Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2015

Post by sn26567 »

Confirmation of airazurxtror's message by Brussels Airport:

Brussels Airport remains in security level 3. Increased vigilance still applied. Passengers can take flights as usual. Airport remains accessible.

Parking is forbidden in Kiss&Fly zone. Unattended vehicles will be removed immediately. Use P1 & P2 to drop off or pick up passengers.

Additional revenues through use of parkings P1 & P2 instead of Kiss&Fly ???
André
ex Sabena #26567

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Parking is always forbidden in the Kiss&Fly zone.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

In the article, they say it's inaccessible so it's not even possible to drop off passengers.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

well this morning around 7h45 it was already a huge mess with a long car queue and 10min delay (A saturday, so early, well done)
But I think there is no link with the security level, it's a mess since they change their parking system.
In the article, they say it's inaccessible so it's not even possible to drop off passengers.
I didn't focus much on the mess but it looked like the usual : 30sec parking for droping pax.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Alert level 3 maintained at Brussels Airport (vs level 4 in Brussels City and Region). Increased vigilance still applied, but the airport is operational and flights are not impacted.
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

I would recommend dropping off family and friends near Delhaize Melsbroek, where they can take a bus to the airport. It reduces traffic jams!

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

Hi,
Any idea why JAF 2618 (AGP) of today didn't land in ANR but diverted to BRU?
Rgds,
CRJ 900

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Luchtzak, PttU !
André
ex Sabena #26567

PttU

Post by PttU »

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

A Kelowna Flightcraft DC-10-30 freighter, registration C-GKFD performing flight KFA-206 from Moncton (Canada) to Brussels with 4 crew, was enroute at FL330 over the Atlantic Ocean about 400nm northeast of Gander when the crew reported electrical problems and decided to divert to Gander.

Source - full story:
http://avherald.com/h?article=48fd51a1&opt=0

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Passenger wrote:A Kelowna Flightcraft DC-10-30 freighter, registration C-GKFD performing flight KFA-206 from Moncton (Canada) to Brussels with 4 crew, was enroute at FL330 over the Atlantic Ocean about 400nm northeast of Gander when the crew reported electrical problems and decided to divert to Gander.

Source - full story:
http://avherald.com/h?article=48fd51a1&opt=0
In 1994, Sabena leased this DC-10 from from Lufthansa for a few months.
Skystef took this photo in Brussels on 03th Aug 1994:

Photo http://www.skystef.be

C-GKFD is more then 40 years old today: it joined Lufthansa in March 1975.

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

Yes, it was very windy in Antwerp today. I work nearby the airport and could hear the wind 'sing'.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

A regional TV report for two aborted landings followed by a diversion to an airport less than 15 minutes flying away... I think this must be a first.
But it won't be the last diversion, only moderate bad weather landing aids, strict crosswind limits especially on wet rwy, not to speak of reduced braking action every now and again the coming months...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

DIBO wrote:
A regional TV report for two aborted landings followed by a diversion to an airport less than 15 minutes flying away... I think this must be a first. But it won't be the last diversion, only moderate bad weather landing aids, strict crosswind limits especially on wet rwy, not to speak of reduced braking action every now and again the coming months...
The problem was not the divertion itself, but the low altitude. After the missed approach at ANR and during the divertion from Antwerp to Brussels, JAF-2618 circled at 2.000ft (above Antwerp) and diverted at 3.000ft (from Antwerp to Brussels). For many people living in Borsbeek, Wommelgem, Schilde, Zandhoven and Vremde, this was the first time that the JAF Embraer was flying so close above their head. Many of them contacted the media, hence the media reports.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/fligh ... 8/#8116d78
http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tb2618/

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

The problem was not the diversion itself, but the low altitude.
:shock: Well, I beg to differ...a lot: 'problem' there was no problem at all (only some logistics getting pax to BRU and back). Low altitude: no different from std. approaches and departures. After the first go-around, 2000ft is the standard altitude to start the published approach (or a vectoring one). After the second go-around, 3000ft is the std. initially cleared altitude. Only this 2nd go-around was initiated around the middle marker so, climbing fast, the 1500ft missed approach altitude was reached mid-airfield, starting the left turn so soon, is not a common sight. And Vremde church is always overflown around 1000ft descending on the approach, so they are certainly used to it. The only thing out of the normal were the 2 approaches and the 2 'departures' in less than 10 minutes. Must have generated at least 20 complaints from the 5 Green extremists. But a regional TV report for this....my goodness. :roll:

Hue

Post by Hue »

Flights under visual flight rules have been prohibited in Brussels Control Zone by notice to airmen since last Sunday. These measures have been extended till next Sunday. Only police and military vfr allowed.

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

Hi,
Was on ANR on Tuesday (flight to HAM). Just wonder if the F50 of VLM didn't have problems landing with these strong winds in the afternoon. Our flight was normal. Landing in HAM on the other hand quite shaky due to heavy wind over there.
Rgds,
CRJ 900

PS LF on HAM +/-50% (return +/-60%), GVA +/-10%, LCY +/-80%

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

DIBO wrote:Well, I beg to differ...a lot: 'problem' there was no problem at all (only some logistics getting pax to BRU and back). Low altitude: no different from std. approaches and departures. After the first go-around, 2000ft is the standard altitude to start the published approach (or a vectoring one). After the second go-around, 3000ft is the std. initially cleared altitude. Only this 2nd go-around was initiated around the middle marker so, climbing fast, the 1500ft missed approach altitude was reached mid-airfield, starting the left turn so soon, is not a common sight. And Vremde church is always overflown around 1000ft descending on the approach, so they are certainly used to it. The only thing out of the normal were the 2 approaches and the 2 'departures' in less than 10 minutes. Must have generated at least 20 complaints from the 5 Green extremists. But a regional TV report for this....my goodness.
There were no complaints. A lot of people living near the airport saw the Embraer flying for the very first time at a very unusual altitude and in a very unusual flight direction. It seems that local tv ATV got quite some reports from anxious viewers that day, asking ATV if it there was a security problem. Hence the ATV report (by the way, excellent reply from Luc De Wilde on ATV).

Yes, people living near Vremde-church are perhaps used to see an Embraer at low altitude. But always in the same direction: towards the runway. For many other inhabitants from Vremde and from Wommelgem and Schilde however, it was not only their first sighting of an Embraer: it was at a very low altitude ànd not towards ANR runway. I understand they were worried indeed.