returning from BRU or vice versa or simply making the return from ANR and will be opening an appealing new direct destination for it s Swiss gva based clients.. With their CHF s could be an excellent deal! No one know VLM in the gva market while SN has build a name and certain reputation..
Yes, but look at e.g. the 2001 Sabena timetable and it quickly becomes clear that the SN codeshare was really only there to serve SR (as so many other things at the time :) ). There were a limited number of connections through GVA at the time, but the list has only shrunk since that time. Which doesn't mean VG wouldn't benefit from a codeshare today, it's just that neither SN nor LX would benefit enough to grant them one.

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

And what about the benefits for LX in the other direction? Bringing in LX customers to ANR? Be it from GVA and most certain from ZRH. I took multiple times LX from BRU to TLV via ZRH. Most of the time, there were +/- 20 connecting passengers from BRU, often related to the diamond industry or chemical/pharmaceutical industry. If people can go from and come directly to ANR, I am convinced they will do it. I know for sure, I will do it. Same story with Far East flights to SIN, HKG, NRT,... And for other transfer airports lile MUC or FRA.
I 'm just looking at it from my passenger perspective, but it would be very appealing. Already just because of saving travel from/to the airport and check in time.
Kind regards,

CRJ 900

b720

Post by b720 »

ANR_GVA or ZRH or MUC will work better for VLm and ANR airport if code shared with SN,LX, and LH. That s the point. GVA-Belgium is a very stron route.. flights are always full,..no matter what day or hour one take s the flight.. Ski, business, and a lot of VFR from both sides.. over 30,000 Belgians live in the area GVA, LAusanne and france voisine.. and many Swiss from the region have links to Belgium..

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

CRJ 900 wrote:And what about the benefits for LX in the other direction? Bringing in LX customers to ANR? Be it from GVA and most certain from ZRH.
Within the Lufthansa group, there's a clear agreement to let LX handle the flights to ZRH (and the connections via ZRH) and leave the direct flights to smaller airports to SN (hence the shift on the BRU-BSL route from LX to SN a few years back). The idea is to not compete with each other; putting an LX codeshare on the ANR route without offering connections would undermine that strategy.
CRJ 900 wrote:I took multiple times LX from BRU to TLV via ZRH. Most of the time, there were +/- 20 connecting passengers from BRU, often related to the diamond industry or chemical/pharmaceutical industry. If people can go from and come directly to ANR, I am convinced they will do it. I know for sure, I will do it. Same story with Far East flights to SIN, HKG, NRT,... And for other transfer airports lile MUC or FRA.
I 'm just looking at it from my passenger perspective, but it would be very appealing. Already just because of saving travel from/to the airport and check in time.
Kind regards,

CRJ 900
Absolutely. Which is why a ANR-ZRH flight codeshared with LX would make perfect sense. So would a ANR-GVA flight with better connections at the Swiss side. But for now, neither of those exist.
b720 wrote:ANR_GVA or ZRH or MUC will work better for VLm and ANR airport if code shared with SN,LX, and LH.
It would without a doubt benefit both VG and ANR, but it will only happen if it also benefits both LX and the Lufthansa group as a whole. Which is unlikely to be the case for ANR-GVA, but could very much be the case for ANR-ZRH/MUC.

b720

Post by b720 »

GVA-ANR_GVA could benefit SN on the Swiss market as offering a direct link to ANR and vice versa along with BRU.. will also help attract star alliance members who might avoid taking VLM otherwise. Might be able to create new traffic to and from GVA along with increasing the offer on its Belgium_GVA sectors for its exixting clients.. I recall that the absolute majority of the VLM traffic between ANR and GVA pre 2001 was OD not connecting.. I took that flight almost weekly, and collected privalege miles in the process.. Used to ticket through Sabena, not VLM.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

VG161
ANR 07:05
HAM 08:35

VG163
ANR 18:30
HAM 20:00

VG251
RTM 07:30
HAM 08:55

VG257
RTM 18:20
HAM 19:50

http://flyvlm.com/booking/#BookingSecon ... =1,2=0,3=0&

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Start date of VLM flights ANR-HAM is apparently 20 April 2015, and RTM-HAM should start on 13 April.
André
ex Sabena #26567

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Still waiting for VLM Sukhoi Superjet news...Will they fly with the Sukhoi to Hamburg?

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Indeed not much news, with delivery originally planned in 2 months from now...
Don't think there is much of a business case for a jet, nor a 90+ seater on ANR/RTM - HAM routes...

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

July and August flights to Milan have been replaced by extra rotation to Alicante and twice weekly Ibiza by Jetairfly. (see website)

So far 11 destinations this summer for ANR:
Jetairfly to Alicante, Barcelona, Ibiza(Jul and Aug), Malaga, Palma, Berlin and Milan(except Jul and Aug).
Flyvlm to Geneva, Hamburg and Southampton.
Cityjet to London.

Yes and also Take Air to Zurich...

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Sorry Only in Dutch
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuw ... port.dhtml

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tangolima wrote:Sorry Only in Dutch
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuw ... port.dhtml
In brief, as from July, parking is no longer free at Antwerp Airport. Construction of new parking spaces will start soon. The cost of parking is not yet fixed, but will be cheap in comparison with BRU and CRL.

The end of an era!
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Today's paper reports some politician is challenging the construction of the new parking area, saying that no planning permission was asked for. Guess from which party...

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Today I noticed a new, white office or terminal building with a rather awkward, extended roof that points out towards the tarmac. It's built between the Winters Aviation hangar and the offices of The Aviation Factory. My best guess is that this will be some kind of VIP terminal for Abelag or Aviapartner.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

I guess you are talking about the new GAT terminal??